Unable to connect Netduma

I am literally crying. First I got wrong power plug and today I bought an adapter. Great! My Netduma now powers up so I got it fixed.

Now I have completed all the steps but I am unable to do Step 6. My laptop does not accept the password that is back on the Netduma. I've 8 times tried. My laptop says you cannot perform internet connection to this SSID. WHY THE HELL NOT. I could be playing IW but no I have to mess with this. Sigh. Is there something I do wrong?

This is my setup. I am now going to plug everything out and wait for help because I want to play. 

http://imgur.com/a/MpVjGI am unable to plug netduma power cable to wall because with adapter it's too big. I can put it elsewhere, but then the ethernet cable is not long enough and it is simply not convenient.

Thanks hope to get some help again :(

Edit: I reseted Netduma and now my laptop is connected to it. However, I am unable to connect my PS4, my brothers PS4 and our Digibox. PS4 connection test: Obtain IP Address: Successfull, internet connection: failed.

Edit 2: I am having a progress. Our PS4 will just keep saying Nat Type Failed. How to fix this? However on IW menus it says I have Moderate. How can I get open nat? When I get into a lobby, (my geo filter has been set to 3000km), it will bump me out of the lobby within 5 seconds of joining. Why?

• Netduma Staff

Try following this guide for your NAT issue: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022359-how-do-i-open-my-nat-

Are the PS4's wired in? Let us know what happens when you've followed that guide.

Try following this guide for your NAT issue: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022359-how-do-i-open-my-nat-

Are the PS4's wired in? Let us know what happens when you've followed that guide.

Yes, both me and my brother's PS4 are wired. To be honest, it doesn't matter if he has moderate or not. I need open cos im a big brother and I bought netduma :P

Relating to your link, I did "Firstly go to “Settings > Miscellaneous” and tick “Enable upnp Forwarding”. Then, disable your Geo-Filter and restart your console. Finally, redo the NAT test."

s So same as before, I have Type 2 nat type according to PSN test. However Infinite Warfare menus says I have moderate. Should I proceed following the next part of the guide you provided or what do you suggest?

EDIT: This is how my geofilter looks like: http://prntscr.com/d30dkv

My PS4 is red, my brother's green. If it is that way, when I join in a lobby on IW I will disconnect automatically after 5 seconds with no explanation.

However if I set my brothers PS4 as Xbox Live, he won't find any opponents in IW. How can I fix this? Doing that, I can play. 

• Netduma Staff

It's good that PSN is showing a type 2 NAT; that means it's open for PSN. Try moving on to the next part of the guide; try everything on there. You might need to manually port forward in the end. Can you connect to games with the Geofilter disabled? Try turning off your console, waiting for a few minutes for the Geofilter to be empty, disabling the Geofilter, and then going into the game. Turn the Geofilter back on when you're in the game - do you still get moderate NAT?

Try using the port forwarding part of the guide to forward port 3074; that might also work, since some other people on the forum have had success there.

Yes, both me and my brother's PS4 are wired. To be honest, it doesn't matter if he has moderate or not. I need open cos im a big brother and I bought netduma :P

Relating to your link, I did "Firstly go to “Settings > Miscellaneous” and tick “Enable upnp Forwarding”. Then, disable your Geo-Filter and restart your console. Finally, redo the NAT test."

s So same as before, I have Type 2 nat type according to PSN test. However Infinite Warfare menus says I have moderate. Should I proceed following the next part of the guide you provided or what do you suggest?

EDIT: This is how my geofilter looks like: http://prntscr.com/d30dkv

My PS4 is red, my brother's green. If it is that way, when I join in a lobby on IW I will disconnect automatically after 5 seconds with no explanation.

However if I set my brothers PS4 as Xbox Live, he won't find any opponents in IW. How can I fix this? Doing that, I can play. 

Infinite Warfare states moderate but its false (take no notice)

There are posts on here showing how to connect two consoles on the same router, I tried to find a link for you but failed as my kids just got back & a war erupted (same old).

It's good that PSN is showing a type 2 NAT; that means it's open for PSN. Try moving on to the next part of the guide; try everything on there. You might need to manually port forward in the end. Can you connect to games with the Geofilter disabled? Try turning off your console, waiting for a few minutes for the Geofilter to be empty, disabling the Geofilter, and then going into the game. Turn the Geofilter back on when you're in the game - do you still get moderate NAT?

Try using the port forwarding part of the guide to forward port 3074; that might also work, since some other people on the forum have had success there.

I haven't had time to follow the guide yet, but I am facing other issues. For example if I join my brother on IW, he will find a game but after few seconds it throws me or him out. When I was the host on my PS4, it works very well. So far, based on one game.

Also Netduma doesn't show me the location of other players and the ping counter lies. This doesn'y hrlp me at all: http://prntscr.com/d3bp3a

IW doesn't have ping counter, but BO3 has. I played some BO3 and bo3 showed my ping as high as before while Netduma said I have 30-40 ping. Pretty dissapointed I can't trust what Netduma says. If I can't see the location of where the enemy plaers are, what the hell I do with geo filter? I want to be sure they are close to me.

The fact I can't remove from host filtering my bro's PS4 sucks. He doesn't need any of these Netduma features.

Also our digibox doesn't work. We can use our digibox to purchase rentable movies, but they won't start playing due to whatever error. Why? Is Netduma missing a feature. Our digibox is now back connected to our old modem, not to netduma, because netduma won't allow to play rentable digital movies.

How do I set up connect priorisation correctly? Even if I have now 75% download of our 20mb internet prioritized to me, I still get lag when my brother watches Netflix. Why?

Edit 1: It looks like my router doesn't have any setting to do DMZ mode (refering to your how do I open my nat -guide). The only close one I can see is Bridged mode. Is it essentially the same thing?

• Administrators

I haven't had time to follow the guide yet, but I am facing other issues. For example if I join my brother on IW, he will find a game but after few seconds it throws me or him out. When I was the host on my PS4, it works very well. So far, based on one game.

Also Netduma doesn't show me the location of other players and the ping counter lies. This doesn'y hrlp me at all: http://prntscr.com/d3bp3a

IW doesn't have ping counter, but BO3 has. I played some BO3 and bo3 showed my ping as high as before while Netduma said I have 30-40 ping. Pretty dissapointed I can't trust what Netduma says. If I can't see the location of where the enemy plaers are, what the hell I do with geo filter? I want to be sure they are close to me.

The fact I can't remove from host filtering my bro's PS4 sucks. He doesn't need any of these Netduma features.

Also our digibox doesn't work. We can use our digibox to purchase rentable movies, but they won't start playing due to whatever error. Why? Is Netduma missing a feature. Our digibox is now back connected to our old modem, not to netduma, because netduma won't allow to play rentable digital movies.

How do I set up connect priorisation correctly? Even if I have now 75% download of our 20mb internet prioritized to me, I still get lag when my brother watches Netflix. Why?

Edit 1: It looks like my router doesn't have any setting to do DMZ mode (refering to your how do I open my nat -guide). The only close one I can see is Bridged mode. Is it essentially the same thing?

Only the party leader should be the one Geo-filtering. Other wise you can get booted.

As you are connecting to dedicated servers you will not always be able to see the players. The dedicated server is in your radius as indicated by the big circle. 

We cannot be sure how they calculate the ping though we suspect they add processing delay. Given how we tested their packet loss graph and it always stayed at 0 I wouldn't read too much into it. The R1 pings the server you are connected to. 

Just disable his PS4 on the Geo-filter.

If your Digibox was supplied by your ISP then it is not uncommon that they require it to be connected to their modem/router.

Reset device prio, share excess on. 70/70 anti-flood.

Yes bridge mode should be fine instead.

Only the party leader should be the one Geo-filtering. Other wise you can get booted.

As you are connecting to dedicated servers you will not always be able to see the players. The dedicated server is in your radius as indicated by the big circle. 

We cannot be sure how they calculate the ping though we suspect they add processing delay. Given how we tested their packet loss graph and it always stayed at 0 I wouldn't read too much into it. The R1 pings the server you are connected to. 

Just disable his PS4 on the Geo-filter.

If your Digibox was supplied by your ISP then it is not uncommon that they require it to be connected to their modem/router.

Reset device prio, share excess on. 70/70 anti-flood.

Yes bridge mode should be fine instead.

Thank you for helping me out and for giving explanations.

I plugged Netduma for about 2 hours off. It has now lost all my settings, why? I did not click reset, only remove power plug from the socket. Now I have to re-locate myself and make the same adjustments again.

So it is okay if digibox is connected to our modem then? Both are supplied by our ISP.

Following the nat type guide, I am facing issues. This is a picture of my modems interface where you can set it to bridged mode: http://prntscr.com/d45lq2

However, I don't know where I am supposed to enter the WAN IP address Netduma states.

Do you have any tips for that?

Do you have any idea why I can't find any games with geo-filter enabled on Infinite Warfare? If I find, it has searched maybe minutes already. I started having problems around 12,5 hours ago.

Thank you for helping me out and for giving explanations.

I plugged Netduma for about 2 hours off. It has now lost all my settings, why? I did not click reset, only remove power plug from the socket. Now I have to re-locate myself and make the same adjustments again.

So it is okay if digibox is connected to our modem then? Both are supplied by our ISP.

Following the nat type guide, I am facing issues. This is a picture of my modems interface where you can set it to bridged mode: http://prntscr.com/d45lq2

However, I don't know where I am supposed to enter the WAN IP address Netduma states.

Do you have any tips for that?

Do you have any idea why I can't find any games with geo-filter enabled on Infinite Warfare? If I find, it has searched maybe minutes already. I started having problems around 12,5 hours ago.

Suggestion for saving settings. If you ever want to save your settings reboot the router from miscellaneous/settings after you make your changes. If you do not reboot it this way and the router is unplugged/or power lost in any way from the rear all settings that you have made since the last reboot from miscellaneous/settings will be lost.

So to make a long story short every time I make changes to my settings I go in and reboot it to save them :)

• Administrators

Buck has answered your saving question. 

Digibox should be fine to connect to the modem, it shouldn't use too much bandwidth. 

Click the bridged IP option in connection protocol, what settings are then shown?

You shouldn't be having any trouble finding games on IW. What are your settings? Recommend ~1000km radius, strict on, ping assist 0. If that doesn't help can you provide a screenshot please.

Buck has answered your saving question. 

Digibox should be fine to connect to the modem, it shouldn't use too much bandwidth. 

Click the bridged IP option in connection protocol, what settings are then shown?

You shouldn't be having any trouble finding games on IW. What are your settings? Recommend ~1000km radius, strict on, ping assist 0. If that doesn't help can you provide a screenshot please.

Now all of a suden I seem to have open nat, I didn't do anything. It has now been for a solid day now. Only enabled upnp forwarding as you said. The one thing I did though is I played some MWR and after that I had open.

Okay, thanks.

When I click bridged ip options, nothing happens. I am just supposed to press OK then. I've done it once in the past and then modem gets some red lights and shit, dunno really.

I'm having issues finding games sometimes, because I have no idea what are the optimal settings and why my bro ps4 shows as an unnamed device. and funnily enough having issues with lag. I really don't fucking get this shit. I have almost smashed my controller into half because I'm getting so much bullshit lag deaths and I am supposed to have a router, that helps me find better lobbies but I meet more bullshit with Netduma than I did without it.

Congestion controller is'nt also helping at all, I get lag the the fuck out no matter how I set it. What are even the optimal settings!? I have download cap 70% and upload 70%. This only makes our internet shit, I watched some stream on my PC and it only buffered mostly. I have set 60% download to my PS4, 25% download to my bro ps4 and rest for my laptop. You should mention that if you have shit internet connection aka 20/1 you shouldn't expect Netduma to make it any better.

I have ping assist 0, I get bullshit games when my KM radius is as you said, 1000km, strict on. I'm having better results when I set the radius about 2350km (from my location Finland having 2350km it covers most of Europe + UK, but not Spain) and 50 ping assist. Username checks out in my case -_- It looks like I don't get ANY dedicated servers when I'm using geo filter? I played 31 days BO3 without Netduma and I was always connected to a dedicated server.

• Administrators

Now all of a suden I seem to have open nat, I didn't do anything. It has now been for a solid day now. Only enabled upnp forwarding as you said. The one thing I did though is I played some MWR and after that I had open.

Okay, thanks.

When I click bridged ip options, nothing happens. I am just supposed to press OK then. I've done it once in the past and then modem gets some red lights and shit, dunno really.

I'm having issues finding games sometimes, because I have no idea what are the optimal settings and why my bro ps4 shows as an unnamed device. and funnily enough having issues with lag. I really don't fucking get this shit. I have almost smashed my controller into half because I'm getting so much bullshit lag deaths and I am supposed to have a router, that helps me find better lobbies but I meet more bullshit with Netduma than I did without it.

Congestion controller is'nt also helping at all, I get lag the the fuck out no matter how I set it. What are even the optimal settings!? I have download cap 70% and upload 70%. This only makes our internet shit, I watched some stream on my PC and it only buffered mostly. I have set 60% download to my PS4, 25% download to my bro ps4 and rest for my laptop. You should mention that if you have shit internet connection aka 20/1 you shouldn't expect Netduma to make it any better.

I have ping assist 0, I get bullshit games when my KM radius is as you said, 1000km, strict on. I'm having better results when I set the radius about 2350km (from my location Finland having 2350km it covers most of Europe + UK, but not Spain) and 50 ping assist. Username checks out in my case -_- It looks like I don't get ANY dedicated servers when I'm using geo filter? I played 31 days BO3 without Netduma and I was always connected to a dedicated server.

Okay that's great you have an open NAT now. 

What is the model of your modem I will take a look at how to best set it up.

Just go to device manager, click edit and rename his device. 

ALL devices need to be connected to the R1 in order for congestion control to work correctly. Recommend 70/70 anti-flood, reset device prio and share excess on. Console(s) in hyper traffic. It should work absolutely fine for 20/1. When I originally had the router those were the exact speeds I had. 

From one of your pictures above you had PA & strict off. PA 0 & strict on and then depending on where the closest server is to you a radius that covers that. The game first chooses a P2P host for the lobby then it will change to a dedicated server.

Okay that's great you have an open NAT now. 

What is the model of your modem I will take a look at how to best set it up.

Just go to device manager, click edit and rename his device. 

ALL devices need to be connected to the R1 in order for congestion control to work correctly. Recommend 70/70 anti-flood, reset device prio and share excess on. Console(s) in hyper traffic. It should work absolutely fine for 20/1. When I originally had the router those were the exact speeds I had. 

From one of your pictures above you had PA & strict off. PA 0 & strict on and then depending on where the closest server is to you a radius that covers that. The game first chooses a P2P host for the lobby then it will change to a dedicated server.

Yes, it indeed is but I wonder how long it will last. I've had with my old modem open nat multiple times before, but sometimes it stays moderate for a while and then open for a while. But as of right now, It's still open.

Wow! Thank you. My modem is Bewan A2100N. I think it has our ISP:s own settings pre-installed and stuff so it might differ? I don't know, you're the expert here :D But I felt like I should mention it.

Yeah, I re-named it. But when I connected my brothers ps4 first time to Netduma, it automatically detected it as PS4, but now only unnamed device when I had to re-configure my settings because I unplugged power. That's why I asked.

All devices are connected to Netduma R1, expect our mobile phones and tablets because we live in Finland - the home of the unlimited data which are 24/7 on 4G connection. And also, you said it doesn't matter if our Digibox isn't connected to Netduma. It is basically the only thing that is not connected to Netduma at this point. (for re-cap: If its connected to netduma, you cannot watch rentable movies)

I have 70/70 Download and Upload cap = antiflood, right? By the way, I have entered the speed of our internet to device manager as 18 mb. When I do speedtest, it never gives 20mb. PS4 the max I get is around 15,7. Should I anyways enter there 20/1? That is the speed we are paying for and we cannot get faster in this house. But the speed we get, is more like 15/1. 

And what in earth is "reset device prio"? I have never seen anything that says so in Netduma settings. Share excess is ON. Console(s) in hyper traffic, whaaat? I had no clue they should be. I have now my PS4 set as hyper traffic. Should I add my brothers PS4 in the list? Maybe that is the reason I have lagged, we have yet to see.

How should you share the download speed? This is a picture how it is now: http://prntscr.com/d55h4jMy PS4 is the one that has 54%. How much do I need for download? Will my brother suffer from lag if I have set 80% download for me, 10% for my laptop and 10% for him?

Aha, okay, gotcha. So now I have 1000km radius, 0 ping assist and strict mode. Is it normal that I am experiencing extended matchmaking times? Does it matter if I set the radius to 2500km but keep ping assist 0 and strict mode enabled?

Edit: If I have km-radius as 1000km and I try to play anything else than TDM or DOM, I can't find matches. When I have about 1700km, I seem to find lobbies. Normal ornot?

Does it matter what gaming profile I use? Should I use CoD, CoD Super Fast Search or General Gaming? I now loaded up CoD Super Fast Search.

At this point, I really much like to thank you (others who have responded this thread) for helping me out this far. I hope you still will help me out! :)

Edit 2: Has Netduma done somethign to my connection? :( Even without Geo Filter enabled, I am having very difficult time geting into lobbies that are other than TDM or DOM.

Archived