PS4 - Slow wired connection

Terrible, if you are collecting ping plotter results to show them, show then the hub tests only.

You have packet loss on the hub first hop it's either a bad cable or hub.

The hub 2 do not have the puma cpu issue unlike the 3.

Hi,

I know there is an issue with hub 3. They keep saying there is nothing wrong with the connection I have. I would like someone's advice of what to measure. I measured everything directly from hub 3.0.

A bit of spiking maybe but not to the levels that yours is. I would go direct to the company itself

Hi,

After a "nice" chat with virgin they did some changes and checks and the guy over the phone advised me to try this on modem mode.

I pinged a few addresses wired and they were slightly better than before. Did not get the latency I got last evening.

Now, my router is modem mode. Netduma doesn't work anymore and I get no internet. I have checked the virgin router and it works wired to a laptop, but the netduma router does not have any internet. It says limited network. Help!

I'm on Virgin as well and it should work just fine in modem mode. Power off both your hub and your NETDUMA. Power up the hub and after one minute, power up the NETDUMA. 

I was able to get internet through modem mode and netduma. But the lag in the game was excruciating. Everything I have done is pointless and it does not work. I do not know if it is virgin or netduma.

• Administrators

I was able to get internet through modem mode and netduma. But the lag in the game was excruciating. Everything I have done is pointless and it does not work. I do not know if it is virgin or netduma.

Now you need to ensure you have 70/70 anti-flood, console in hyper traffic as well as ~1000km radius, strict on and ping assist 0.

Now you need to ensure you have 70/70 anti-flood, console in hyper traffic as well as ~1000km radius, strict on and ping assist 0.

Ok I bought several ethernet cables and I did some testing. I wanted to check if the cables were the problem.

Test 1:

1. PS4 connected wired to Virgin: between 74-85 mbps

2. PS4 connected wired to Netduma: below 10 mbps. I tried different settings (100% download for PS4; equal values for all devices). I know you said is not reliable but the value I get through virgin is 10 times higher, which definitely shows a problem.

Test 2:

1. Laptop connected wired to virgin: between 85-95 mbps

2. Laptop connected wired to netduma: between 45-66 mbps with different settings.

I believe there is a problem with Netduma and I need help to find out if that is the real problem. I tried playing FIFA connected to virgin and the lag is excruciating. I tried yesterday through netduma and it did not work. I need help with settings (which I do not believe represent the real problem) or a replacement. I still want the router to be able to Deny cheaters and not get the lag.

Update: Sunday - 04.06.

1. I managed to get a 2ac hub replacement order from virgin. Will arrive at the beginning of the next week.

2. I have tested the Netduma Wi-Fi connection on the PS4: 47 mbps. Wired is below 10 mbps.

3. I get pretty much save speed on Wi Fi on all devices from Netduma - 35 - 50 mbps; however, from virgin router on 2G I get 80mbps.

Update Monday 05.06.

- i used all the settings from the following thread: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20726-the-best-settings-imo-for-the-10306-firmware/

Download speed: 4mbps. Nothing works and I need a replacement guys.

• Administrators

If you're getting much lower speeds then make sure you have everything set like this, then redo your tests:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

If you're getting much lower speeds then make sure you have everything set like this, then redo your tests:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

I have done all those settings. Nobody does anything on the network. I am the only one using it. And to top it all up, last evening I had intermittent connection from netduma router, but I thought I was going crazy. Today, the connection just dropped at one point. Total loss, but virgin was still working. I am 100% positive the router is broken now. How can I get it replaced?

• Administrators
Post in the 1 on 1 section: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/and I will have a look, I have to confirm it is indeed faulty. Please note I need around a days notice.

Post in the 1 on 1 section: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/and I will have a look, I have to confirm it is indeed faulty. Please note I need around a days notice.

I have already started the return process through Amazon. I have ordered a new one, as well. If you want to quickly have a chat, please pass me an office phone number (not 0845) on private message and I can give you a ring so we can check if it is indeed broken. If it is not broken, which I doubt it, I can cancel the return and the new order, as well.

• Administrators

I have already started the return process through Amazon. I have ordered a new one, as well. If you want to quickly have a chat, please pass me an office phone number (not 0845) on private message and I can give you a ring so we can check if it is indeed broken. If it is not broken, which I doubt it, I can cancel the return and the new order, as well.

I would need to physically look at the interface rather than having a call to be able to see whats going on. I wouldn't be able to tell if it's faulty or not. I can do a 1 on 1 with you pre return or after you get the next one

I would need to physically look at the interface rather than having a call to be able to see whats going on. I wouldn't be able to tell if it's faulty or not. I can do a 1 on 1 with you pre return or after you get the next one

I received and tested the new router and it's flawless. I received a 2ac hub from virgin, as well, which I have not installed yet because the 3.0 has been quite alright for the past few days. I guess posting the assurance of a 30ms ping after pretending being a new customer in the area helped when you exposed everything online. :)). How do I close the thread?

• Netduma Staff

I received and tested the new router and it's flawless. I received a 2ac hub from virgin, as well, which I have not installed yet because the 3.0 has been quite alright for the past few days. I guess posting the assurance of a 30ms ping after pretending being a new customer in the area helped when you exposed everything online. :)). How do I close the thread?

So just to clarify, do you want to do a 1 on 1 with the old Netduma or not? I'm glad to hear it's working out with the new Netduma and hub; I'll lock the thread once you let us know if you want a 1 on 1.

So just to clarify, do you want to do a 1 on 1 with the old Netduma or not? I'm glad to hear it's working out with the new Netduma and hub; I'll lock the thread once you let us know if you want a 1 on 1.

No, I do not need a 1 to 1 anymore. However, I encountered a new issue. As mentioned before, when I used to change the online game mode from FUT Division to FUT Championship (FIFA 17) it kicked me out on one connection (wi fi or wired) but it worked on the other one. Now it kicks me out all the time in Fut Championship. I tried extending the radius for host filtering thinking that the servers are in France, but it did not work. Any advice?

• Netduma Staff

No, I do not need a 1 to 1 anymore. However, I encountered a new issue. As mentioned before, when I used to change the online game mode from FUT Division to FUT Championship (FIFA 17) it kicked me out on one connection (wi fi or wired) but it worked on the other one. Now it kicks me out all the time in Fut Championship. I tried extending the radius for host filtering thinking that the servers are in France, but it did not work. Any advice?

Unfortunately since FUT champs uses only far apart dedicated servers, the Geo-filter isn't compatible with that game mode. I would advise turning it off and using it only in other Fifa game modes - make sure your congestion control is set up correctly and you should still have relatively stable games.

Unfortunately since FUT champs uses only far apart dedicated servers, the Geo-filter isn't compatible with that game mode. I would advise turning it off and using it only in other Fifa game modes - make sure your congestion control is set up correctly and you should still have relatively stable games.

Ok .. I will give it a try. You can close this thread now. Thanks for all the help!

• Netduma Staff

Ok .. I will give it a try. You can close this thread now. Thanks for all the help!

No problem - if you've got any more issues let us know in another thread.