Optimal Settings

I have 400 MB down and 350 MB up.  I play AW on Xbox one.  I play great off host but every time I host i feel as though my opponents kill me even faster than I kill them even though I'm host.  I believe it may be a result in my host being too good for everyone?  I plan on testing the routers capping feature with different levels of up/down to determine what settings are best for playing off host and what are best for playing on host.  I want to ensure that my bullets still register but I want to receive lag compensation or be a warrior haha.  Anyone have any idea(s) or methods that has worked for them? I really appreciate any guidance and feedback.

Buck are you trying to degrade my post..? After alI.. All I came here for was for some advice?  What are you even here for, member? Take your 230 posts to spam section. Thanks for the bump.   :rolleyes: oh and as for my speeds.. you mad or nah?

I'm quite certain he wasn't trying to degrade your post. In fact, I believe he was just shocked at how high your speeds are since those numbers are unheard of.

As for advice, I think the netduma has a cap on their router right now being somewhere at 100MB... So you may not be receiving the full benefits of your speed. Are you connected to anything else? What do you have your congestion to? 70% on both upload and download works for me.

I have 400 MB down and 350 MB up.  I play AW on Xbox one.  I play great off host but every time I host i feel as though my opponents kill me even faster than I kill them even though I'm host.  I believe it may be a result in my host being too good for everyone?  I plan on testing the routers capping feature with different levels of up/down to determine what settings are best for playing off host and what are best for playing on host.  I want to ensure that my bullets still register but I want to receive lag compensation or be a warrior haha.  Anyone have any idea(s) or methods that has worked for them? I really appreciate any guidance and feedback.

Try them both on 70% thats what most members use, i have mine on 100% as im the only one really using the internet in my house.

Buck Nasssty is a top bloke and he was just amazed by your speeds.

70% 70% , there is no way to force god mode that is not what the router is designed for, it is for lag free (as possible) and a fair fight.

Buck are you trying to degrade my post..? After alI.. All I came here for was for some advice?  What are you even here for, member? Take your 230 posts to spam section. Thanks for the bump.   :rolleyes: oh and as for my speeds.. you mad or nah?

Chill out buddy it's not that kind of forum.  Those speeds are wow and buck was just commenting on them.

• Administrators

Hi iisolatee

I think Buck was just complimenting your Internet connection. 

So a few things to note as others have mentioned:

1. The routers max speed is between 120-150 at the moment. But I have done tests in the lab with a new feature that brings it up to around 800mbits. Hopefully have that out within a few weeks
  2. I know there are a lot of theories out there about bandwidth & lag comp. I personally don't buy them. But regardless Netduma as a company focuses on ping only as that is the most important metric. You can try out whatever you want I believe quite a few people here do. But the support team won't be able to comment on it. I just suggest setting it to 70% each way to stop other people at your home making you lag. However with your high bandwidth connection I don't think that will be an issue till the new 800mbit patch. 

Hope that helps and feel free to ask other users here what there personal preferences are.  Hope you love your R1

The routers max speed is between 120-150 at the moment. But I have done tests in the lab with a new feature that brings it up to around 800mbits. Hopefully have that out within a few weeks

That's some jump in top speed!  That's some serious optimisation :)

• Netduma Staff

Thanks guys.  I didn't mean any disrespect to iisolatee if it came across that way.  

I don't think it did. I knew what you meant and I think the others did too :-) Its difficult to know the tone in which something is said on the internet so its easy for things to be misunderstood :)

Thanks guys.  I didn't mean any disrespect to iisolatee if it came across that way.  

It didn't come across that way to us but if someone is new and is in "normal forum" mode, i.e every little thing gets flamed :P then I guess it's easy to take your comment that way.

iisolatee will soon learn we're a cut above here :)

First off, I want to personally apologize to you, Buck nasty! Me jumping to conclusions was not smart and after reading all the wonderful responses I'm quite embarrassed to be honest, haha. One of you hit my thoughts exactly - I'm too used to other forums and clearly the typical forum culture isn't prevalent here, so thank you everyone for such being such an open community. I do have other people in the house streaming/downloading quite often so I will try the 70/70 and see how that goes. I'm really looking forward for the new update to support the 800 Mbps as 100/100 may restrict my experience in comparison to what I'm used to. I think I would like to try the anti flood feature and keep my upload speeds maxed (350 up) and attempt to cap my download speed at about 10mb). Has anyone "played" with this feature in this regard? Thank you everyone who has provided feedback thus far and once again sorry buck! Cheers!

• Administrators

No probs iisolatee. If I was you at the moment I would just plug the r1 into the router and only plug the games consoles into the R1. Let the computers get the full speed of your connection. Then for the time being you get the best of both worlds. 

Akic, yes it was a lot of fun optimising it :) 

For me this is the greatest forum on the Internet, everyone here is sound, respect for getting back to us in a kind manner.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the greatest router in the world :)

With your speeds you might be in your own world,meaning i don't know of many people here who have those speeds.What works for someone else with say 65 / 5 might not work for you.The beauty of the duma is you can control and play with pretty much every feature of the router.

IMO your not gonna suffer from someone eating up all your bandwith in your household,so play around with the CC and find the best settings for the game your playing.The reason i say that is my settings differ from COD title to COD title ie BO2 is different than AW.

Way to post back and your reply was cool,shows it was just a mis understanding nothing more,consider it squashed.

If you stick around the forum you will find everyone here is a class act ( except that fuzzy clam dude,he's an ass ) and everyone here is more than willing to help out in any way possible.You won't find a better forum (staff and members) for knowledge and just being good people,lots of really smart people here.

And it's already been said but Buck is a straight up good guy.

Good luck to you

Coming late to the party and I was shocked at the up and down speeds of the OP as well.  Who is offering such blistering internet and why can't I get it at my place?!?!?  Names man, we need names. :D

I do play with the up and down speeds on the Congestion, even if I am playing the same game, because some nights there are a ton of players and some nights there are half as many (Blops and Blops 2).

I frequently run either 70/70 or 80/80, and I have located the center of my geo-filter in an advantageous spot on the map to maximize the areas with good hosts and minimize connecting to those that are not so good.

If you are playing AW, the best advice I can offer is to REALLY embrace rating every server you play on and build yourself a small library of "good" or approved servers, even if the players there are better than in other lobbies.  You can also rate the P2P lobbies where the host is still on AOL dial up, to greatly reduce the risk of them getting host again while you are in their lobby.

I have a couple of player lobbies in Oregon logged at 95% rating, because while the guys who play there are savages, the connection is always good and solid, and I can get a 15ms ping to them.

Good luck, but really just playing with the settings will give you some more input than most of us will be able to offer here.  I haven't seen a private connection like yours, but I would definitely OPT for it if it were an option where I live. :D

Welcome to the Forum and to the [Duma] Clan!

Archived