Ping assist

Ping Assist is for hosts OUTSIDE of your Geo Filter that ping in at LESS THAN your Ping Assist number.

If the hosts you are joining are INSIDE of your Geo Filter, everything is working as intended.

Are the hosts inside of outside of your Geo Filter when you are seeing the higher pings?

Everything Dillinger said is correct. Now if you want to search for a host based on ping only you can just decrease your Geofilter radius to the smallest value and place it in the ocean. Then set your ping assist slider at your selected value. Oh yeah and place strict mode on.

I hope you're playing COD by the way. Don't ever use this setup for Destiny. Lol.

Ping Assist is for hosts OUTSIDE of your Geo Filter that ping in at LESS THAN your Ping Assist number.

If the hosts you are joining are INSIDE of your Geo Filter, everything is working as intended.

Are the hosts inside of outside of your Geo Filter when you are seeing the higher pings?

They are on the inside. What i don't understand is why have geo filter range that you can increase or decrease to set all the host within that range and end up with high pings. When you read or see videos on how to set your Netduma they all tell you to set your location where you live but your saying to set it out in the ocean with the lowest range and desire ping. Sorry but i'm lost

Everything Dillinger said is correct. Now if you want to search for a host based on ping only you can just decrease your Geofilter radius to the smallest value and place it in the ocean. Then set your ping assist slider at your selected value. Oh yeah and place strict mode on.

I hope you're playing COD by the way. Don't ever use this setup for Destiny. Lol.

Yes, Im playing COD but still very lost on how all this works.

They are on the inside. What i don't understand is why have geo filter range that you can increase or decrease to set all the host within that range and end up with high pings. When you read or see videos on how to set your Netduma they all tell you to set your location where you live but your saying to set it out in the ocean with the lowest range and desire ping. Sorry but i'm lost

From where are you seeing the high ping? from Netduma or PS4? 

As Dillinger said...

The geofilter allows hosts within the circle regardless of their ping.

The 'ping assist' allows hosts outside of the circle if their ping falls at or below the number 'ping assist' that you select.

The geofilter circle and the ping assist are completely separate in affecting the host selection.

If you want a host within the circle you need to set PA to zero.

If you want only hosts below a certain ping threshold then you need to put the circle in the sea (so no location based hosts are allowed) AND set the ping assist value to your base ping +20ms(ish).

If you have the circle over your location and a PA value set then you will get hosts that are either within the circle OR within the ping assist threshold.

Note: If you set the circle in the ocean and the PA value too low then you won't get any games at all.

As Dillinger said...

The 'ping assist' allows hosts outside of the circle if their ping falls at or below the number 'ping assist' that you select.

The geofilter circle and the ping assist are completely separate in affecting the host selection.

If you want only hosts below a certain ping threshold then you need to put the circle in the sea (so no location based hosts are allowed) AND set the ping assist value to your base ping +20ms(ish).

If you have the circle over your location and a PA value set then you will get hosts that are either within the circle OR within the ping assist threshold.

Note: If you set the circle in the ocean and the PA value too low then you won't get any games at all.

Does each red circle indicate a host or player that's within your geo filter? And the bigger red circle indicates the dedicated server? Maybe I'm just not understanding what each symbols represents.

Does each red circle indicate a host or player that's within your geo filter? And the bigger red circle indicates the dedicated server? Maybe I'm just not understanding what each symbols represents.

The largest red circle will be your host and to tell if it's a dedi just look in the upper right hand corner of your TV or monitor and if the game version has the letter e after it your on a dedi.

And yes the other red circles are players and possible hosts.

And there is a legend on your host filtering page,just tick it and it will show you what all the symbols on the Netduma mean... :D

As Dillinger said...

Didn't know that thanks for the info my friend. Hope this tweeks helps me. (I'm from Ecuador btw)

Archived