my isp provided router died

my netgear router has died at the grand old age of 7 years old.

my isp sent me another one out and it was just a straight swap over and i plugged the wires into the same ports on the new one etc , is there anything i should check/tick or untick on the new router ? , im not having any issues as such so this is just a double check so to speak.

ok finally had time to look into this

unpnp is now off

port forwarding no option to turn off just to add things so i assume its off until something is added ?

dmz erm my r1 is the only thing connected to the router so im guessing that the number shown :- udhcp-1-22-1-4c-5e-0c-6e-25-38 will be the netduma ?.

the only reason iv looked into it is in party chat on the ps4 just 1 person shows up as nat issues , but checking the ps4 connection both ends we both show type 2 nat , now it was fine before my plusnet router died now it isnt , so im guessing that its the new router.

• Administrators

Double check and look on the bottom of the router does it match with the Mac address shown? Forget about this bit: udhcp-1-22-1-

I'm assuming they've been added to your allow list? Does it give you issues of not being able to join each other/hear each other or does it just have a message?

it just says unable to talk to such and such due to nat issues , iv just rememberd this as a test i swapped over to wifi from wired and it was fine.

and the netgear router has a diagram on it and it shows something plugged into port 3 with the same number  and as the r1 is the only thing plugged in to it .....

• Administrators

Are you talking about two consoles on the same network or your console and someone elses outside your home?

If switching between wifi/wired made it work then they would appear as different devices so that means you probably have the wrong device port forwarded, geo-filtered etc

two different consoles one oop here in derbyshire and one o'er thur in lincolnshire soon as i join party chat the nat issues shows up.

and have i missed 2 cloud updates ? 

• Administrators

Check what I said about the two devices (one WiFi, one wired) as thats the likely reason, settings are applied to one and not the other etc.

Yes, they're on auto & bleeding edge cloud so you should have them already.

the other ps4 is many miles from me and it says unable to chat due to nat errors it was only his console i have had this problem with so far.

though i do know my m8 has 2 ps4s on his network and is always moaning about lag etc , i have mentioned that maybe he hasnt set his consoles up right , he got all arsey ha ha ha and then kind of validated my point by altering someone else ps4 and router and fucked it all up , since i had the issue the other night and tinkerd with my router i havnt spoke to him as yet , also on the same night i was getting psn errors so wasnt sure if it was my power line (hence the switch to wifi) or new router causing the problems , i have had no issues since knocking off unpnp etc and like i said i havnt spoken to my m8 yet

• Administrators

the other ps4 is many miles from me and it says unable to chat due to nat errors it was only his console i have had this problem with so far.

though i do know my m8 has 2 ps4s on his network and is always moaning about lag etc , i have mentioned that maybe he hasnt set his consoles up right , he got all arsey ha ha ha and then kind of validated my point by altering someone else ps4 and router and fucked it all up , since i had the issue the other night and tinkerd with my router i havnt spoke to him as yet , also on the same night i was getting psn errors so wasnt sure if it was my power line (hence the switch to wifi) or new router causing the problems , i have had no issues since knocking off unpnp etc and like i said i havnt spoken to my m8 yet

You mentioned on your console that you switched from wired to wireless, that's what I'm referring to. If you have an open NAT then it is likely not on your end. Given what you've just mentioned it sounds like its much more probable that it's on your friend's end.