I got my netduma today, and followed the instructions. How ever in wasn't getting any broadband, and I'm still not getting any. I have A BTW open reach router, connected the netduma to that. And then my BT HUB3 connecteducation to the netduma, as instructed.

I was able to for a brief time access the funcations of the netduma via the http//:192.168.88.1. But wasn't able to access full internet, or use my ps4 online, and I think I disabled the WiFi feature. So that the house in theory would run of the bt HUB3 WiFi instead.

But now I can't access the netduma features online, so I've no idea what to do now really. Cause as soon as I attach my bt HUB3 back to my openreach my broadband comes back

So any help or advice would be much appreciated as I'm not to crude up when it comes to this kind of thing

Thanks Gareth

Hi Gareth, Are you on Fibre connection?

Does your modem look like this?

post-788-0-85435300-1458660171_thumb.jpg

If so try connecting your modem straight into port 1 of the R1.

If you can get to the user interface using the ip address then go to settings - WAN - make sure PPPoE is enabled and then input the following user name and password.

User:-  bthomehub@ btinternet .com (no gaps there is some sort of security protocol stopping me posting the username)

Password:- BT

See if that gets you online first off.

Sorry didn't see this was in the 1 on 1 section, Ill leave it to the mods.

Yes that's the modem I currently have, so what your saying is just have the netduma connected to the openreach? With out the use of the BTHUB3?

I'm sorry but what dose PPPOE mean? I will give this ago later, once my housemates have gone to bed. As they'll need the Internet when they get back from work shortly

Thanks for the response

Yes remove the BT homehub from the set up.

PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet)

In the settings under the WAN section the page looks like this for my connection straight into the BT open reach modem.

post-788-0-31046200-1458664450_thumb.jpg

Hopefully this will get you online and then we can help you get it configured properly :)

Apologies to any mods if I am not supposed to be posting in here.

Ahh okie cokie cheers so to make sure I've got what you've said I go phone line - openreach - netduma? As when I tried setting it up I had phone line - openreach - netduma - BTHUB3. And wasn't getting any broad band but could access the netduma interface

You could have the homehub plugged into the R1 but I think the reason you couldn't get online was you didn't have the WAN settings inputted. I would try without the homehub first to see if you can get online with those settings.

Good luck :)

OK I will try and be about but if I am not there are plenty of helpful folk about. I am sure we will get you up and running soon enough. :) In the meantime it may be worth having a browse through some of the wiki stuff.

I tried your suggestion, of openreach to netduma. But to access the netduma features I tried eithernet to pc from the netduma. And I couldn't get Internet from the netduma

And as I'd accidently disabled the netdumas WiFi earlier I can't access the http via any other device

Just a quick up date, I've been able to get into the netduma interface by connecting the dumas to my BTHUB3, how ever I've tried to do the PPPoE, and the message I'm getting back is "interface wan not found" So I don't really know where to go from there?

Any help is much appreciated cheers

Follow the guide below Cov it's for homehub 5 but works the same for 3 as Bagsta said you can directlly hook up the duma to the openreach modem but you'll have to enable PPPoe in duma if hh3 is connected disable PPPoe in duma as it's enabled in hh3 automatically.

If you watch BT sport you will need the hh3 connected to duma anyway.

Your prolly sorted now by the Reverend Bagsta but just in case

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=bt_home_hub_5

Na I'm still not sorted as yet, I tried to enable to PPPoE earlier when I was able to get on the duma interface via the pc. But I kept getting that *interface wan not found*

The only way so far I've been able to get onto the duma interface since this morning is :- openreach - BTHUB3 - Netduma with ethernet connection to my pc. When I tried to do openreach - duma my pc wouldn't connect to the Internet.

I'm not much of a techy guy when it comes to the Internet, but I will have a look at that link tomorrow and hopefully be able to get it sorted fingers crossed

Hey man, it can be frustrating but with the help of the guys on here we WILL get you sorted. A bit of patience is pretty much what is required and you will be sorted out :)

There are some much smarter people than I on here but thought I would tell you how I have mine set as I am on BT fibre too.

Are you on PS or Xbone?

If you are PS I may be able to sort some time out to help you if you are not sorted in the next couple of days ill pm you my mobile and see if I cannot help you out that way.

I am sure the peeps around here will have you sorted soon though buddy.

Cheers :)

Good luck bud :)

If you are connecting to the hh3 then the duma take out the PPPoE settings you have set up in the duma first

I would turn off both the hh3 and the duma connect via port 1 POE on the duma to a lan port on the HH them turn on the hh3 wait for it to fully boot then turn on the duma again wait for it to fully boot.

the HH's do not have a great DHCP for IP addresses this way it "should" hand one out ok.

I've just noticed that my version of netduma is 1.03.3 when I click upgrade it says that I'm already running the latest version, I had to go to bt hub settings manually as there was no link to it when I went to the device manager

I went through what has been advised, but on the main screen it's saying that I'm not connected to the Internet, once I got to the advanced settings I was able to find the duma ip renamed it "netduma" but the diagram is saying that it's not connected.

I will attach some pictures to show how I've got it set up as instructed via the wiki

If you are running version 1.03 I think a mod will need to help you upgrade to the latest version. However we will need to get you connected so that they can access it.

I cannot see your pics,

To post a pic press on more reply options bottom right of reply box, then click on Attach files bottom left, choose pics (under 2 mb in size) then click on add to post.

OK I have just spent the last 30 minutes or so on the phone to Covteddy36 and made sure that all the cables etc are connected correctly and that his settings in WAN are the same as mine as we both have BT infinity. This is connecting the BT open Reach modem directly to the R1 with no Homehub involved.

He keeps getting the error WAN interface not found and cannot connect to the internet.

We have also tried connecting the HH which is getting an internet signal, to the R1 but I am not sure what settings he needs to input to the R1 to get this working.

He is running on version 0.3 so will actually need a Netduma chap to help him upgrade anyway and I think that a factory reset may help but again he will need to speak to a mod or techy chap for that.

To be honest the guy has shown the patience of a saint so far so hopefully someone will pop by and give him a hand soon:)

Sorry again Gareth that I couldn't get the R1 firing on all cylinders for you as I am sure you will see the benefit when you do get it up and running. (it's probably something really simple)

Cheers.

Archived