Reason for Inconsistent Games???

I recently purchased the Netduma. What I've noticed is that games are super inconsistent in BLOPS3. I know there are numerous factors involved, but I am a bit surprised. One right after the other. The first game was great and felt like what I would expect with the Netduma. I went 27-8. The next game was the complete opposite. Nothing changed on my end. I went 12-11. It was so hard to kill people and I encounter so many instant deaths. 

At the end of the day is it all just to blame on the matchmaking???

post-8542-0-94193900-1462973109_thumb.png

post-8542-0-41298500-1462973110_thumb.png

I have exactly the same issues on Nuketown. people vote for it so you get to play it back to back with the same players mostly and its like one game you will get your ass kicked the very next game your doing the kicking.

I don't think it has anything to do with matchmaking or the router. It's just that map I think. It wasn't made with the recent movement in mind and as such is a bit of a lottery every time you play it.

Just my thoughts on it by the way. no proof. :)

I recently purchased the Netduma. What I've noticed is that games are super inconsistent in BLOPS3. I know there are numerous factors involved, but I am a bit surprised. One right after the other. The first game was great and felt like what I would expect with the Netduma. I went 27-8. The next game was the complete opposite. Nothing changed on my end. I went 12-11. It was so hard to kill people and I encounter so many instant deaths. 

At the end of the day is it all just to blame on the matchmaking???

Same issue it changes from match to match, 99% of the time I play S&D in BO3 PS4 and some matches are 15-0 and sometimes 0-15. weird.

The big change i see is that the teams you faced in the pictures were completely different opponents.  That changes a lot of variables such as if one of them has crap internet bogging the thing down; or even just a simple issue of possibly getting outplayed by new opponents that round or being in the wrong time wrong place.

Yes, several of us have reported very similar findings since early on with the release.  If you stay in the same lobby, depending on your performance, it seems to swing wildly in the other direction the next game.  If you did poorly, you somehow play "better" the next match.  If you did the raping, it's your turn in the barrel.

Some of the guys here play DOM religiously, and are pretty good.  Those folks have reported games where one half they were absolutely creaming the other team, only to enter the second half and not be able to hit sand if they fell of a camel and subsequently lose the game.

Try changing lobbies after you do well and see what happens.  If you have a 12-11 performance, stick around and see if the next game doesn't change in your favor.  It will be a fun little test to help confirm your suspicions.

Yup. It feels really weird sometimes. I'm not seeing any kind of conspiracy in this behaviour.

Instead, maybe because at the end of the round many players on the losing side of the teams leave.

And maybe then when new players come in to fill the teams it's possible that a player with a high ping

is causing the trouble? Just my assumption. But maybe...

Yup. It feels really weird sometimes. I'm not seeing any kind of conspiracy in this behaviour.

Instead, maybe because at the end of the round many players on the losing side of the teams leave.

And maybe then when new players come in to fill the teams it's possible that a player with a high ping

is causing the trouble? Just my assumption. But maybe...

We had a pretty good discussion about it early on in the games' release.  I can't remember if it was out in the open, or in the Coal Mine where the #Canaries do testing and try to work out settings and "knowns" for when the casuals stop by and create a quick thread.

Originally I think it was Zennon (and really who else would it be) hit us with the idea that the team player balance shifts if you stay in the same lobby, and that may be based on the previous results, or it may even balance in terms of in game ping to that box.  We just don't know.

Several of us tried playing games, then staying in the lobby, win/lose to try and test - results were mixed, but favored the "have a good game, stay in that lobby, and find the next game much less epic" camp.

YMMV,

JD

I swear auto-aim drops out halfway through games or ramps up to super-awesome auto-aim if you're getting beasted.

The number of games where I've gone 15-0 before someone kills me and then I can't get a kill until I'm about 15-12 is unbelievable.

*but my connection also sucks.

Hi JD,

this is exactly what I feel when I'm playing Black Ops 3.

Team balancing has been a visible issue for many CoDs in the past.

Unfortunately, we will never know for sure what's really going on and

so we can only assume in combination with our sightings and our experience.

Does anybody still have hope for the next CoD that things change?

Sincerely, Kay

It really isn't that bad in this game.  We all just have bad games at at times.  I just stayed in the same lobby for well over an hour and owned most games.  Players came and went the whole time.  Most were good, but did have a few that was a struggle - once even going slightly negative against a team of low k/d's.  But the game play never changed.  It was simple; my team did even worse and the other team was corner camping the hell out of it.  Always 2 in corners covering the other 2.  The fix was easy.  Keep a good attitude and adapt to how they were playing.  

There are definitely times when the game may play bad due to a patch that just went through... but there are so many times that we just don't want to admit that we got out played, even by a noob.  Not to take away from the original poster - he may have very well had some type of issue; but i stand firmly behind the only proven fact in those pictures - completely different teams which means completely different k/d's, score per minute and skill sets.  The biggest thing we can do is not try to figure out the big mystery of why it happened, but just have a good attitude, adapt if we have to and keep going.  

Have seen so many complaining lately about their precious high k/d dropping a tenth of a percent or needing to manipulate pings with l*gb*ster (which is weak) - this just seemed like a good time to say the problem could and probably more so lies within the player thinking they should never die or get outplayed than the game itself.   Let's man up, realize it's a game and sometimes it just doesn't go in our favor and have fun.

And for those that truelly do have internet issues - we do have a great support team here to get those sorted :) .

That's also a quality read Jeff.  No one is on here complaining when they go absolutely HAM and are worried about the guys who rage quit out of the lobby.

No question this is a fast moving game and even the noobs can, and frequently do, perform things that the "average player" isn't going to do, thus catching you off guard and shitting on your day.

That said - The game is playing much better for me after diagnosing a line/ISP issue and switching to a clean and consistent ADSL line.  I would be lying if I said it fixed all of my problems though, as there are still WTF moments.  My favorites are the ones that happen and I don't get to see a killcam, I just spawn right in.  Some of them have been self inflicted (kill a guy and then my own trip mine goes off and kills me), but not all of them.  LOL

I have a running list of them, since I noticed it happening, and it's well over 60 incidents now.

I honestly don't believe the game will be a stable product until after CoD Champs.  Previously the patches would come in fast in Feb/March to get ready.  Now they have more time, which has been good given the shear number of glitch and grenade spots that teams have been able to find with the maps.

The game is and always has been inconsistent IMO,it's the dreaded switch that gets flipped at halftime... ;)

It's just online FPS game and the variables are to many to list as to way it's that way,we just all know it is.

Archived