Netduma WiFi issues

For the last couple of weeks I've been having wifi issues with my Netduma - after 15 months of perfect performance.

What happens is the wifi will suddenly stop responding, I can still connect to the router via my lan connection but the wifi just stops suddenly and doesn't come back.  After a soft reboot of the router, the wifi will then pick up and everything will continue fine.

The only change I have had in my set-up is that I got a better newer modem than i used about three weeks ago, but I'm not sure how that would cause issues with the wifi.

Anyone had similar issues?  And hopefully have any fixes?

Sadly the "Wifi Workaround" is disabled.  Every time it happens though I do check this thread.

Also to the other people who suggested I check the channel - I have done that, I'm on the less congested of the three classic wifi channels (1,6,11) around me - though there are a lot of wifi networks around me.

Thanks for the help so far.

• Netduma Staff

Sadly the "Wifi Workaround" is disabled.  Every time it happens though I do check this thread.

Also to the other people who suggested I check the channel - I have done that, I'm on the less congested of the three classic wifi channels (1,6,11) around me - though there are a lot of wifi networks around me.

Thanks for the help so far.

With your new modem, did you turn off the modem WiFi? Ensure that all devices are connected to the R1 WiFi and try setting your security mode to PSK2 in Settings -> WiFi. Did you try ticking WiFi Workaround or did you leave it unticked?

Been a while since I had this issue but could you make sure that it isn't anywhere near any other electrical devices such as cordless phone base stations.

One other thing, are there any usb C type devices in your home?

So performance degrades about 15 minutes before the wifi hangs if that's any help.  Sadly I don't have any 100% repo steps - and it seems to happen quicker with the family all using wifi devices (ipads, streamed media etc.)  At most there are 5 or 6 devices on the wifi at once.

This is weird, I have 7 wifi devices and 5 wired and no issues, I used to but moved my router location away from phone base station by 3 feet and all sorted since.

Sorry mate not a clue as to why you having problems. 

I hate to sound like a broken record but could you run a ping plotter test for 24 hours for us?

Does this happen at a similar time, like evening when loads of people are locally using the net? Not in your household just in general. Im sure you can see where I'm going with this. lol :) Just trying to help mate. 

• Netduma Staff

So performance degrades about 15 minutes before the wifi hangs if that's any help.  Sadly I don't have any 100% repo steps - and it seems to happen quicker with the family all using wifi devices (ipads, streamed media etc.)  At most there are 5 or 6 devices on the wifi at once.

If you remove the Netduma from the equation, do you still get WiFi dropouts? I'd recommend the pingplotter test Bagsta suggested, that will give you the best idea possible of what's going on.