Lag Compensation Problems? (not sure what this is tbh)

Sorry but you clearly ignore he could easly be manipluating his connection to sponge shots or get host (go watch videos to see) also you ignore the fact that he could also be using a modded controller (scuff/elite pad).

Also again there is the CRONUSMAX and how thats ruined COD massivley (go look at what it does) which is why anyone who uses the COD Theater mode in cod to show gameplay is probably using one as you dont see its effect of it in Theater mode as you do in live gameplay.

So online gaming will never be on a 50/50 situation any more as there are to many factors to take in to account, also when you see a clips of gamers clearly landing shots on people only to die from say 3 bullets from the enemy, you can see why they call BS on it. But then thats the games fault showing one thing and another thing is happening. As even playing live is not realistic representation of what actually is happening in games any more due to Lag Compensation.

Please note I am not saying he is but alot of COD players do

The part you quoted was a reply to Monzo and he didn't mention any of that stuff so I didn't comment on it.

But yes, A7 could be using a CronusMax but I'm confident that he is playing fair and is a legit slayer. I also don't think he's manipulating to sponge or anything like that. He probably is using an Elite pad, that's not cheating, I always play with an Elite pad - it's made by Microsoft after all so they clearly don't consider it cheating either.

A 50/50 situation in CoD doesn't mean they have exactly the same percentage chance of killing one another. I just mean a situation where two players see each other at roughly the same time and broadly have the same opportunity to kill one another. Yes people will cry bs and sometimes it is, I shout bs at loads of my deaths but I know that the people I'm beating are also doing the same when I kill them.

I'm not even going to get into lag compensation. I'm not interested in discussing it.

You said you tether to your phone so you can lag your way to a win, that is cheating, I'd perma-ban you from online gaming and cut off your thumbs for that  :angry:

At the end of the day, too many people can (and do) label every single player that beats them as a cheat or they blame lag compensation, they take no responsibility for anything. It's pathetic.

I have everything he has. Gunskill, reaction time may be a bit off but it's pretty good, stuff like that. But the connection in games will help a lot. That's my point. Look, let's get back to fixing the real problem here. where do I start, what do I do?

If your gun-skill and reaction time is a bit off then that would 100% explain why you don't do as well.

We're all great at CoD when we're playing against players with less ability.

Ok, I'm happy to look into your issue when you show me that there is one.

But saying that lag compensation get you killed and kills/deaths don't make sense gives us nothing to work with.

The Netduma is sold on a very misleading basis as most think its plug play (as its sold this way by youtubers) which its not

Well...

1- Why are you believing YouTubers for any product you are buying? They are financially invested in selling something to you, as an affiliate. Do you really think they're going to say something is bad when they're being paid to promote it?

2- The Netduma is sold on the idea of stopping lag. It does just that, provided you have a half a brain to set it up.

3- Back to my brain comment, it is as plug and play as you can get. You plug it in, type in your bandwidth, and the router sets itself up for you. What more do you need?

If your gun-skill and reaction time is a bit off then that would 100% explain why you don't do as well.

We're all great at CoD when we're playing against players with less ability.

Ok, I'm happy to look into your issue when you show me that there is one.

But saying that lag compensation get you killed and kills/deaths don't make sense gives us nothing to work with.

Wrong. That's not true. A7 does not have perfect reaction time, no one does. I have just as good reaction time as A7 does. I have already shown you video proof by asking you to look at someone elses video that just posted it about a week ago in another post. The kids name is Victor Yout, he is having the same problem as me, and in his video, that's exactly the problem that I am dealing with at this moment. This really doesn't need to be an argument, but with a few of you moderators, you really don't know how to be very professional when someone has an opinion or when someone has a problem. I have a few problems with mods due to the fact that whenever someone has a problem with something, the person seems to at some point get insulted in the discussion, get s*** down their throat when having a problem or making an honest opinion, and then when the person gets mad and doesn't get the help, you blame them for their problem and tell them that they're basically on their own and that they need to fix it themselves. That's the most unprofessional way to handle the situation. The way A7, ModBox, and the other guy in here (forgot his name) have been handling this is very professional. They have not once insulted me or my opinion, or anyone elses. They might've had a disagreement, but they don't start using words like pathetic or making an argument out of it, which is what none of us were intending on doing. We just wanted our damn problem fixed. A7 is not a God, everyone makes him seem that way. You're the reason no one is getting the help that they need in these forums, not A7 showing off his skills. Yes, A7 showing his skills that he has including his settings on the Duma have really supported the team in selling more, but because of his skills, we have people like you who takes that, and starts making him look like a God, telling people that we will never has what he has because he has "gun skill and great reaction time". THATS NOT THE ONLY WAY TO BE GOOD, CONNECTION AND LAG COMP PLAY A HUGE PART AS WELL... We aren't all perfect. There are going to be times where we will die in game and of course we are going to get pissed about it. We just want things to be a lot more fair in game play, that's all we want. People have made it possible, you're telling us that we're just sitting here not taking responsibility for our actions. Maybe Scion didn't but I know I do when I make a stupid mistake. So again, you are wrong about my problem.

Colonic, I'm sorry for saying this, but in my honest opinion, I'd rather have ModBox and the other guy (not Scion) help me with this problem due to the fact that I don't think you are professional enough to fix my problem. I wanted my problem to be fixed, yet I'm getting an argument because I had a professional opinion. the way to have handled my opinion professionally, was to just take it the way it was, and continued to fix my problem, but of course you didn't do that and started an argument off of my opinion and completely side tracked from the problem. This is not the first time you have done this, and I'm not the only one who has dealt with this. I feel as if the Devs really need to crack down on who our Mods and Staff are, and possibly do a bit of a clean up, or need to be discussing professional matters with our mods on how to handle problems more professionally to improve customer service experience and so that sales will rise. Again, I apologize for telling you that, but it's the truth.

ModBox, how do you think I should continue handling my problem? Should I download Ping Plotter and try testing the line quality, or should I try something else?

ModBox, how do you think I should continue handling my problem? Should I download Ping Plotter and try testing the line quality, or should I try something else?

First apologize to ColonicBoom. He didn't say anything wrong, his views or opinions are his own and have no reflection of Netduma as a company or their products. He's here to keep things organized and civil. He's done just that.

I spend quite a bit of time on these forums and at least once a day someone is complaining about having the DumaOS update released before it's finished. Honestly, it's just annoying to hear whiny impatient kids who think they're entitled to something on here complaining and telling a company what they need to do. Pretty sure we got 17+ FREE updates to give us a solid firmware that works perfectly fine right now... assuming you set it up correctly.

Whew.

Now if you want me to help you, first what modem do you have? You said before it's Arris and right off the bat I'll assume it's trash because of that.

Second, you need to test your line and post your modem signal levels.

To test use pingplotter, overnight, on a wired PC, with your congestion control set at 70% both ways... Or if you can (which isn't likely possible) connect your PC directly to the modem so nothing else can interfere with the test by using the internet.

You're just making stuff up now Monzo. I don't think I said anything like that.

I wasn't even replying to you, I was replying to Scion and I was talking about cheats and people that blame their losses on cheats and lag. It was directed at a large proportion of the online gaming community as a whole.

We've all heard and received messages saying "aimbot", "wallhacker", "cheater", "kill yourself", "cancer", etc.

And, when you're not cheating, you know that those people can't take a fair loss.

But for clarity, I do think you fall into this category - If it makes you feel better, I'm also guilty of blaming others connections all the time so you don't need to take it personally.

Practice and skill is THE ONLY WAY to be consistently good at anything. In everything in life. Sports. Education. Gaming. Throwing a pingpong ball into a cup. Everything.

Some people are naturally talented but they still have to have the skill and they still have to practice.

Yes, even the greatest players can be hurt by a bad connection. But the best connection in the world doesn't make an average player great.

That's enough.

The reason you're not getting help is because you're not providing information related to your problem.

Read back through my responses to you in this thread, report them if you find anything that you deem unacceptable, I'm confident that I wasn't rude to you or unprofessional (until now).

You don't have a 'professional' opinion, you spout accusatory nonsense with nothing to back it up. You need to stop telling Mods how they should reply to you and stop twisting what is said to you. And you need to stop telling Netduma how to run a beta.

If you have something to report then use the 'Report' button. Don't publicly call for the head of a Mod/Admin or you will receive a further warning.

Don't be sorry for not wanting me to help you, you've put me right off trying to help you anyway.

I doubt very much that you would listen even if God Almighty turned up at your house, with John Lennon, Elvis and Jimmy Hendrix as network engineers, and told you what was up.

First apologize to ColonicBoom. He didn't say anything wrong, his views or opinions are his own and have no reflection of Netduma as a company or their products. He's here to keep things organized and civil. He's done just that.

I spend quite a bit of time on these forums and at least once a day someone is complaining about having the DumaOS update released before it's finished. Honestly, it's just annoying to hear whiny impatient kids who think they're entitled to something on here complaining and telling a company what they need to do. Pretty sure we got 17+ FREE updates to give us a solid firmware that works perfectly fine right now... assuming you set it up correctly.

Whew.

Now if you want me to help you, first what modem do you have? You said before it's Arris and right off the bat I'll assume it's trash because of that.

Second, you need to test your line and post your modem signal levels.

To test use pingplotter, overnight, on a wired PC, with your congestion control set at 70% both ways... Or if you can (which isn't likely possible) connect your PC directly to the modem so nothing else can interfere with the test by using the internet.

Now with Ping Plotter, as I use it overnight, how long do I keep it running for? I'm guessing 12 hours? Cause if that's the case, I have to leave for work in the morning around 7:20. So I guess starting at 10 or 11 and running it until 7 sounds ok? And when that's done, I guess I'm going to screenshot the results, or is it going to record the results on its own?

Now with Ping Plotter, as I use it overnight, how long do I keep it running for? I'm guessing 12 hours? Cause if that's the case, I have to leave for work in the morning around 7:20. So I guess starting at 10 or 11 and running it until 7 sounds ok? And when that's done, I guess I'm going to screenshot the results, or is it going to record the results on its own?

You can save the output file and post it here so I can load it into my pingplotter and view it however I want

...then there is the CRONUSMAX and how thats ruined COD massivley (go look at what it does) which is why anyone who uses the COD Theater mode in cod to show gameplay is probably using one as you dont see its effect in Theater mode as you do in live gameplay.

Wow, really?

I use theater mode, am I hiding something too?

I'll post live gameplay when I play next, I hope that will help, not sure what it'll prove, my hits are the same live as they are in theater, at least thats how it looks to me when I play.

Wow, really?

I use theater mode, am I hiding something too?

I'll post live gameplay when I play next, I hope that will help, not sure what it'll prove, my hits are the same live as they are in theater, at least thats how it looks to me when I play.

I know you posted your settings before but could you post them again or post a link to them please? Thanks!

Other people's settings mean nothing, they may have a perfect ISP for gaming and have a great modem without a buggy CPU, they may have no one else using their network while the game.

Diagnose the ISP/ modem first with ping plotter always state the ISP and the modem when you post a plot on the forum.

If you are the sole user of the line you may use any % on the congestion control you can use hyper lane or not depending if the console is the only thing on line at the time.

The Geo depends on where you live in the world.

I match my Broadcom modem CPU to the Broadcom CPU that is used in my Hauwei cabinet in the street.

Modem was tested to gauge if it was good enough for gaming with ping plotter before attaching it to the network.

Master socket and cables trialled before use, it is a full network that needs to be running optimally.

Those 2 guys around 1:20 (headshot and jumpshot) must have been raging  :lol:

I watch some of these videos back and feel sorry for them because I am milliseconds ahead of almost everyone in the lobby. :)

Ok, Just got done with PingPlotter, just not exactly sure how to save the output file. How do I save the output file?

File > 'Save Image' to save the screenprint.

File > 'Export Sample Set' for the proprietary data file (what MoDBoX was asking for).

You can choose between 'Current Focus' for what is on screen at that moment or you can choose 'All Data'.

In my unprofessional opinion, you would be better off saving 'All Data' for MoDBoX so he can choose what to look at.