I can see Wifi but can't connect

The problem that I am experiencing lately is that everything will be working fine. Next day, my wireless devices say they are not connected. Check several devices to prove to myself that the Wifi is indeed active but nothing can connect to it. Typing in the password doesn't fix the problem. One of my friends with the router told me that the Wifi of the router isn't very reliable and I hate that answer due to so much of my TV's and such are wireless. He suggested I change the Wifi channel and that seem to work for about a month or so until it does it again. The only way I know to fix it is to unplug and plug back in. Yes, I can hard wire into the netduma and change the password and still the devices won't connect.I'm trying channel 8 right now but hoping to hear what the actual problem and fix is. Love the capabilities of the router except not dual band but for the price, my netgear was just as awesome except I wasn't savvy enough to limit my distance for lagging.

You should pick the least congested channel (scan them), rather than just trying random ones.

I haven't ever had this issue myself so don't know what's causing it.

Have you tried the wifi workaround?

You should pick the least congested channel (scan them), rather than just trying random ones.

I haven't ever had this issue myself so don't know what's causing it.

Have you tried the wifi workaround?

I have no clue how to scan channels and what is the Wifi workaround?

I have no clue how to scan channels and what is the Wifi workaround?

Wifi Workaround is an option in Miscellaneous Settings.

As Warren said. I'm sure there's loads of apps.

If you have a Mac you can Alt-click the wifi symbol in the top-right, click 'Open Wireless Diagnostics' but don't then click 'Continue'...

Press Alt+Cmd+4 and it'll bring up the wifi scanner. Or click 'Window' followed by 'Scan' in the drop-downs.

Click 'Scan Now' and it'll give you the least congested channels.

On a PC, I expect you have to download some software because PCs are hateful.

• Administrators

As well as the device given use the PSK2 security mode and make sure there are no wireless devices (e.g. devices connected via WiFi/Wireless headphones etc) close to the router as they could interrupt the WiFi signal. Microwaves also interrupt the signal so if you have the router near one move it away.

• Netduma Staff

I have been in the process of using channel 3 (Wifi Analyzer) and Wifi Workaround. So far so good.

That sounds good, I'm glad it's working out for you. Keep us updated, and if you encounter any other issues feel free to open another thread.