Need help playing with friends on Xbox one please.

S4INT MICH4EL

Hi. I been having problems connecting with a friend on my Xbox one for a couple of days now. I don't have any idea why. I been reading the threads, watching Youtube videos, and reading the help section on this website. I feel like I tried everything. Everyday I come from work I am researching on what I might be doing wrong. It's getting frustrating because my friend and I been trying to play with each other and we never could, and I am honestly thinking about sending my Netduma back for a refund. Our both Nat type is open. I am using Verizon Fios 150/150mbps, and he is using Comcast. What is also weird is that I also have PS4 with obviously the same exact settings on my Netduma, but I never have problems connecting to any of my friends on the PSN network. Please help a.s.a.p.

Hi. I been having problems connecting with a friend on my Xbox one for a couple of days now. I don't have any idea why. I been reading the threads, watching Youtube videos, and reading the help section on this website. I feel like I tried everything. Everyday I come from work I am researching on what I might be doing wrong. It's getting frustrating because my friend and I been trying to play with each other and we never could, and I am honestly thinking about sending my Netduma back for a refund. Our both Nat type is open. I am using Verizon Fios 150/150mbps, and he is using Comcast. What is also weird is that I also have PS4 with obviously the same exact settings on my Netduma, but I never have problems connecting to any of my friends on the PSN network. Please help a.s.a.p.

Are you sure, your friend has an open NAT? As do you know how many times Ive had mates say that to me and they havent.

Alos have you been temp ban for voice communication on xbox live, or have you tried talking to xbox support on live chat?

Are you sure, your friend has an open NAT? As do you know how many times Ive had mates say that to me and they havent.

Alos have you been temp ban for voice communication on xbox live, or have you tried talking to xbox support on live chat?

He has an open NAT. I walked him through on how to find out his NAT type and he read the whole description to me. He is calling Comcast now as we speak. No, I have never gotten banned on Xbox live chat or game. While him and I are trying to play with each other we are actually in a Xbox live party chat.

• Netduma Staff

He has an open NAT. I walked him through on how to find out his NAT type and he read the whole description to me. He is calling Comcast now as we speak. No, I have never gotten banned on Xbox live chat or game. While him and I are trying to play with each other we are actually in a Xbox live party chat.

It's worth confirming that you've added your friend on the allow list. It'll also be useful to know where your friend is located? Since you can connect to your friends on your PS4, this is likely due to Xbox Live rather than the Netduma not allowing him. We've never come across an issue where you can't connect to a friend due to the Netduma, so it's highly unlikely to be the cause.

Is your friend out side the geo?

If so read this

I had a Friend and we couldn't connect even with no duma inline, for about 8 months tried everything it was a XBL issue.

Zennon, what did you do to fix your XBL issue? Might fix this one as well.

We couldn't match up together directly even when I used my normal router set up, only when other friends were online and they invited him to the party would it work.

We keep trying for months with no luck until one day 8 months later we could connect again.

The only thing that we had done differently to one another was he is in the preview program (beta dashboard updates)

The only thing that we had done differently to one another was he is in the preview program (beta dashboard updates)

I know this has a major effect on many of the services for XBL, as I was in it for ages and many times I wouldnt get message or connect to party chat.

It's worth confirming that you've added your friend on the allow list. It'll also be useful to know where your friend is located? Since you can connect to your friends on your PS4, this is likely due to Xbox Live rather than the Netduma not allowing him. We've never come across an issue where you can't connect to a friend due to the Netduma, so it's highly unlikely to be the cause.

Well, I do have a problem connecting to PS4 friends also, but once I reset both routers I go back on PSN and the Netduma lets me connect with friends. It is kinda annoying to have to reset both routers every time I wanna connect with friends but it seem this is the only way. I tried the same way for Xbox live, but resetting the router doesn't work for Xbox live.

• Administrators

No. my friend is not outside the Geo. My friend only lives 45 min away from me.

Have you looked on the map to confirm this? He could appear as mis located on the map in which case he may appear outside your radius even though he lives close to you so you would need to add them to your allow list. Can you take a screenshot of your Geo-filter when you try to join him please.

Have you looked on the map to confirm this? He could appear as mis located on the map in which case he may appear outside your radius even though he lives close to you so you would need to add them to your allow list. Can you take a screenshot of your Geo-filter when you try to join him please.

Wait..... How do I know which one he is on the Geo map? I had no idea you can do that.

Another thing to remember is that if you add a friend to your white list (allow) and they have a dynamic ip address then you may need to re add them if their ip address changes.

The only other times I have has issues with this is when one of the party does not have open nat.

Yep follow this link above! 

I am online now. I followed the instructions from the site http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022357--with-the-geo-filter-how-do-i-play-with-friends-

We still cannot connect. When I am looking on the map i see 1 green circles and 1 yellow caution symbol. The green circle is inside my radius and I cannot edit or rename, the yellow cautions symbol circle I can edit, rename, add to the green field, then update. I did just that and now the once yellow symbol is green. I send invites to him but we still cant connect with each other.

• Administrators

Are you on auto & bleeding edge cloud in miscellaneous settings? If so just click apply again.

On the Geo-filter are you using the console online service? Some people use ports for some reason and that can lead to issues when trying to filter.

Are you on auto & bleeding edge cloud in miscellaneous settings? If so just click apply again.

On the Geo-filter are you using the console online service? Some people use ports for some reason and that can lead to issues when trying to filter.

I actually unplugged the Verizon Modem and the Neduma Router for about 30 seconds. Plugged the Verizon Modem, waited to upload, then plugged in the Netduma. Turned on the Xbox after a full shut down, connected with my friend and it worked. I don't know what difference the made this time but I had done this treatment a week ago and it didn't work. Oh well. I finally had a great, fun, and long night playing with an old friend. I honestly still have issues with the Netduma with other things regarding the speed of my connection, but I ain't gonna complain about it. I will figure it out eventually. I read all the forums about it but nothing is not working. Basically I am pushing 150/150, but when netduma is connected I push 25/24 which is a huge loss. I have turbo ticked, and I have done everything the forums says but still no luck.

• Administrators

Great to hear that issue is resolved. For speeds:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

Archived