setup help

i just bought the r1 on it comes in on tuesday. i want to use the r1 for my ps4 but i want my asus rt-ac3100 to be for wifi. how do i set this up correctly. do both routers connect to my ips modem/router. cause i do wanna qos on the duma to control how bandwith the asus will get

Hi, welcome to the forum and happy new purchase :)

ISP modem/router > Netduma all wired connections WiFi off > Asus rt-ac3100 in acess point mode WiFi on , only WiFI devices connected.

So you use all the functionality of the Netduma with the AC WiFi of the Asus.

have all your wired devices running through the netduma and disable wifi on netduma. Have wifi enabled on asus and only wifi devices running through the asus!

Make sure the asus is set to A.P mode (access point) connected to 1 of the dumas ethernet ports

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As Zennon said that it the best setup to ensure you make the most of your WiFi and the dumas features.

I plug all my wired connections into my 2nd router which is also my wifi router. I do this so my CC flower doesn't have a bunch of different points, only 2. My Belkin and my PS4. Am I doing this wrong?

If that router is behind the R1 then that is fine :)

I plug all my wired connections into my 2nd router which is also my wifi router. I do this so my CC flower doesn't have a bunch of different points, only 2. My Belkin and my PS4. Am I doing this wrong?

Really makes no difference functionality wise how many points your flower has,if you don't have everything running thru the duma you won't be able to use all of the features that make it great.

As Z said for best of both worlds set up should be as he played out.The way I had it set up before I got a dedicated gaming line was...ISP modem > duma with wifi on (and everything running thru it) > then my second router (netgear)  in AP mode with 2.4 wifi disabled so it doesn't conflict with the 2.4 on the duma and 5g enabled.

Best of both worlds,you get all the duma's features and the 5g speeds to run the rest of your house on.

Archived