FOAM TO HELP AIM?

ImSallad

Saw this little product a few days ago and liked what it said it did so bought a set, it's basically just a few little circle chunks of foam you put under your thumb stick to help absorb the movement of the sticks so you can play on a higher sensitivity but not have your player going spinning all over the place with the smallest of movements of the stick. I over aim a lot and struggle on lower sensitivity with movement but struggle on higher sensitivity with aim so hopefully this will combine the two. What do you guys think, gimmick? 

Here's a video explaining them - 

Here's the product -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FPS-Aim-Assist-Xbox-Controllers/dp/B010G4S060/ref=pd_cp_63_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1D3MMEGTFW02PXQ0JQWJ

how does that work?

The cinch (if you didn't know) is kind of like a scuff but has buttons not paddles. Anyway the double tension sticks are just that they have double the tension or I guess are harder to move, they seem more precise to me, I actually raised my sensitivity after getting them.

I have this feature built into my BBC controllers because I have a real dead zone in my right thumb from dislocating it a million times growing up.  It's an interesting idea, but really it's just a piece of sponge being used as a bumper.  Brilliant, but not much of a market for it.

I have this feature built into my BBC controllers because I have a real dead zone in my right thumb from dislocating it a million times growing up.  It's an interesting idea, but really it's just a piece of sponge being used as a bumper.  Brilliant, but not much of a market for it.

yeah it's nothing crazy but I think it's just that little something that can actually help. Like I said above I actually got 2 gameplays in 4 games due to my aim being a lot more tighter!

It's nothing fancy but I think it's something that can actually help me out with my over shooting so I'll give it a go and see how it holds up!

I love the idea of it.  From a marketing standpoint the guy has basically given away the farm (buy a sponge and cut two donuts out) - but I can see how it would work and it makes perfect sense.

The cinch (if you didn't know) is kind of like a scuff but has buttons not paddles. Anyway the double tension sticks are just that they have double the tension or I guess are harder to move, they seem more precise to me, I actually raised my sensitivity after getting them.

I bought the BBC controller with the increased tension (from 65 grams force of stock PS4 to 110 grams force), which is a 40% increase.  It should arrive in the next few days.   I will have to consider raising the sensitivity now (currently on 4).Thank you for the tip.

I bought the BBC controller with the increased tension (from 65 grams force of stock PS4 to 110 grams force), which is a 40% increase.  It should arrive in the next few days.   I will have to consider raising the sensitivity now (currently on 4).Thank you for the tip.

Sorry but whats a BBC controller? Only things that come to mind are British Broadcast and Big Black Cock! 

You got a delivery date yet?  I am anxious to hear your thoughts as I put you through PM hell with the X7 and the headset. :D

It is supposed to arrive today, but who knows with the USPS.  No PM hell, i was happy to help.  Compared to the problems that I am constantly resolving at work, this was nothing. LOL

It is supposed to arrive today, but who knows with the USPS.  No PM hell, i was happy to help.  Compared to the problems that I am constantly resolving at work, this was nothing. LOL

I hope you like it.  I also got the increased tension and for my thumb issues it has helped.  I don't crouch and shoot my own head-glitch or window frame anywhere near as much now...LOL

Did you get the upgraded triggers?  Or did you go with the manual stops like Scuf uses?

No, I did not get the upgraded triggers because I play with the flipped gaming profile on PS4. R1 and L1 are already binary switches that are already very sensitive.   I basically got the stock PS4 controller with 2 rear buttons, remap chip, increased tension and squid grip.

I received by Battle Beaver Custom (BBC) controller yesterday (7 weeks from order).   Unfortunately, they did not include the squid grip that I purchased.   I tested anyway without it.  I definitely love the bottom button positions over the Scuf paddles.   I also like the increased tension in the right joystick.  I believe I got too enthusiastic when purchasing and did not think about it.  I probably should NOT have got the increased tension on the left joystick.   

I wanted to try to keep the comparison fairly consistent, so I did not try to change my sensitivity yet.   The increased tension keeps my aim from swinging as much.  I may start altering my play style to incorporate more left stick aiming (already do some aiming with left) with my strafing. If so, the increased tension on the left stick will be nice.  

My fingers did not fit well on the Scuf, so I had to move my fingers slightly to press the paddles.  The BBC buttons are perfect and rest exactly where my middle fingers are.   It feels more natural.  

First Day Impression:  I love it.  Even with the long lead time and messed up order, I still prefer the BBC to Scuf.

I received by Battle Beaver Custom (BBC) controller yesterday (7 weeks from order).   Unfortunately, they did not include the squid grip that I purchased.   I tested anyway without it.  I definitely love the bottom button positions over the Scuf paddles.   I also like the increased tension in the right joystick.  I believe I got too enthusiastic when purchasing and did not think about it.  I probably should NOT have got the increased tension on the left joystick.   

I wanted to try to keep the comparison fairly consistent, so I did not try to change my sensitivity yet.   The increased tension keeps my aim from swinging as much.  I may start altering my play style to incorporate more left stick aiming (already do some aiming with left) with my strafing. If so, the increased tension on the left stick will be nice.  

My fingers did not fit well on the Scuf, so I had to move my fingers slightly to press the paddles.  The BBC buttons are perfect and rest exactly where my middle fingers are.   It feels more natural.  

First Day Impression:  I love it.  Even with the long lead time and messed up order, I still prefer the BBC to Scuf.

Ya know I was thinking the same thing about the double tension on the left stick of my cinch. I was thinking I may not do that on the next one.

I got double tension on both sticks on the first one and moved back to standard and increased tension on the right when I sent it back in for the trigger repair.  I much prefer this application with my thumb issues.

If I were to send it back for any reason, I would probably go back to the standard tension on the left joystick.   I have been playing on tactical flipped with the right bottom mapped to O for melee.   Due to the increase tension to slide, I may swap back to default flipped.  This way I can use R3 for melee (which I almost never use) and then use O and the bottom rear button for crouch, slide.  I will play about a week with the current setup before deciding if I want to change.  

Archived