XBOX ONE ELITE CONTROLLER

II N3MES1S II

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have this and if so how has it been for you and how long have you had it?

Had it since launch, one of the best purchases I've made in a hell of a long time, especially for CoD. The advantage it gives you (if you use the controller correctly) is ridiculous. Can't recommend highly enough.

Had it since launch, one of the best purchases I've made in a hell of a long time, especially for CoD. The advantage it gives you (if you use the controller correctly) is ridiculous. Can't recommend highly enough.

Ditto, won't make you a god at the game, but improves your 1 on 1 battles, as you can jump using the paddles, turn and aim and shoot at the same time, well worth the money, feels expensive too (as it should at this price).

Also the ability to change the layout using the accessories app on the xbox one.

I have one and I love it. I was a bit leary at the price but I traded my console in for the elite console that came with it (upgrade) because there was a deal at the time. Zero regrets.

I did have to exchange it a couple weeks ago, but there was no hassle at all. The sprint wasn't working properly.

The trigger locks are heavenly. I haven't used the paddles much (learning curve) and I was editing my emblem in black ops 3 and I couldn't figure out why it was taking so long for me to rotate objects. I didn't think about the trigger locks. Duh. I'd 100% recommend one.

I just bought one, and I agree with everybody else's opinion.

It's a well-put together piece of hardware and the advantages it gives are well-worth the price, IMO.

It takes some getting used to and will require you to relearn the controller (the paddles), but once you do, it's like any other muscle memory. After a dozen games with bots, you'll just "use it" without even thinking about it... because it's still an XBox controller at it's core whose core design is the best I've ever used in my 30+ years of gaming.

I have one and I love it. I was a bit leary at the price but I traded my console in for the elite console that came with it (upgrade) because there was a deal at the time. Zero regrets.

I did have to exchange it a couple weeks ago, but there was no hassle at all. The sprint wasn't working properly.

The trigger locks are heavenly. I haven't used the paddles much (learning curve) and I was editing my emblem in black ops 3 and I couldn't figure out why it was taking so long for me to rotate objects. I didn't think about the trigger locks. Duh. I'd 100% recommend one.

Ok, this pretty much is what is happening to me.

I went to BB last night to return a pair of Gunnar glasses I felt were not worth the price paid.

Anyway my hands were itching to get something to review.

I didn't see any and just asked on my way out and the guy took a while but final said some came in and he didn't know it.

I snatched it up quick, but this is the issue I am having. The sprint cancels out while playing BO3.

So I might have to exchange it already, sucks to know that this stuff happens and you have to waste your time exchanging.

Not even one whole day of use and I see a problem but as for the rest of the controller it is perfect.

Fits right in my hands and the paddles are in the right spot, took my about an hour or two to get used to it.

The way you have to baby it because the paddles are sort of sensitive makes it feel to me like you are holding another hand.

"Because it's still an XBox controller at it's core whose core design"...

Best statement yet about it.

I was going to reply to that comment but I will do both here.

Why do you guys think that?

Make it sound as if you think any controller like it like "scuf" isn't an xbox controller at the core.

I was going to reply to that comment but I will do both here.

Why do you guys think that?

Make it sound as if you think any controller like it like "scuf" isn't an xbox controller at the core.

I've played with tons of different controllers. Factory, 3rd party etc and nothing feels like this. It is so solid feeling you actually step back kind of when you pick it up for the first time.

I guess a good analogy would be like comparing some aftermarket auto accessories to factory goods. Have you ever seen an aftermarket sunroof and thought, "Hey, that looks better than my stock moonroof". It's undeniably that much better.

The sprint issue I had sucked but it took me 15 minutes to fix. I don't see myself using a stock controller again and I would but this before a Scuf without question.

Ok, this pretty much is what is happening to me.

I went to BB last night to return a pair of Gunnar glasses I felt were not worth the price paid.

Anyway my hands were itching to get something to review.

I didn't see any and just asked on my way out and the guy took a while but final said some came in and he didn't know it.

I snatched it up quick, but this is the issue I am having. The sprint cancels out while playing BO3.

So I might have to exchange it already, sucks to know that this stuff happens and you have to waste your time exchanging.

Not even one whole day of use and I see a problem but as for the rest of the controller it is perfect.

Fits right in my hands and the paddles are in the right spot, took my about an hour or two to get used to it.

The way you have to baby it because the paddles are sort of sensitive makes it feel to me like you are holding another hand.

Mine was/is a few months old. No excuse, but there is no way I'm babying this one either. I put the reciept right in the case in case there's another problem.

I've played with tons of different controllers. Factory, 3rd party etc and nothing feels like this. It is so solid feeling you actually step back kind of when you pick it up for the first time.

I guess a good analogy would be like comparing some aftermarket auto accessories to factory goods. Have you ever seen an aftermarket sunroof and thought, "Hey, that looks better than my stock moonroof". It's undeniably that much better.

The sprint issue I had sucked but it took me 15 minutes to fix. I don't see myself using a stock controller again and I would but this before a Scuf without question.

I'm sure PS4 will announce scuf licensing a week after i get my PS4 scuf.

Had one about a month and it's great. People say it's expensive for a controller but the add ons are actually worth it when you think about it.

The first I will say is for what you get, price wise it's a lot better than a scuf. Scufs customer service is supposed to be shocking as well which isn't what you want if you're paying £120+ for something. This isn't about the Scuf though...

It has a carry case which makes it a lot easier to keep it clean and stop you dropping shit on your controller (which I've done with other controllers)

The paddles do actually help a lot considering in a gun fight in this game you can just slam your booster and go flying away and pick your enemy from a different angle and the trigger stops are a incredible installment into a controller for FPS (you can have the triggers on normal settings and go through software to have trigger stops also)

The software that gets unlocked when you buy one is worth it to be honest, you can customize this controller exactly how you please which helped me out a tonne.

Get one dude, they're worth it if you play CoD enough!

Anyone have this and if so how has it been for you and how long have you had it?

I bought the controller on launch then got another when i upgraded to the elite system. I have zero issues with the controller. Feels great and love the app on the xbox. Great buy although for some reason i'm contemplating buying the scuf infinity ? Got the scuf for my ps4 and love it. 

Replaced the controller. Unfortunately that probably the only fix without taking it apart. I honestly thought it was the game at first. I asked my buddies and they said they weren't having any troubles. That's when I hooked my original one back up and it sprinted fine.

Edit: I wouldn't be afraid to grab one if I were you. I'm pretty sure it has a one year warranty. I'd just make sure it's replaced before a year is up. :D

A one year warranty is manufacturer only so lets say I get one from best buy if after 15 days I dont return or exchange it its mine and I would have to send it in to microsoft.

Unless I pay for the extended warranty which is 2 years for $20.

I did buy this controller and I must say it blows SCUF out of the water on quality and what you get for the price.

Just noticing a little sprint canceling and it annoys me, that's why they put unlimited sprint now to prevent ruining the thumbsticks.

Tried changing sticks to see if it was just me having to get used to these tiny little thumbsticks but nope still sprint cancels.

If you're not used to it... You can accidentally cancel sprint by lightly tapping the stance change paddle. 

This will probably be the number one thing new users are going to have retrain their muscles and minds to adapt to. 

I didn't realize how hard I grip the controller from the bottom / sides, so I was always drop shotting, or canceling my sprint because of gripping the under side / paddles too much. So, I had to learn a lighter touch, ironically. What helped me was to put the extended stick with domed top on the left side and keep the right side stock. The extra length allows me to not have to push down so hard to sprint which also means I don't grip the controller as tight as I used to as well.

Yea I bought it already and I'm still within the 15 days to return it. I think I will keep it so I'm glad I got the best buys warranty.

I think I will just go in every 6 months and have them exchange it.

Not sure how it works over there but here in the uk when u buy you enter into a contract with that company so it's the company you return it to not the manufacturer and the company then has their contract with the supplier or manufacturer

Archived