DSLreport results PC vs. Xbox One

Hello Netduma armay I have a Question. I get two different results on DSLreports.com with the same congestion controls settings on PC and Xbox One. On Xbox One the pings are two times bigger like on the PC. Both PC and Xbox are connected to Netduma. I would like to know why the ping is so much higher on the Xbox and how to get better results. 

Germany server ping: PC 28ms, Xbox one 55ms

London server ping: PC 39ms, Xbox one 67ms

Ireland server ping: PC 47ms, Xbox one 75ms

Bufferbloat and Quality PC A+, A+

Bufferbloat and Quality Xbox one A, A​

Hello Netduma armay I have a Question. I get two different results on DSLreports.com with the same congestion controls settings on PC and Xbox One. On Xbox One the pings are two times bigger like on the PC. Both PC and Xbox are connected to Netduma. I would like to know why the ping is so much higher on the Xbox and how to get better results. 

Germany server ping: PC 28ms, Xbox one 55ms

London server ping: PC 39ms, Xbox one 67ms

Ireland server ping: PC 47ms, Xbox one 75ms

Bufferbloat and Quality PC A+, A+

Bufferbloat and Quality Xbox one A, A​

When you're pinging XBox, you are going to a specific server that may be very far away from you.  When I do my Speed/ Bufferboat tests my XBox numbers are around 100ms it is because I am pinging a server on the other side of the USA from me.

Is both the console and PC connected via ethernet cable?

Put your console in hyper traffic and see if the same result occurs.

Yes Fraser both console and PC are connected via Ethernet cable and the Xbox is added in hyper traffic (xbox live). Result is always the same ping on Xbox is 2x higher to the same servers

It pings the same 3 servers Germany, London, Ireland

Hey mitja1980,

I just did the same tests you did and followed with Fraser's suggestions as well.  I didn't see any noticeable difference.  I know it doesn't help your situation out, but I thought I'd tell you anyway

Hey mitja1980,

I just did the same tests you did and followed with Fraser's suggestions as well.  I didn't see any noticeable difference.  I know it doesn't help your situation out, but I thought I'd tell you anyway

Thanks for your help. Don't know why the ping is 2x higher on the Xbox makes no sence

Thanks for your help. Don't know why the ping is 2x higher on the Xbox makes no sence

Just wondering, do you have any external hard drives attached to your xbox? I doubt it would make a difference but trying to find our why my results are different from yours

Just wondering, do you have any external hard drives attached to your xbox? I doubt it would make a difference but trying to find our why my results are different from yours

No I have no external drives attached to Xbox.

Browser optimisations on PC versus console likely the culprit or XBL issues causing more delay via XB1 browser test...

Could be the case but major masingil did the same test and He says no differenc for him. So if someone else could test this and confirm there is a differenc we would know 

dslreports doesn't "ping" the same server each time for me. there's multiple compute amazon aws for my location. no icmp, but tcp port 80, so isp filtering 80 and different dns lookup results could skew the results?

plus edge on the console probably has a variable tick rate/timer resolution

that being said, computer and console had the sameish reported ping times

• Administrators

Sorry for the late reply on this, helpful advice above on what could be the issue. Make sure as well that the ethernet cable in the console is firmly plugged in. 

my ping is the same but the bufferbloat is very bad when i do it on the ps4, why?

I wouldn't test bufferbloat when on the PS4, you need to lower the anti-flood sliders for bufferbloat. There are some good threads about this :)

Archived