new update help .6

Ok so did the update and it went well. I didn't do muchchanges from my original setup cause it worked. Now I am forced to wait for a lobby for a while because it keeps trying to connect me to UK servers so I have to wait for that to I guess time out. Then its pretty laggy when it does get me a game. It was playing greatyesterday before the update. If someone could help push me in the right direction that would be great because I can't even play in any good lobbies right now.

I noticed this as well.
I am in the U.S., and what I mean by notice, is that after the update, it has made my home server one in a different location.
I unfortunatly don't know why, but I have also been connecting to different servers when I play stuff online.
Sorry I coulndn't be of help.
I just wanted you to know that if you feel as if you are connecting to different servers and issues were occuring, that you are not alone my friend.

Mike

Still didn't get this to work very well last night. I had to factory reboot then it locked up so I had to push the little reset button. Any help on how to get it to work the way it was would be great. I'm pretty sure the profile thingy is messing it up but not sure how.

Start using the profiles as well as Hyper-Traffic for your console. If your home is incorrectly location just put it in the correct place and then search. Ensure you have auto & bleeding edge cloud ticked and applied.

It tried to search in the UK first every time for some reason. I have to wait for it to flash the locks before it will even search in the geo area. I was hoping to just use my own profile, is there an option to not use any of the profiles?I didn't see when I was looking last night. I did turn Hype lane on and I also tried one of the cod profiles but that threw me in the ocean with ping assist only. Which may work for some it does not work for me. I have to find the 60ms games for BO3 to work for me. The low ping games laaaag bad. I know which server to play on for that. Is there a Wiki on the profile pages? and the new stuff? I cannot check from work sorry. Wiki be blocked.

• Administrators

You don't need to use the profiles. You can just set everything to what you want and not set any settings. I believe someone made a default profile thats available in the thread.

No wiki on what each profile does, we are in the process of updating the wiki at the moment but there is a page on the different profile tabs. 

So I cannot still get anykind of good game play like I was having with .5. I also no matter what I do bandwith sliders wise get my upload or download to change. Its like they dont even do anything. Please help. I finally had this and my internet sorted and now Im back to going 0 for in games because I am so far behind.

Hard turn off the console. 

Place home on your location.

Reapply the cloud.

Strict on, PA at 0. 

Then try again please

I will try this but I was also noticing my cc sliders seem to have no effect on speed or anything for that matter like they did in .5. I was trying to retest for bufferbloat as I thought something may have changed there. But at 50% download on the sliders I still see my full speeds on dslreports. Meaning that adjusting did nothing. Do I need to adjust in a whole different way?

I will try this but I was also noticing my cc sliders seem to have no effect on speed or anything for that matter like they did in .5. I was trying to retest for bufferbloat as I thought something may have changed there. But at 50% download on the sliders I still see my full speeds on dslreports. Meaning that adjusting did nothing. Do I need to adjust in a whole different way?

Just a thought but have you got the service selected correctly ?

You mention the sliders make no difference to your speed and also you told me that the Duma ping graph is a flat line.

Is it completely flat like there is no measurement or does it fluctuate in any way at all, 1ms at least ?

Do you tick strict mode just before you game or enabled permanently ?

Just a thought but have you got the service selected correctly ?

You mention the sliders make no difference to your speed and also you told me that the Duma ping graph is a flat line.

Is it completely flat like there is no measurement or does it fluctuate in any way at all, 1ms at least ?

Do you tick strict mode just before you game or enabled permanently ?

its flatline because I no longer have jitter, yes I have xbox live selected. I keep strict mode on most the time as it WAS working. The sliders started working after the 3 factory reboot. Im a try another one. Then I might give up. Im way to frustrated

You can tell if strict mode is working, when you boot up CoD & the man with 2 pistols appears, look at the number at the top right of your screen.

It should display 50.0.0.00.0 or something similar, as soon as this number changes (mine displays 50.6.25.7.0) all the dedicated servers appear on the geo-map but outside my geo-radius they all display as locks.

If yours display as circles then strict mode isn't on (yet), if you press it before you go into a game it won't work. You gotta wait 2 minutes for the Duma anti-cheat, after this time you can now try & should stay in your circle on the map.

• Administrators

Can you double check you don't have super turbo mode enabled as that would disable CC. 

So you're still getting forced to UK servers? 

A factory reset should wipe anything. If you use the different profiles how do you get on?

You can tell if strict mode is working, when you boot up CoD & the man with 2 pistols appears, look at the number at the top right of your screen.

It should display 50.0.0.00.0 or something similar, as soon as this number changes (mine displays 50.6.25.7.0) all the dedicated servers appear on the geo-map but outside my geo-radius they all display as locks.

If yours display as circles then strict mode isn't on (yet), if you press it before you go into a game it won't work. You gotta wait 2 minutes for the Duma anti-cheat, after this time you can now try & should stay in your circle on the map.

Def have stict mode ticked as it always show all the locks outside geo now . Also always have that initial load in for cod. Think I have the geo working now why am I 10 min behind? Before I was told on here it was jitter on my line. I got my line fixed and everything was working great. I install this .6 and I am so far behind everyone playing on the exact same server as before. Like I said I tried with my tp link and I do not have this delay.

Can you double check you don't have super turbo mode enabled as that would disable CC. 

So you're still getting forced to UK servers? 

A factory reset should wipe anything. If you use the different profiles how do you get on?

Double checked this last night. I have turbo mode checked not super turbo.

Geo seems to work.

I tried every cod profile. I am in a delay of some sort that I did not have in .5

This who thing seems messed up some how. I just don't understand. I can no longer get an A+ for bufferbloat no matter what I do. I tried with the other router and I can achieve it still but no longer on the duma.

Every Factory reset seems to fix one thing but still leave some other problem. The thing is not rocket science. I have a pretty good handle on how to use it. Something is just not right.

Im going to try and roll back the firmware. I can't take this wait for 24hrs to get a response .Something has changed from one to the other firmware that is changing my gaming to poo. If there were some info out there on this new update I may be able to figure it out myself. Until then I have to wait and wait and wait. Totally uncool! Please let me know when the .6 works for everybody or when you have time to help me fix this. Thanks!

Im going to try and roll back the firmware. I can't take this wait for 24hrs to get a response .Something has changed from one to the other firmware that is changing my gaming to poo. If there were some info out there on this new update I may be able to figure it out myself. Until then I have to wait and wait and wait. Totally uncool! Please let me know when the .6 works for everybody or when you have time to help me fix this. Thanks!

Hey bud, it may not be .6 at all.   At least personally i'm having no problems with the geo.  However i do feel like i'm behind 90% of the games that I play.  I don't think it has anything to do with my connection, your connection, the duma, etc.  In my opinion it's just the game and no setting is gonna work.  You might have a couple great days, then they throw a patch in and it all goes to hell.  That isn't anything wrong with the duma and there is no setting or quick fix for that part (being behind in cod).  I had this exact same problem in Black Ops2 and it happens everytime they patch. And unfortunately Treyarch wants to patch every 2 days or so.  I wish there was something  more useful i could add that might would fix a potential problem.  But i don't think there is any.  It may seem like .6, but most likely an Ops3 patch went through at the same time and is the culprit.

Hey bud, it may not be .6 at all.   At least personally i'm having no problems with the geo.  However i do feel like i'm behind 90% of the games that I play.  I don't think it has anything to do with my connection, your connection, the duma, etc.  In my opinion it's just the game and no setting is gonna work.  You might have a couple great days, then they throw a patch in and it all goes to hell.  That isn't anything wrong with the duma and there is no setting or quick fix for that part (being behind in cod).  I had this exact same problem in Black Ops2 and it happens everytime they patch. And unfortunately Treyarch wants to patch every 2 days or so.  I wish there was something  more useful i could add that might would fix a potential problem.  But i don't think there is any.  It may seem like .6, but most likely an Ops3 patch went through at the same time and is the culprit.

I was thinking that and that's why I waited a day after the bo3 update to do the firmware. But it could be though I tried on my TP link and it doesn't seem that bad. as usual thank you for your help Jeff it is very much appreciated. Im used to the usual delay from the bo family this though is something unbelievable . Im getting maybe 2 kills in a game. Hopefully something works out. I am trying .5 when I get home though. I have to try something! LOL

against my better judgement i think i might 'try' to play some today.  if you're on and want to see if it plays any better on my host you're welcome to join

Thanks buddy. I am at "gulp" Work! will be on later today though.

So i tried a few things today and every time I made a change the router would lock up to where I had to reboot or unplug it and wait 30 sec to be able to access it.

So I then proceeded to reflash .5 back onto it , I put my settings in and tested and got an A+ for bufferbloat and line quality right away. Does this mean that the file maybe was corrupt in some way for the update or is the new firmware some how not compatible with this new comcast business line I have. Remember the supervisor had a hell of a time getting my netgear and my tp link routers to work with it. What do you think? Ill try gaming tonight if it plays better with double xp then something is really wrong LOL 

Archived