Locked on A Dedicated Server on Xbox Live

YOBIGDUSOFLY

I'm reaching out in an attempt to resolve an issue that has me puzzled.

Firstly though, is everyone or some that's playing COD Infinite Warfare being put on the same dedicated server every time you play like me? Is there a reason if so?

The reason I'm asking is because even with Strict and the GeoFilter unticked it still defaults me to the same server.

All I see is padlocks everywhere. Even if I change my home location it still puts me on the same dedicated server. Is this the way it's supposed to be, or is there a setting that's incorrect? Basically, IDK. All seems fine except for that.

• Netduma Staff

That seems strange; you shouldn't be defaulted to just one server. It's common to be placed in a dedicated server on IW, but it shouldn't happen every time. Where are you located, and where is the dedicated server? Try putting the dedicated server outside of your radius and ticking strict mode. That'll stop you connecting to that one, but can you connect to anything else?

Last night I was finally able to connect to two other servers. However, I remained within my state. The three servers were within close range of each other. Performance was getting better as I worked on it. I'm assuming it's a server farm that's just switching me one after another. I'm not really savvy on this but I'm finally trying to buckle down and learn how to manage.

• Netduma Staff

Try waiting for the map to completely clear, then boot up the game with the Geofilter set up how you like it and see if you can connect to any other servers. Anti-cheat might have kicked in and prevented you from connecting to other servers.

Update; As a test I did a temp ban on the server it always connects me to. I also tried your suggestion. It still put me on the same server. When I temp ban the server it will not find a match. I've got strict set and my home location is set on the west coast. I live on the east coast. Still connects me to the same dedicated server. 

• Administrators

Post in the 1 on 1 section: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/and I will have a look. Please note I need around a days notice.

Please read this first before making the post: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11450-read-before-posting-a-1-on-1-request/

It seems to do this to me with a server in or around Miami. I'm in Savannah Georgia and the game likes to put me in lobbies on this server when it's outside my geofilter. It could be my fault because I'm a Netduma noob but I will ban the server and IW or Xbox still puts me on it. Some games are okay but it brings in a lot of players from outside the US.

https://imgur.com/a/5kLa3

• Administrators

It seems to do this to me with a server in or around Miami. I'm in Savannah Georgia and the game likes to put me in lobbies on this server when it's outside my geofilter. It could be my fault because I'm a Netduma noob but I will ban the server and IW or Xbox still puts me on it. Some games are okay but it brings in a lot of players from outside the US.

https://imgur.com/a/5kLa3

Hey, welcome to the forum! Can't see your screenshot but strict on & ping assist 0 will keep everything inside your radius.

Update; As a test I did a temp ban on the server it always connects me to. I also tried your suggestion. It still put me on the same server. When I temp ban the server it will not find a match. I've got strict set and my home location is set on the west coast. I live on the east coast. Still connects me to the same dedicated server. 

I'm sure you already double checked but did it connect you to the same exact dedi after you temp banned it and waited the 2 minutes for the anti cheat feature ?

As the ID's on the servers are sometimes only 1 letter or number different than the others, as most are pretty good size dedi banks in the same location.

I wrote down all the  ID's of the dedi's in the banks so I would know which one's played better for me and knew which one's to temp ban as they played poorly for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's something I have noticed. I began watching the server ID's. They started changing with me. After watching a little longer I noticed that every ID was exactly 152 miles from my location. Therefore, that tells me that I am not locked on just one server but I am connecting to servers that are in the same location, aka server farm. Every one of them ping anywhere between 35-70ms just rough numbers but it's always over 35ms. It's hit or miss on MP performance. On Friday February 3rd I couldn't have asked for better performance. Top shelf lobbies and it was smooth as butter. On Saturday the 4th back to the usual. Whether it was super heavy traffic because it was Saturday, meh maybe, but, dummy here has finally started paying attention to server ID's and that's how I figured out for myself that I have misinformed everyone. I sincerely apologize, and it has helped me understand more fully what's going on. Experience will always be the best teacher.