Connect to netduma from main router wifi

Hi folks I want to connect to my netduma via my other routers WiFi, I have extenders connected to my BT home hub but want to connect to my netduma through the other routers wireless. Any ideas how? Page doesnt load 192.168.88.1 unless I'm connected via netduma WiFi. I have the duma connected to man prort of my other router as usual and added to DMZ but it doesn't connect via wireless.

That doesn't sort the WiFi , my netduma only covers half the house so I have extenders connected to my homehub to cover the other half. I'd boost the duma WiFi but couldn't get it working as it doesn't have WPS.

Tried changing the Ssid and password on extender to match the duma but no joy. Someone suggested that but it didn't work.

• Netduma Staff

That doesn't sort the WiFi , my netduma only covers half the house so I have extenders connected to my homehub to cover the other half. I'd boost the duma WiFi but couldn't get it working as it doesn't have WPS.

Tried changing the Ssid and password on extender to match the duma but no joy. Someone suggested that but it didn't work.

What model are the wi-fi extenders and what options do you have to change on those? Can you change the wi-fi security settings? If so, make sure they match. There shouldn't be an issue getting those to work with the R1.

Hi Jack the extenders are BT , I just renamed them with same ssid and password as the duma wireless. Maybe I missed something , I'll take another look , id defs like to be able to reach it from the other part of my house and make the WiFi extender extend the duma wireless instead of my BT hub. Maybe I missed a security setting

• Netduma Staff

Got it sorted extended my WiFi on the duma now instead of the home hub yay!

That's great; what exactly did you do to solve the problem? Your solution might help other people in that situation.

Yeah in think my setup is pretty solid now, got WiFi extended on the duma so now using its wireless as the primary. Also spotted moderate nat on my ps4 so sorted that by setting a static IP. I'll probably end up disabling the BT hub WiFi alright. Find my wireless speed not great with the extender connected to the duma but still enougj for most needs. Getting 5 mb on the extended WiFi with duma but was getting 15 or so with WiFi extender connected to the home hub.

• Administrators

You should be getting more than that. Use a WiFi analyser to find the least congested channel in your area and change to that. Also make sure you've got the router set up for your speeds: 

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000027341-my-speeds-have-decreased-help-