Overwatch

I had to disable the geofilter last night to get into a game.  Overall it runs really smooth. I played the beta b4 I had the Duma and it played beautifully. I played some games last night and they were pretty decent. I noticed some lag while my wife was watching something but that is because my FIOS has been screwed up for months. Overwatch otherwise seems really good. 

With Black Ops3 I really notice having the NetDuma. With Overwatch not so much. That may change with more players jumping on in the next few days. I would def. like to see who I am connecting to though on the geo filter. 

Dedi farm in the Netherlands for us boom and very sweet it is too.

Are you able to connect to game with Geo Filter on?

I keep trying with it enabled. It finds a game, tries to join the server, but then kicks me out saying: "Failed to connect to Server." 

It keeps trying to put me in this server: ID: 09056732a2a8252a    Distance: 5888km

How's the progress on testing the exact servers that we are connected to in Overwatch?
Right now, I am kind of confused with the choice of location in the game and I'm not sure whether the router is accurate or not.
2 locations surface whenever I am in a game. The Singapore server and a server in Europe. Not sure if it is accurate.

I have geo filter on (around UK with PA at 50) and I get into games real quick with seemingly no lag.

Presuming each game is run on a dedicated server with no P2P. I'm on PS4 btw in England.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I've got a bunch of ID's, it looks at the moment like it will be possible to support it

I don't understand why but I keep being pushed to a server on the other side of the pond. I am an East Coast US player and Quick Play always sends me to ID: 0c05521da2ab252a    Distance: 5959km.

It's rather frustrating and makes for a less than ideal gaming experience. 

If I try to actually use the geofilter it begins to join game then kicks me before the selection screen. Then I get an error: connection to server failed (or something like that).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for those ports, I'll double check after opening any ports I've missed and will do a cloud this week.

I just played a game and was immediately placed in a server 15,000 KM away per the Netduma! Ping was well over 235ms. 

• 2 weeks later...

We've got someone testing it at the moment and they were finding it works. I'll double check to confirm but use PA 0. Strict on and that shouldn't happen.

It still will not work. There do not appear to be any servers close to me. Only on the far west coast and in Europe. I know I've played Overwatch on an East coast server before but it never shows up anymore. 

Archived