Story of middle east players!

maazsk97

that is because middle eastern internet isn't fit for purpose........you can't polish a turd!

No but you can roll it in glitter.

I was having a few games with LTR7 a few nights ago. He was hosting and I had around 170ms of ping and was kicking ass n taking names on blops 3 lol. 3KDR games of TDM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,i saw this thread and would  like some feedback on the matter.Im currently working in the middle east (Oman) south of the UAE (Dubai) and ive seen that  theres no COD servers in the region,....no wonder why i struggle at COD Pubs even though i can destroy guys on LAN and System Links for Xbox One.Is there anyway to solve this by either renting a server  for the region to connect to,to have a better experience of the game, cos if i purchase the netduma which i plan to do in the near future,how will it help me when the servers are only in Europe ,can anybody shed some light on the topic i just raised,i would really appreciate it Big time. TIA.

The OS2 software that will be coming out will incorporate anti jitter which will help give your connection less jitter as the phrase suggests.

The congestion control will help you with buffer bloat and controlling how much bandwidth goes to which devices on your network and the hyper traffic will help with prioritising your game data packets.

The geo filter whilst not able to help you select a local server (as there arn't any) will allow you to a least select the best server, or servers that play well for you.

Im in the UK and on Advanced Warfare the game would sometimes connect me to a host in Mexico with 800ms of ping. 

With the Duma I now only ever connect to a UK host or one with less that 12ms ping which is just above my base ping.

I still couldn't hit a stationary barn door but at least I know its not my connection at fault.

• Administrators

Hi guys,i saw this thread and would  like some feedback on the matter.Im currently working in the middle east (Oman) south of the UAE (Dubai) and ive seen that  theres no COD servers in the region,....no wonder why i struggle at COD Pubs even though i can destroy guys on LAN and System Links for Xbox One.Is there anyway to solve this by either renting a server  for the region to connect to,to have a better experience of the game, cos if i purchase the netduma which i plan to do in the near future,how will it help me when the servers are only in Europe ,can anybody shed some light on the topic i just raised,i would really appreciate it Big time. TIA.

Unless you're on PC (and this I'm not even sure of - don't know if they allow custom servers) renting a server wouldn't work. It's possible that you could force P2P for the region, someone said recently that there is more P2P but I can't confirm or deny that at the moment. If that was possible then Geo-filter would help you limit the distance. Otherwise it would guarantee you the closest servers (being Europe). However, congestion control will always work to keep your connection stable and allow all devices to use the internet without affecting each other.

Good news. Treyarch finally listened and now allows local p2p on bo3. For the past few weeks im not getting any EU servers and only getting local hosts with 7-30ms ping times. I tested this without the geo filter. I miss the Italy server as It used to give me a smooth 57-60ms ping. I have noticed that with such a low ping i now get screwed over by lag compensation but im happy as it plays great most of the time. I can finally play my favourite CoD in peace .

Ok cool,thanks for the responses guys but i thought as much, that renting a server for console would be a long shot,so since the servers are all in europe,is it necessary to have the netduma R1,will it only stabilise my connection..?im getting one soon since i game alot and wont be in the region for too long but for now im suffering with IW lag and need a fix,.. from being the Chef mashing potatoes to being an unwilling potatoe is not cool at all,hahaha!, i look forward to your feedback,TIA.

To be honest, from my own experience and reading that of many other dedicated gamers, IW is a take your chances game. It works for some but is terrible for many others. 

Really wanted it to play well so that I could play it for another year but went of the first 2 weeks getting frustrated, then behaved like a 6 year old and thew my dummy out of the pram, then came to the conclusion it is not worth putting my blood pressure up for.

Try it every now and then but to date it is unplayable for me on PS4 Pro.

Try and I wish you good luck.

Ive gone back to Black Ops 3 and MWR.

• Administrators

Ok cool,thanks for the responses guys but i thought as much, that renting a server for console would be a long shot,so since the servers are all in europe,is it necessary to have the netduma R1,will it only stabilise my connection..?im getting one soon since i game alot and wont be in the region for too long but for now im suffering with IW lag and need a fix,.. from being the Chef mashing potatoes to being an unwilling potatoe is not cool at all,hahaha!, i look forward to your feedback,TIA.

It depends where the game normally places you. If it places you on the Australian server for example then the Duma would help to ensure you get Europe. Congestion control will always work regardless to keep your connection stable & unaffected by other devices.