MY THOUGHTS ON NETDUMA ROUTER AFTER 30 DAYS.

Mauler57

**THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY REVIEW OF THE NETDUMA ROUTER. So, i've mastered the interface, prioritized, and listened at the masters feet to be enlightened on all the cool, nifty, features of my new router. The first thing was the in your face claim to have killed gaming lag. A tall order for sure. DSLReports test showed all 4 tests as Green A+ results, perfect alignment required to kill that horrible lag. Call it a fluke, first time luck, whatever. My first game i went an amazing 31-9. and than  everything went south. I sought and received generous offers of help. My thoughts on 90% failure rate.. The whisper of why such high percentages of losses  were common in COD Infinite Warfare was quickly labeled as Manufacture Error. My thoughts wondered the possibility of the Netduma failing in extremely heavy populated areas. My area in the NE  USA is has 10's of millions of residents within a 175 radius of me. My IP gives me 200 megs DL amd 25 UL. I played BLOPS3 with same issues,, Battlefield 1, nothing noticeably wrong other than it seems to run slow FR and struggles to play the game via Netduma. There are other bells and whistles made to which enhance the Netduma. A $200 doorstop?? Paperweight? Not giving up yet...Send help, 

Mauler57

• Administrators

As in your previous thread you're getting a good ping so the Duma is doing it's job. In the video you shared it didn't look like you were lagging. I suggested you try to force different servers, have you done this?

Also provide the screenshots asked for here and we can look further into your settings: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-

As in your previous thread you're getting a good ping so the Duma is doing it's job. In the video you shared it didn't look like you were lagging. I suggested you try to force different servers, have you done this?

Also provide the screenshots asked for here and we can look further into your settings: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-

Thank you Fraser. We've been down this road already. You suggested "0" for Ping Assist, Strict Mode, a tight area around me for that no outside the area players can join. I will resend everything again if you wish. 

• Administrators

Thank you Fraser. We've been down this road already. You suggested "0" for Ping Assist, Strict Mode, a tight area around me for that no outside the area players can join. I will resend everything again if you wish. 

If I can potentially help further then it is worth doing! 

My first game i went an amazing 31-9. and than  everything went south. My thoughts on 90% failure rate.

My thoughts wondered the possibility of the Netduma failing in extremely heavy populated areas. My area in the NE USA is has 10's of millions of residents within a 175 radius of me.

I played BLOPS3 with same issues, Battlefield 1, nothing noticeably wrong other than it seems to run slow FR and struggles to play the game via Netduma.

You can't rate the performance of network equipment on your own performance in games. There are far too many variables, including yourself and obviously your opponents.

175 mile radius from me includes almost the whole of England (and some of France) which totals well over 50 million residents so it's not an issue.

The Netduma shouldn't cause any frame-rate issues for any games. If you've throttled your connection down to silly levels then you could be creating packet loss which might make things look a but 'skippy' I suppose but otherwise not.

What issues are you actually having in BO3 and IW? Just the issue of getting killed when you feel you shouldn't?

You posted a video the other day to illustrate your rubber bullets and one shot deaths but the video didn't show that at all.

I didn't notice any lag, stuttering or a frame rate issue either.

It looked like you had a great connection in game.

many players with and without the netduma are having a bad experience with cod IW. Like stated above there are so many variables including the inadequate netcodein the game itself.

I play bo3 and have nearly flawless gameplay with my netduma and my linksys wrt3200 running openwrt LEDE.

It's a rough game to have any consistency for a lot of people as said above so many variables that are/could be going on.Find the best settings for your network and area and lobby hop to find which dedi's play best for you.You can't control other people's networks and connections to the dedi your ones if it's running bad leave the lobb,block the server and wait 2 minutes for the anti cheat and try again.

It's really all you can do if your network is set up correctly,it just depends on if you get in a good lobby or not.

I want to add in a bit on what you're seeing, and what you're expecting the netduma to do. As for what you're expecting the netduma to do, with games like COD, it's honestly unrealistic to have every game be great for you. Likely most games will be "Okay/Average" at best.

The reason for this, and it has nothing to do with the netduma, nor any networking equipment you could be using home side. COD has for the last several years used dedicated servers to host each match. However loading into each pregame lobby is still P2P, but when you search for a lobby you ping the dedicated servers. As this is the way they have the networking setup for these games. Sadly.. Just because you're pinging at 20-25ms to the server, doesn't mean the other 10+ people in your lobby are pinging at low latency as well. Then you add in the "Lag Comp" COD has used for the last several years in there multiplayer. The lower ping people in the lobby are actually at a disadvantage due to this.

With all that said, there's nothing the netduma itself can do to control this, and so ultimately it's up to the developers doing the networking design for these games to improve, and fix. Because all the "Netduma" can do for you is force connect you to as low as possible "Host" for the game. But has no control on others connecting to that "Host" itself. The only way the netduma could control all this, is if the games were true P2P, and you were able to be "Host" of the lobby. Because then the netduma could block the higher ping players from connecting, and you would have full control.

However most of these online FPS now a days don't work this way, and honestly the games the netduma can help with the most now. Are Sport's type games, that use true P2P to connect you, and a opponent to play each other. I'm talking about 1vs1 type sport's games. Because then the netduma is limiting which players can connect to you due to what there ping is.

Trust me I wish there was a easy way to fix these type issue's, and improve online gaming for most of us playing FPS type games, where ping/latency matters most. But like I said above.. Ultimately that's still in control of the game developers, and the way they have the networking setup. Biggest thing networking design developers for these games could do, is to have ping/latency limit's set for each server, and if you're above these limits, you can't play on that server. There's negatives to doing this though.. However most people shouldn't have to suffer, for others less then ideal connection, and there troubles.

I want to add in a bit on what you're seeing, and what you're expecting the netduma to do. As for what you're expecting the netduma to do, with games like COD, it's honestly unrealistic to have every game be great for you. Likely most games will be "Okay/Average" at best.

The reason for this, and it has nothing to do with the netduma, nor any networking equipment you could be using home side. COD has for the last several years used dedicated servers to host each match. However loading into each pregame lobby is still P2P, but when you search for a lobby you ping the dedicated servers. As this is the way they have the networking setup for these games. Sadly.. Just because you're pinging at 20-25ms to the server, doesn't mean the other 10+ people in your lobby are pinging at low latency as well. Then you add in the "Lag Comp" COD has used for the last several years in there multiplayer. The lower ping people in the lobby are actually at a disadvantage due to this.

With all that said, there's nothing the netduma itself can do to control this, and so ultimately it's up to the developers doing the networking design for these games to improve, and fix. Because all the "Netduma" can do for you is force connect you to as low as possible "Host" for the game. But has no control on others connecting to that "Host" itself. The only way the netduma could control all this, is if the games were true P2P, and you were able to be "Host" of the lobby. Because then the netduma could block the higher ping players from connecting, and you would have full control.

However most of these online FPS now a days don't work this way, and honestly the games the netduma can help with the most now. Are Sport's type games, that use true P2P to connect you, and a opponent to play each other. I'm talking about 1vs1 type sport's games. Because then the netduma is limiting which players can connect to you due to what there ping is.

Trust me I wish there was a easy way to fix these type issue's, and improve online gaming for most of us playing FPS type games, where ping/latency matters most. But like I said above.. Ultimately that's still in control of the game developers, and the way they have the networking setup. Biggest thing networking design developers for these games could do, is to have ping/latency limit's set for each server, and if you're above these limits, you can't play on that server. There's negatives to doing this though.. However most people shouldn't have to suffer, for others less then ideal connection, and there troubles.