Sky fibre losing download speed

Hi I'm losing 9meg download on my netduma. If I run a speed test on my netduma I get 23mb download 4.7mb upload.

If I run the same test on my sky fibre I get 32mb download and 5.4mb upload.

I've configured the dmz on my sky router and have open Nat type on the xbox.

I play bo3 and it plays better not using the net duma !!!. I've set my xbox in hyper traffic and the upload/download cap is at 100% (I've also tried this at 70 with no change).

Also if I change the geo filter distance I see it works but if I change the ping assist this doesn't have any effect.

Can anyone help or give a bit of advice.

The distance from sky router to netduma is about 6 inch and I've tried replacing the ethernet cable.

Hi I'm losing 9meg download on my netduma. If I run a speed test on my netduma I get 23mb download 4.7mb upload.

I play bo3 and it plays better not using the net duma !!!. I've set my xbox in hyper traffic and the upload/download cap is at 100% (I've also tried this at 70 with no change).

Also if I change the geo filter distance I see it works but if I change the ping assist this doesn't have any effect.

For max speeds...

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

The Anti flood (70/70) is to stop local congestion - basically if someone in your house jumps on Netflix/Youtube etc, it will help to control the spiking of your ping. It does not have any control of things outside of your house though. For example: your neighbours creating a busy network in your neighbourhood at the 6pm rush or your opponents having a cack connection.

Geo Filter and Ping Assist work to stop you from connecting to a host that is outside of the parameters you set. They cannot control who else is able to join your lobby. What makes you think it is not working?

If you want to use only the Geo Filter (for location-based host filtering) you'll need to set the PA value to zero.

If you want to use only the Ping Assist (for ping-based host filtering) then you'll need to put your Geo Filter in the ocean and set your PA value to your 'base ping + 20ms'.

If you have both the Geo set on your home and the Ping Assist value set to your 'base ping + 20ms' then you will be able to find hosts that are either within the circle or below the PA value (obviously they can be both too).

HI

If I set the distance on the geo filter down to 10 miles I can't connect to a game.

If I set the distance to 1000miles at set ping to host to 5ms I still get into a game and on the black ops ping to host it shows 50 ms.

Thanks for the reply. I've set my duma as you said thanks

Hi

If I set the distance to host in the geo fitre down to 10 miles I don't get a game proving that works.

If I set ping to host down to 5ms and distance to host 1000miles I still get a game and bo3 says ping to host 50ms.

I've disabled the settings as you said thanks

Hi

If I set the distance to host in the geo fitre down to 10 miles I don't get a game proving that works.

If I set ping to host down to 5ms and distance to host 1000miles I still get a game and bo3 says ping to host 50ms.

I've disabled the settings as you said thanks

If you have your CC set to 70% that would explain you speed loss, try setting it to 100% then do a speed test. Here is a guide for Netduma and Sky Fibre and here is my Profile, im on the south coast so you might want to expand the GF and enter your speeds although there very much like mine :).

The ping assist is for outside the geo you can have any ms game inside the geo

If you want to search by ping only use the cod ultimate profile, but do not set it to 5ms as that is far to low, i would say 15-20ms higher than your base ping.

• Administrators

If you set the Geo-filter that low I am not surprised you're not getting a game as you are severely restricting the search. 

Follow Colonic's settings for speed, though you can use preemptive algorithm.

As above ping assist only applies to outside your radius, use CoD Ultimate if you want to use it exclusively.

Otherwise recommend ~650 mile radius, strict on, PA 0. Move your home around if you don't get good games in your radius.

Archived