Hard to find games on Black Ops 3 PS4 all of a sudden!

Cajun72

Hi Guys

For 8 months or so I have no issues either finding lobbies in BLOPS3 or with the connection in game itself. Normally it connects me to the dedi in the south of the UK, games plays ok so happy days.

The last couple of days though I am finding it's taking ages to find a game, with only 3 or 4 people joining the lobby which isn't enough to find a game. I've tried this with TDM & Kill Confirmed with same results. Also by the time I did find a game or two they were a bit unstable :wacko:  

Does anyone have any ideas why this maybe as it's only become noticeable the last couple of days or so. Before this not a problem finding games.

By the way my settings are - GF over the UK only, PA=0, strict mode ON, Preemptive Algo, sliders 70 70.

Any advice would be appreciated  :)

I played last night longer than usual and also noticed the that games were only half full tdm kc and free for all was really slow when match making on the uk dedi will try A7's idea if this happens again.

Last night I tried disabling/re-enabling the cloud but it was still hard to find games. 

I then tried increasing the GF slightly over to France/Belgium/Holland and it was fine after that even though it was connecting me to the south dedi server  :)

I wonder whether the new DLC/Updates etc. on black ops 3 is splitting up the player count so there is less in the match-making as previously. ;)  

Thanks both for your help  :)

It might not be of any help,but sometimes I notice that all the dedi's just disappear and I'm left with nothing but P2P options which can take forever to get a game.And this seems to happen for no particular reason.Like I said it may not be of any help to your situation but I've noticed it on PS4.

The game will tell you the percentage of people playing the various types of games.   This weekend was X2 xp for Fracture; therefore, there was a large number of players on the Fracture game mode.   As part of each COD series, the player count goes down the longer that it is played.  Also, DLC 3 was launched.  BO3 tries to match you with players with the exact same map packs.  As more DLC maps are launched, the more possible combination of player matches.  Therefore, less players per combination.  I believe that the NOT DLC player base is the highest base followed by players with ALL DLC maps.

Playing Domination, I have definitely noticed that the number of players is less than in the beginning.  We seem to have much better match making when we have a friend playing that does not have any DLC maps.  

Archived