"Raddy" please check ...Sky Hub sr102

Burger100

Hi folks just a question hopefully somebody can answer, has anyone switched out the sky black sr102 fibre router for there own. If so which one have you gone to and how easy is it to set up, many thanks in advance for any reply's given :D .  

Member RADDY1993 has done this.

A quick search and I found many threads on how to extract the user/pass

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extracting-sky-router-passwords/

This one looking the best.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extracting-sky-router-passwords/59028-simple-tool-extracting-username-password-your-router.html

follow zens link. Once you get your unique un and pw all you need to do is buy your own modem (not a modem/router) and hook it up to your socket. connect the netduma, type in your un and pw you got into the wan pppoe section and you are up n running.

Cheers for the replies was thinking of replacing the hub with either the tp link archer d9 ac1900 or the bt openreach huawei echolife hg612 any thoughts on them please ?

Cheers for the replies was thinking of replacing the hub with either the tp link archer d9 ac1900 or the bt openreach huawei echolife hg612 any thoughts on them please ?

The openreach hg612 3b model are great,do you know what the fibre cabinet looks like on your street?is it a huwaie cab?

Not to sure to tell you the truth all i know it not long been put in and grey in colour many apologies, and can i just say big thanks to you all for your input on this thread taking time out to help others is a virtue some people seem to forget about and a simple thank you can make a big difference to some. So THANK YOU.

Hi Raddy hope you don't mind apologies if you do but i am waiting on delivery of the HG612 3b modem (did try to pm you). Can you please give me any advice with the set up etc.If this is a problem to you i fully understand sir just thought i would ask before i attempt it myself or rather fling it out the window when i no doubt fail spectacularly.  :)

If you use the hg612 you can turn off the modem within the sky hub,all you need to do is connect ethernet to lan port 1 of hg612 and other end to bottom ethernet port of sr102 this then doesn't use the modem with the sky hub,sky use mer authentication which locks you down a little when it comes to using other routers but it still works with the openreach modem,the setup would have to be hg612>sr102>netduma

Cheers folks as always there to help very much appreciated shall give your suggestion a go benormous sir thank you.This is what I like about the duma army the more educated titans helping us mere mortals, keep the good work up.