Lag on blops 3

Turrell90

My ping according to the netduma is always around the 23 ms, if I play during the day or early evening everything seems ok. If my shooting is not accurate I die as I should, if accurate I win the gunfight, as I should. However once I get near midnight when I suppose their are fewer lobbies to choose from this is not the case. Before I get told it's lag why does this not happen all the time? The same level and skill players are in the lobby, I have ultimate cod profile enabled, geo filter on, is there anything I can try? As this makes play impossible and makes me mad! Thanks in advance

once I get near midnight when I suppose their are fewer lobbies to choose from

why does this not happen all the time?

The same level and skill players are in the lobby

You pretty much answered your own question. As it gets later in the evening, the more 'casual' 7pm players stop gaming to spend time with their family / watch tv / go to the pub / go to bed, etc. Then there are fewer players to choose from and games pull players in from further away to make up the numbers.

It doesn't happen all the time because 'near midnight' only happens once every 24 hours in each timezone  ;)

No, they are not even close to the same level/skill players in the lobbies. The people that are still playing around midnight (and probably every night) are not the same as the people that have a few games either side of their dinner and then go off to do something else. The midnight players are the sweats, the pub stompers, the slayers. Obviously a few are just baked and/or chronic insomniacs but most midnight gamers will be the well-practiced and more highly skilled players.

It's not just that the casual gamers stop playing. I have played cod enough to know when I am at a disadvantage. I will know someone is coming, aim at the door they come through and they will kill me before I can get a shot off. If I check lobby leaderboard the players that are doing this to me will often have the same stats as the ones I play at diff times of the day.

Blops 3 is the only cod I have played through the netduma, so I did mention previous games as this would not be a true comparison. The R1 has made a difference to my games for most parts of the day. On another note is 23 ms ping considered low? Or do some of you have much lower?

• Netduma Staff

Blops 3 is the only cod I have played through the netduma, so I did mention previous games as this would not be a true comparison. The R1 has made a difference to my games for most parts of the day. On another note is 23 ms ping considered low? Or do some of you have much lower?

Hi, welcome to the forum!

23ms is a great ping - we usually recommend below 60ms for a good gaming experience. Over that number is where you start to really notice rubber banding / bad hit detection. If you wanted to, you could always run a pingplotter test at different times of day to see if your gaming is being affected by it.

It's not just that the casual gamers stop playing. I have played cod enough to know when I am at a disadvantage. I will know someone is coming, aim at the door they come through and they will kill me before I can get a shot off. If I check lobby leaderboard the players that are doing this to me will often have the same stats as the ones I play at diff times of the day.

I didn't say it was just that the casuals have stopped playing. I also said that as it gets later the numbers thin out and the game will pull people in from further away to make up the numbers.

You can't go by KD at all, it's a worthless statistic and means nothing.

A lot of terrible players (and unsporting scumbags) have a high KD because they quit or dashboard every match that they aren't going to win with a 3KD+.

And some players (like me) will prestige over and over, do every challenge and every gun challenge and their KD will be much lower than their actual skill level because of it. A person with a 2KD that has done every challenge is a lot more skilled than a player that dashboards their way to a 2KD and hides at the back of the map.

Maybe you're just getting tired later in the evening, everybody needs sleep.

My ping according to the netduma is always around the 23 ms, if I play during the day or early evening everything seems ok. If my shooting is not accurate I die as I should, if accurate I win the gunfight, as I should. However once I get near midnight when I suppose their are fewer lobbies to choose from this is not the case. Before I get told it's lag why does this not happen all the time? The same level and skill players are in the lobby, I have ultimate cod profile enabled, geo filter on, is there anything I can try? As this makes play impossible and makes me mad! Thanks in advance

What type of internet connection do you have? if you have cable you're  bound to lose almost every gun fight you can't really compete with fiber type or DSL type internet connections.

I'm not an expert on technical set ups, so bear with me. I have fibre to my local cabinet and copper into my house, I get around 38 download and 8 upload. I have my ISP router plugged into the incoming cable and my R1 plugged into that and my Xbox one hardwired into the R1. Thanks for the replies by the way.

What type of internet connection do you have? if you have cable you're  bound to lose almost every gun fight you can't really compete with fiber type or DSL type internet connections.

That's nonsense. I maintained a 2+kd on a cable line.

You should have a more stable and slightly lower ping with a vdsl/fibre connection but you will not lose every gun fight because you have cable.

A lot of people will blame their cable line for the reason they lose 'every gunfight' but if they had a fibre line then they'd just blame something else.

I'm not an expert on technical set ups, so bear with me. I have fibre to my local cabinet and copper into my house

Same sort of line as mine then.

If you're concerned that your line may be iffy, test it with ping plotter.

so i hadn't played cod in almost a year until the ww2 beta and it went great for me, great connection basically all the time at 40-50 ms, which is typical connection for me.  

Then just the past few days I decided to jump on infinite warfare, then bo3, and it has been so terrible connection wise.  My ping is still within 40-50 ms for the most part but there is a constant screen judder effect, not like rubber banding but something like frame rate dropping even though I don't think I'm dropping frames.  Also I've done a bunch of connection test and it looks like I have a constant zero % packet loss so I'm at a loss.

So it's basically impossible for me to play right now, and I'm just wondering if this is just me or if this is everyone on infinite warfare and bo3.

That's nonsense. I maintained a 2+kd on a cable line.

You should have a more stable and slightly lower ping with a vdsl/fibre connection but you will not lose every gun fight because you have cable.

A lot of people will blame their cable line for the reason they lose 'every gunfight' but if they had a fibre line then they'd just blame something else.

Same sort of line as mine then.

If you're concerned that your line may be iffy, test it with ping plotter.

Well, I have cable and dsl so I'm only posting my experience with both and I prefer dsl, my game experience has been better with dsl than with charter. There are a lot of different setups with our internet connections so experiences may vary.

My ping is still within 40-50 ms for the most part but there is a constant screen judder effect, not like rubber banding but something like frame rate dropping even though I don't think I'm dropping frames.

I haven't played either of them for a while but I remember BO3 had a judder problem with party chat a while back (quite a long time ago now though).

Can you post up a short clip showing it?

Well, I have cable and dsl so I'm only posting my experience with both and I prefer dsl, my game experience has been better with dsl than with charter. There are a lot of different setups with our internet connections so experiences may vary.

I'm not saying you're wrong about cable being less stable for gaming, my connection on vdsl/fibre is so much smoother for gaming. Compared to my cable line it's ridiculous.

Unless there's a line problem with an adsl/vdsl/fibre connection, it will always be a more stable ping than with cable.

I just meant that it's not true that you'll lose every gunfight is all.