Spectrum 60mbps

II N3MES1S II

Nemesis, are you wired or wireless when you check? For me, when I check on my computer that is wireless...I get 30-40 down. But when I check on my Xbox One which is wired...I get 68 down. I also have Spectrum. But, since I switched from TWC to Spectrum the speeds seem to fluctuate a lot more. I've checked and sen it in the single digits at times. I think about calling them then, but haven't yet cause I'm sure they won't do anything.

10740077.png

So I have the 60mbps plan and have the netduma congestion set to 100% download and 20% upload.

It's Charter in disguise LOL,I have had Charter / Spectrum for the last 7-8 years and I can say in my experience (just my experience) as some may have great success with them but I have not.In my neighborhood it is dramatically over saturated as they are the only game in town for any kind of speed, no Comcast,no fiber, no nothing.The only other option is AT&T and where I live it's ADSL 12 /1 and don't get me wrong I used that as a dedicated gaming line for a year and then after the introductory price of 21.99 a month, the price went to 79.99 plus 8 dollars a month for rental of there modem/router combo which you have to use.And those speeds are not enough to run a 3600 sq ft house not including the basement.So I had to get rid of them or should I say I chose to get rid of them and I miss my dedicated gaming line but I digress...

So I've been back on Spectrum for about 2 weeks now and I can say I enjoy the speeds for downloads etc but cable lacks the stability that online gaming needs IMO.But I will say that they seemed to improve over the last year in regards to customer service.I know they have acquired TWC and are putting a ton of money into their lines and have fiber available all around me and soon to my neighborhood but they have a business package also that they didn't before and that could be an option and there isn't much of a price difference but you have to use their equipment,which I won't do as their modems they use all have the Intel Puma 6 chipset which will cause you nothing but issues,Buck and MoD have been thru this issue with Comcast with the same results.

But I wouldn't hesitate to call them is something isn't right but remember all they are required by law is to get you 80 -85 percent of your speeds and that's considered ok due to all the other variables with regards to the internet,inother words they have lots of loopholes.But I would still call if you have any issue and see what they can do.

• Administrators

Double check:

Reactive Algorithm
100% anti-flood
Share excess enabled
Reset device prioritisation & apply
Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
Disable deep packet in misc
Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
Do a wired speed test from a PC

I'll recheck my speeds again later today...but this morning when I checked it wirelessly with my computer...it was 12 down and .25 up. I can't believe wireless would kill it that much. It fluctuates so darn much. Makes me wonder how do I set up the speed on my router since it's never the same. Reactive or Premptive? Sometimes it's above 50, often it isn't.

I guess I need to wire my computer in...I don't have a long wire currently though. Are the Xbox speed test diagnostics reliable?

• Administrators

I'll recheck my speeds again later today...but this morning when I checked it wirelessly with my computer...it was 12 down and .25 up. I can't believe wireless would kill it that much. It fluctuates so darn much. Makes me wonder how do I set up the speed on my router since it's never the same. Reactive or Premptive? Sometimes it's above 50, often it isn't.

I guess I need to wire my computer in...I don't have a long wire currently though. Are the Xbox speed test diagnostics reliable?

Would leave it as reactive so you're never hindering yourself. I wouldn't go by the console speed tests, PC wired speed test would always be best.

Check your on the least congested WiFi channel in your area as well to rule that out.

I got spectrum 60 mbps speeds and 4 mbps down but when i run a speed test im getting like 65 down and almost 6 up

Yeah that's about the same exact speeds I get also on the same package, speeds fine just the quality I'm not impressed with at least in my area.

• Administrators

Sounds good Fraser...and if that average turns out to be 40 or so...you still would recommend me using the Reactive setting right?...so I don't limit anything.

Well if it was 40 the congestion control would always base it on that unless you had the anti-flood at 100% & reactive. So yes keep reactive and whenever you're not gaming/heavily using the internet put anti-flood to 100 then you'll get whatever the speeds are you have at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's about the same exact speeds I get also on the same package, speeds fine just the quality I'm not impressed with at least in my area.

me too the quality is terrible but i can say you get your speeds you pay for and some 

me too the quality is terrible but i can say you get your speeds you pay for and some 

Yeah kevo I'll give them that, they do deliver the advertised speeds and above.I think since Spectrum took over they are trying to improve their service on my street they have red and yellow flags and trucks in just about every yard.I live on a lake and it's a dead end street with only 10 houses or the right side and 10 houses on the left sides you can get a pretty good view of what's going on in the neighborhood  :) And I talked to one of the guys last week and they are running all new line in my area (was hoping for fiber) and doing the same in a large area which is great if it helps with the jitter on the line as I'm hoping it will.

As much as I don't like Spectrum as you know their known for a lot of jitter being a cable ISP,but I think that they are trying to improve as they use to be the only game in town but now there are other ISP's coming into the area.Which hopefully will make them step up their game and I notice it really depends on your location people like you and I have issues and people like looney have a great connection and no issues...SMH

Yeah kevo I'll give them that, they do deliver the advertised speeds and above.I think since Spectrum took over they are trying to improve their service on my street they have red and yellow flags and trucks in just about every yard.I live on a lake and it's a dead end street with only 10 houses or the right side and 10 houses on the left sides you can get a pretty good view of what's going on in the neighborhood  :) And I talked to one of the guys last week and they are running all new line in my area (was hoping for fiber) and doing the same in a large area which is great if it helps with the jitter on the line as I'm hoping it will.

As much as I don't like Spectrum as you know their known for a lot of jitter being a cable ISP,but I think that they are trying to improve as they use to be the only game in town but now there are other ISP's coming into the area.Which hopefully will make them step up their game and I notice it really depends on your location people like you and I have issues and people like looney have a great connection and no issues...SMH

I totally agree with you on that. In terms of speeds they over deliver. I'm located in Queens ,New York  and the past few weeks they been busy setting new wiring in my area. Im hoping some good is coming out of that. 

• 5 years later...
  • Administrators
41 minutes ago, mildredlopez said:

Hi, I'm having some problems with my internet connection, I currently have the 60mbps internet with spectrum but I just noticed my internet connection was too slow, so I ran a speed test at speedtest.com (with the ethernet cable plugged in and all devices disconnected from wifi) and the test said I was getting only 20.71mbps, and because I don't know much about these things I couldn't figure out what is happening, so I would appreciate if you guys can help me find what is going on.(My modem is the N600 modem router combo, Model C3700

Are devices still connected to the modem or are all connected to your DumaOS router?