Netduma won't fix my lag

Rasmus

That might be the reason. I turned it off and then on after i did that. I'll try it tomorrow, is hard turning off ps4 same as just turning the console off or is those different things?

There is couple things i didnt do and those are disableing geo filter, disableing port forwarding in the hub because i didnt know where i disable them. Also what that means first u said upnp or port forwarding on and then upnp forwarding off? So basically i first turn on the upnp and then off?

• Administrators

That might be the reason. I turned it off and then on after i did that. I'll try it tomorrow, is hard turning off ps4 same as just turning the console off or is those different things?

There is couple things i didnt do and those are disableing geo filter, disableing port forwarding in the hub because i didnt know where i disable them. Also what that means first u said upnp or port forwarding on and then upnp forwarding off? So basically i first turn on the upnp and then off?

You need to power it off properly from the menu or hold down the power button until it beeps. You want to make sure it doesn't have that yellow light on to indicate its sleeping. Search for your hubs model and port forwarding and should show you where it is.

Use UPnP in Settings OR port forward in settings now both. UPnP forwarding is a separate option in miscellaneous settings that you should disable.

Yes the "hard reset" is important and Fraser is just making sure you do one or the other when it comes to UPnP or manually port-forwarding but not both.

If your gonna manually port forward go into settings > UPnP and untick it and then hit apply and then go to miscellaneous and make sure UPnP forwarding is ticked.

And if your just going to let UPnP handle your ports go to settings > UPnP > and make sure it's ticked

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case problem is the tact switch that the paddles make contact with are a membrane type. Basically a silicone bubble that gives the button its click. It bursts, and often for me. I ordered replacement tact switches from battle beaver and replacement them myself around 5 or 6 times. I finally gave up the last time it broke. Now I made my own custom controller. I bought a remap circuit board from eBay for 12 bucks, tact switches and buttons from Amazon for another 8 bucks.

What's that got to do with this thread?

If you need support, create your own support thread please.

If you're about to start trying to peddle your custom pads, you'll be banned.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

I got other info to make my nat open. I place the netduma ip i use going in the website and place that in my ISP hub DMZ and that should fix my nat, is it correct?

You use the WAN IP found in device manager, not the 192.168.88.1 address but otherwise yes put in DMZ.

• 7 months later...

I was just wondering if I havent connected all decices to NETDUMA does it make it lagging? Because i've really bad internet and i hoped it gets better but i bought it last year and pretty much nothing else changed than the host is closer. Ping still goes very high every now and then.

• Netduma Staff

I was just wondering if I havent connected all decices to NETDUMA does it make it lagging? Because i've really bad internet and i hoped it gets better but i bought it last year and pretty much nothing else changed than the host is closer. Ping still goes very high every now and then.

We do recommend having all devices running through the Netduma. If they aren't, you won't be able to make proper use of the Congestion Control features, so you will be impacted by locally-caused lag.

• 1 month later...

I tried Speedtest to check my internet and my modem WIFI gave me 30downs and 30ups, but Netduma WIFI gave me 10 down and 30ups. I started wondering since its not really doing anything for me and i want to try my internet without R1. What do i need to do to get my original settings back and not R1 settings? + i have 0 chance getting all my devices to R1 so its not really doing anything for me.

I tried Speedtest to check my internet and my modem WIFI gave me 30downs and 30ups, but Netduma WIFI gave me 10 down and 30ups. I started wondering since its not really doing anything for me and i want to try my internet without R1. What do i need to do to get my original settings back and not R1 settings? + i have 0 chance getting all my devices to R1 so its not really doing anything for me.

Nothing special on my setup, I can simply unplug the R1 and go back to my normal router anytime without any special setup. Is this not working, if not you may have to log into your other router to change settings or factory reset it.

• Administrators

As above, shouldn't need to change anything.

WiFi being slow either sounds like a congested WiFi channel or incorrect settings. Judging by the fact you have WiFi enabled upstream I would guess that not all devices are connecting to the R1 which would mean you're not going to be able to make the most of the features

• Administrators

Do i have to change the DMZ from my R1 DMZ to other?

Not sure what you mean, the WAN IP from the R1 Device Manager should be the IP set in the DMZ of your upstream router. ALL devices should be connected to the R1 otherwise you won't see full benefits so turn off WiFi on upstream router

• Netduma Staff

I mean when i go to device manager and put the R1 WAN IP to the ISP hub. Do i need to do anything with that? No?

I believe you did it correctly - just copy the WAN IP from the Netduma device manager and paste it into the DMZ field on the ISP hub interface. If you've done this, it's configured correctly :)

• Netduma Staff

Im just wondering because i want to try without R1 but i’m worried if i just unplug it i will do something bad to my internet

The only problem would be if you set your ISP Hub into 'modem mode'. If you did this, you would just need to change it back to 'router mode'.

If you have never set it to modem mode you should not even need to unplug the R1 - just connect your console / testing device straight into the hub (either via wired or wifi) so you can then try without the R1