Help with gigabit speeds on Netduma

I will be getting Verizon's gigabit plan soon however I would like to receive the full speeds that are offered. I'm not completely sure however from what i understand I can use another router such as the OnHub router to increase the bandwith of the Netduma yet having the Netduma features available to connected devices. I'm not sure on how to set this up.

from what I know of the netduma it supports speeds up to 900mbps which falls short of 1gbps.........but that speed is well sufficient for any person's or household's needs.

• Netduma Staff

I will be getting Verizon's gigabit plan soon however I would like to receive the full speeds that are offered. I'm not completely sure however from what i understand I can use another router such as the OnHub router to increase the bandwith of the Netduma yet having the Netduma features available to connected devices. I'm not sure on how to set this up.

Hey, welcome to the forum! Try out these settings for your speeds:

- Reactive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Enable turbo mode
- Enable super turbo mode
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

Big Dog is correct - due to hardware limitations you could get 800 - 900mbps through the Netduma. You only need less than 10mbps for gaming though, so that amount is more than sufficient for downloading stupendous amounts across a lot of devices and still gaming. Let us know what speeds you get with those settings.

Well the reason why I ask is because I hear that from WiFi the Netduma doesn't provide gigabit speeds. Trying to see if using another router solves this? I don't know how to set this up.

Just use the router they give you for everything and then connect your gaming devices to the Netduma. To get those speeds you'd have to disable congestion control anyway so you'd be limited to using only the geo-filter regardless.

Put your Netduma into the Verizon router's DMZ

• Netduma Staff

Well the reason why I ask is because I hear that from WiFi the Netduma doesn't provide gigabit speeds. Trying to see if using another router solves this? I don't know how to set this up.

Mod Box has the right idea - you'll always get somewhat lower speeds over WiFi, but let us know how you get on with my settings and Mod Box's advice.

Mod Box has the right idea - you'll always get somewhat lower speeds over WiFi, but let us know how you get on with my settings and Mod Box's advice.

Just use the router they give you for everything and then connect your gaming devices to the Netduma. To get those speeds you'd have to disable congestion control anyway so you'd be limited to using only the geo-filter regardless.

Put your Netduma into the Verizon router's DMZ

Okay thank you both, I'll update you on my results soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay thank you both, I'll update you on my results soon.

Okay so I'm a bit confused. Verizon gave me this router that connects to an Ethernet cord to provide internet instead of a cable that would swivel into my previous Motorola Surf modem. So, how do I go about setting this up? Right now the Netduma is providing me half of my gigabit speeds. I have it set up like this, the Ethernet that provides the internet connection is connected to the modem/router that Verizon provided, the red Ethernet cable that is provided with the netduma is connected from the first Netduma ethernet port to the second Verizon ethernet port. From there I set the DMZ host on the Verizon gateway to the netduma which has an iP shown as 192.168.1.15x (replace x with a number). I'm confused because when I plug the ethernet which provides the internet connection to the netduma, I don't know what to put for the DMZ on the verizon gateway as I can't change the 192.168.1.x to 192.168.88.x. Hopefully my issue is easily understood. All of this is tested through Ethernet, I disabled WiFi on the Netduma.

Okay so I'm a bit confused. Verizon gave me this router that connects to an Ethernet cord to provide internet instead of a cable that would swivel into my previous Motorola Surf modem. So, how do I go about setting this up? Right now the Netduma is providing me half of my gigabit speeds. I have it set up like this, the Ethernet that provides the internet connection is connected to the modem/router that Verizon provided, the red Ethernet cable that is provided with the netduma is connected from the first Netduma ethernet port to the second Verizon ethernet port. From there I set the DMZ host on the Verizon gateway to the netduma which has an iP shown as 192.168.1.15x (replace x with a number). I'm confused because when I plug the ethernet which provides the internet connection to the netduma, I don't know what to put for the DMZ on the verizon gateway as I can't change the 192.168.1.x to 192.168.88.x. Hopefully my issue is easily understood. All of this is tested through Ethernet, I disabled WiFi on the Netduma.

Well if they're making you use their own router that plugs directly into ethernet from the ONT then I'm pretty sure you can just get rid of that router completely and use your own. (May have to call and have them provision your own router)

As for what IP to put in the DMZ you would put the IP that shows up on the Verizon router for the Netduma. So it would be 192.168.1.15x like you said you saw.

• 3 weeks later...

Best I can get out of the Netduma is at max 690Mb/s down and 675Mb/s up with Gigabyte Verizon Fios.

When I ran it a speed test on the Verizon Router, G1100, I got the full advertised speeds of 940Mb/ down and 940Mb/s up.

Frazier, or anyone from the Duma team, any plans on actually updating the hardware after the Duma OS is released since speeds are getting much faster and affordable for a lot of people and maybe perhaps offering a trade in program for the earlier adapters of the router?

• Netduma Staff

Right now we're focusing on upgrading our software as much as possible, but new hardware could come in the future since the Mikrotiks struggle with gigabit speeds. It's possible to achieve 800mb/s through the Netduma in a lab setting but unfortunately you can't get higher than that.

Right now we're focusing on upgrading our software as much as possible, but new hardware could come in the future since the Mikrotiks struggle with gigabit speeds. It's possible to achieve 800mb/s through the Netduma in a lab setting but unfortunately you can't get higher than that.

I can't even connect to the NetDuma.  I'm sure I can bypass by calling Verizon, but then I'd have no cable or phone.  

I don't mind the cap because that's well over my needs.  I just want to be able to use the NetDuma.  

• Netduma Staff

I can't even connect to the NetDuma.  I'm sure I can bypass by calling Verizon, but then I'd have no cable or phone.  

I don't mind the cap because that's well over my needs.  I just want to be able to use the NetDuma.  

Can you see the Netduma R1 network in your network settings? Can you connect wired to a PC? Try checking out this guide and let us know if it works for you: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000022395-why-can-t-i-access-the-r1-interface-