Hey NetDuma People!

SolariPicasso

Just a shout out to no one in particular. I only play COD (Xbox Live), as it is all care to play. With that said, I am a NetDuma n00b. Learning how to best use the device. I am looking for consistency in my playing, sometimes it's 60-10 then the next game 4-24, yes the lag beast! I am still a skeptic, even after forking out $199 US. The differences I have seen are much smoother game play, however i am still losing a lot of 1 on 1's, yes I believe I am firing first! The next week I will be putting the unit through it's paces. Any tips will be appreciated, though there is a lot of great content already available. When I can get 2 Motherships in one round, I will be convinced! :D

First tip to give you is to realise that even the NetDuma can't fix the code they have in place to have lag compensation as the main point of the game. The netduma will definitely help with the game but at the moment lag comp is still the thing the netduma can't beat which is the main pain of the game. It won't help you get motherships every game as well unfortunately...

my biggest piece of advice is to be aware how how many devices are on your home network. I have in the 25 devices range.  I have found using the CC sliders more than 70% each has helped.  As an example I have mine set to 40% DL and 60% UL, Hyper Traffic  for XB Live. Also use the distribution flower for added bandwidth help.  This helps keep the devices from my house from causing unnecessary lag if they go active while I'm playing.  It's made a huge difference

Definitely take into consideration what ImSallad said.  Our R1's can only manage our networks, not the BO3 servers.  I have read a lot of people say they they have seen better consistency when they connect to a server @ around 60ms.  Some have said with the way the BO3 lag comp code works, it's better to have a little higher ping.  Not sure how true it is, but the guys who said that 60ms seemed like the sweet spot know what they're talking about.  Maybe try that and see what happens

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi buddy, welcome to the forum. Hope you love the router. Make sure you're on the latest version 1.03.6g and use the profiles for quick setup :) 

Archived