Geo filter not working for me.

Hi Guys

The dedi server nearest to me that I get a solid 8ms ping to. i.e UK are playng really bad lately so I thought I would try to camp some different ones i.e Usa, that is when I noticed that with the Ping assist set to zero, and strict on it still picks up hosts outside of the filter. Do I need to change some sort of setting? It has always worked up until recently.

Any ideas guys??

Thanks in advance

Palla

Did you give it time for the changes to take effect?

Try rebooting your console and Netduma, after setting different geo settings.

How far out of the Geo radius is it? Ones that are on the line can get caught as if they're within the radius.

Hi Guys

The dedi server nearest to me that I get a solid 8ms ping to. i.e UK are playng really bad lately so I thought I would try to camp some different ones i.e Usa, that is when I noticed that with the Ping assist set to zero, and strict on it still picks up hosts outside of the filter. Do I need to change some sort of setting? It has always worked up until recently.

Any ideas guys??

Thanks in advance

Palla

This happened to me last night. My radius is set around the Netherlands/France/Germany/Italy because getting 7ms to the UK gives me terrible, nosebleed-inducing laggy games. Strict mode is on, ping assist is at 0ms. I haven't changed settings for about a week now. It was working just fine until suddenly I got dumped into a game where there were icons on screen, everyone in the game kept dropping from 4 to 1 bar (including myself) and the Netduma showed me getting a steady 140ms. I checked the filter map and suddenly I was getting red dots outside of my radius rather than yellow triangles, and I found I had connected to a player host in Serbia

ok so I did as said and the filter is now once again working for me.

Thanks again CB for the advice.

palla

Cool, glad it helped.

the Netduma showed me getting a steady 140ms. and I found I had connected to a player host in Serbia  

last week I tried someone's recommended settings for IW and after that it would take 20 MINUTES for a page on the Netduma's GUI to load up

I never had any of these issues last year on my last Netduma, which was on the very same 1.03.6h firmware lol...

I got a P2P host on some little island the other day (135ms ping and all the 'game health' icons), it was Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico - I had my Geo off as I like to be surprised by CoD matchmaking.

I used to get games with Puerto Ricans in BO2 in my pre-Netduma days. It's mad considering I'm only about 30 mins from London.

That's why I don't use other peoples' settings  ;)

Don't worry, Duma OS 2.0 is just around the corner, I'm sure that will resolve the slow GUI issue.

• Netduma Staff

Don't worry, Duma OS 2.0 is just around the corner, I'm sure that will resolve the slow GUI issue.

DumaOS should definitely solve that issue. It'd be pretty insane if the slow GUI problem still happened after we reinvented the interface from scratch!