Latest Router Version

The_Waffler

The R1 I just received today is at version 1.03.6h

When I click the tab to see if there is a newer version, it says the newest version is 1.03.6g

Now before I hit update which is the correct current version? Reason I ask is that normally companies would go in an alphabetic order so 6h and not 6g would be the newest version

Yep that's the page it sends me to. Don't versions usually go in alphabetic order when using letters though? So if mine is 6h a newer version would normally be 6i right?

It would, if there was a 1.03.6i though. Not even sure how you have the H revision, can you take a picture?

Yeah. I wouldn't downgrade at all, the version the R1 is shipped with should be the latest :)

Yeah. I wouldn't downgrade at all, the version the R1 is shipped with should be the latest :)

Ill reply to yours as well since I see you're online. I went ahead and made it version g since that was what seemed to be the popular consensus at the time. Can I get it back to H?

• Netduma Staff

Ill reply to yours as well since I see you're online. I went ahead and made it version g since that was what seemed to be the popular consensus at the time. Can I get it back to H?

I think the only difference between the two was the EULA. Don't worry about being on H - everyone who bought their router before .6 was released is also on version G :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah there is no difference other than the EULA so no worries. In future though don't downgrade as a rule of thumb. 

i think the lesson to be learned here is that someone didn't update the file on the cloud to say hey 'h' is newer than 'g'...i'm guessing it calls to a json function which returns the lastest version number and if they don't match it says UPDATE!...

This is a bug it should pull the latest (PARSE the latest) then do PARSE(current_version) < PARSE(latest_version) echo UPDATE!

• Administrators

It just tells you what version you're on and gives you a link to the wiki to see if theres a new upgrade. I've since updated the wiki page to mention they don't need to 'upgrade' to g if they're on h.

Archived