be your own cod aw host

Spediegunz

do you re-enable the Geo filter before the game starts as it's counting down? or once the game started, or not at all?? be much appreciated if you could clarify thank

I do not re-enable Geofilter after I have host, and the game has started. But you will need to go through the routine again, if it does not keep you as host for the next game. My experience so far is that it keeps you as host if you stay in the lobby. Also what i noted was that the Ping meter does not read as a Zero ping when you have host. For me it reads about 60ms. i know for sure that I have host, because when I leave the game mid game, it immediately says "looking for new host" before I can get out the lobby.

This method works sometimes if you keep the Geo filter on 0ms and strict mode. If you get a few people in your lobby, and they are there for a bit, if you take off strict mode while you have a few people in the lobby, it suddenly populates the lobby and makes you the host.

I think limagreen said it better then I could but yep the only thing I would add is that I only discovered this because I hated playing on dedis so much that I moved my home range away from them and set the ping assist to zero because when ping assist is on you still get put into dedicated servers. It's almost impossible to fill a lobby when doing so because it seems the way cod aw net coding works almost everyone is siphoned through a dedi. At most I get about 5 people and most of the time people get impatient and leave. One day after being sick of waiting for the lobby to populate I turned off the filter and noticed the room immediately filled and I retained host. So I don't know much of the science behind how it works but I just know how to make it work. Happy killing

before you quit  a p2p game that you didn't get host on or if it changes before the next game it's always worth checking out how the game is playing.

many times i've had american and middle east hosts and the hit detection has still been on point

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

What do mean by when you place your location out of range? Do you mean completely in the middle of the ocean or something? Or could it be based at your original location?

He means putting it into an area where there are no dedicated servers, ocean is definitely one of those places :P

Yes this method does work as people have said,really simple to do and it beats the shit out of playing on the dedi's.

But you still do get that guy with the 200 plus ping which no matter what you do screws up your lobby.And as long as you stay in the lobby and don't get booted you remain the host.And it shows you how bad the dedi's are when people want to pull host as that was the last thing you wanted to have when the game was in it's cycle.

But I have to agree,the hit detection is much better for me,even if I'm host and there are a bunch of 2 and 3 bars in the lobby,go figure.I'm still trying to make sense of exactly how that works,but it does.

this will only work in CoD games as they assign you host the moment you have your own lobby waiting for players to join in

every other game will start the host assignment when the lobby is full which is why this method wont work then

• 3 weeks later...

I think limagreen said it better then I could but yep the only thing I would add is that I only discovered this because I hated playing on dedis so much that I moved my home range away from them and set the ping assist to zero because when ping assist is on you still get put into dedicated servers. It's almost impossible to fill a lobby when doing so because it seems the way cod aw net coding works almost everyone is siphoned through a dedi. At most I get about 5 people and most of the time people get impatient and leave. One day after being sick of waiting for the lobby to populate I turned off the filter and noticed the room immediately filled and I retained host. So I don't know much of the science behind how it works but I just know how to make it work. Happy killing

Thinking of buying Netduma just for black ops 3.

got few questions.

1. Black ops 3 is also using dedicated servers now as well as p2p, so if i want to pull host, i just have to turn on geo filtering while searching and then turn off when i get into a lobby while waiting for other players?, but while watching reviews on youtube, if you turn on geo filtering and then turn off it has a 5 minutes delay for it to take effect?

2. I live in South east asia and the dedicated servers are hosted in Japan, so is there a option to avoid all servers from japan or players from japan?

if you could answer this two questions, it would help me decide if i should buy netduma or not.

• Administrators

Thinking of buying Netduma just for black ops 3.

got few questions.

1. Black ops 3 is also using dedicated servers now as well as p2p, so if i want to pull host, i just have to turn on geo filtering while searching and then turn off when i get into a lobby while waiting for other players?, but while watching reviews on youtube, if you turn on geo filtering and then turn off it has a 5 minutes delay for it to take effect?

2. I live in South east asia and the dedicated servers are hosted in Japan, so is there a option to avoid all servers from japan or players from japan?

if you could answer this two questions, it would help me decide if i should buy netduma or not.

Hi shariq,

There is no guaranteed way to pull host, some methods above may work for some people though. It is around 2 minutes and that is our anti-cheat feature, so you can't just boot people etc. 

If you place your home location and radius excluding Japan then you shouldn't get on that server, however by excluding this I'm not sure if you would get P2P or some other dedicated server, I think the closest to you would be Australia which you could try to get. 

Archived