Intel's Puma 6 chipset suffers from latency & jitter, fix soon.

Zennon

20 minutes ago, Sable said:

Wow, thanks for the Info, I think my cabinet is the top one.

if I buy this router will it work for me?

Netduma can not help with line issues if that what your asking.

2 minutes ago, Zennon said:

Netduma can not help with line issues if that what your asking.

No I have a netduma and been using for years, I’m asking about the router KineL bought.

basically I want to try to enable fast path, but don’t want to but wrong router.

32 minutes ago, Sable said:

No I have a netduma and been using for years, I’m asking about the router KineL bought.

basically I want to try to enable fast path, but don’t want to but wrong router.

Ah OK that is a modem we own it is called the Huawei HG612 3B.

I am with TalkTalk it is just plug and play with the R1 etc, you do not need a user name and pass.

This may help with fast path or it may not but they are cheap on eBay. make sure it is the 3B version before you buy.

I would also make sure your filtered faceplate or dongle filter is new and get a new RJ11 cable also.

41 minutes ago, Zennon said:

Ah OK that is a modem we own it is called the Huawei HG612 3B.

I am with TalkTalk it is just plug and play with the R1 etc, you do not need a user name and pass.

This may help with fast path or it may not but they are cheap on eBay. make sure it is the 3B version before you buy.

I would also make sure your filtered faceplate or dongle filter is new and get a new RJ11 cable also.

Yes I am with talk talk also, they recently just fitted the newest version of faceplate. 

I will get the router and the rj11 cable and try it out.

Thanks for the help mate.

did you notice any difference from interleaved and fast path?

1 minute ago, Sable said:

Yes I am with talk talk also, they recently just fitted the newest version of faceplate. 

I will get the router and the rj11 cable and try it out.

Thanks for the help mate.

did you notice any difference from interleaved and fast path?

I run the unlocked version of the HG612 (there is actually no need to have an unlocked version as the stats that are then available are wrong.

I was running a version of the FW that was no G.INP compatible which forced me on to interleaving.

I went straight to thinkbroadband site the day this happened for a thread on the issue and a link to the new FW and that fixed it. proving that G.INP helps on my line.

Though if you do buy an unlocked version it "Should have the latest FW already installed"

It may help in your issue.

A reminder Dynamic Line Management takes up to 9 days of monitoring your line with low error rates to then lift the interleaving it has applied, so it wont be a quick fix.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 12:44 PM, Zennon said:

I run the unlocked version of the HG612 (there is actually no need to have an unlocked version as the stats that are then available are wrong.

I was running a version of the FW that was no G.INP compatible which forced me on to interleaving.

I went straight to thinkbroadband site the day this happened for a thread on the issue and a link to the new FW and that fixed it. proving that G.INP helps on my line.

Though if you do buy an unlocked version it "Should have the latest FW already installed"

A reminder Dynamic Line Management takes up to 9 days of monitoring your line with low error rates to then lift the interleaving it has applied, so it wont be a quick fix.

So I spoke with talk talk and they said that it is not possible for interleaving to be alleviated. And that fast path would make no difference to in game ping and the feeing of 0.5 seconds behind.

1 hour ago, Sable said:

So I spoke with talk talk and they said that it is not possible for interleaving to be alleviated. And that fast path would make no difference to in game ping and the feeing of 0.5 seconds behind.

They have no power to change to fast path their side.

It can be fixed your side if you have a G.INP enabled cabinet and are using non G.INP compatible gear which will force interleaving.

And to say that fast path would make no difference to in game ping is false.

You are speaking to one person with their limited knowledge of the protocols their network uses.

I have gamed on interleaving and with ping compensation in all games it was fine.

Do not put all your eggs in the fast path basket but if I had the choice of the two by running the correct FW on my modem then I choose to have fast path.

If you have other issues on your line like EMI, REIN noise or water in a joint ETC then even with G.INP you can be forced onto interleaving.

29 minutes ago, Zennon said:

They have no power to change to fast path their side.

It can be fixed your side if you have a G.INP enabled cabinet and are using non G.INP compatible gear which will force interleaving.

And to say that fast path would make no difference to in game ping is false.

You are speaking to one person with their limited knowledge of the protocols their network uses.

I have gamed on interleaving and with ping compensation in all games it was fine.

Do not put all your eggs in the fast path basket but if I had the choice of the two by running the correct FW on my modem then I choose to have fast path.

If you have other issues on your line like EMI, REIN noise or water in a joint ETC then even with G.INP you can be forced onto interleaving.

Yea there is absolutely no problems with my line. I went with my instincts and bought the modem you recommended, will be giving it a test when it comes and see if it can get me on fast path.

They said my line was fine and was on standard interleave.

anyway all I can do is try it out.

34 minutes ago, Sable said:

Yea there is absolutely no problems with my line. I went with my instincts and bought the modem you recommended, will be giving it a test when it comes and see if it can get me on fast path.

They said my line was fine and was on standard interleave.

anyway all I can do is try it out.

Good luck with it and remember that it can take up to 9 days for DLM to make a change 👍

On 3/25/2020 at 2:17 PM, Zennon said:

Good luck with it and remember that it can take up to 9 days for DLM to make a change 👍

This modem has already made a big difference to my connection, it’s like night and day.

no longer have that feeling that I am 0.5 seconds behind, I also purchased a ASUS RT-AXU88.

so far seems good, can only get better.

On 3/12/2020 at 12:44 PM, Zennon said:

Unless you're me who's been stuck on interleaving for 5 months with very low error count :D

On 3/25/2020 at 11:52 AM, Sable said:

Never seems to make any difference to my connection to CoD. Been on interleaving for the most of 3 years now.

Interleaving or Fast Path, game plays just as bi polar.

21 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Never seems to make any difference to my connection to CoD. Been on interleaving for the most of 3 years now.

Interleaving or Fast Path, game plays just as bi polar.

I dunno man I’ve been on interleaved for years I’m pretty sure of it so I don’t know what it’s like to be in fast path.

but right now modem and router change has made a lot of difference.

16 minutes ago, Sable said:

I dunno man I’ve been on interleaved for years I’m pretty sure of it so I don’t know what it’s like to be in fast path.

but right now modem and router change has made a lot of difference.

For me, the only difference on FP is my base ping is 7ms lower. CoD still plays the same.

Anyways, I've been looking at the Asus RT AC88U and AX88U myself. Let me know how yours is working out for ya as my R1 seems to be on its last legs and will need replacing in the near future.

11 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

For me, the only difference on FP is my base ping is 7ms lower. CoD still plays the same.

Anyways, I've been looking at the Asus RT AC88U and AX88U myself. Let me know how yours is working out for ya as my R1 seems to be on its last legs and will need replacing in the near future.

Will do mate 👍