new update help .6

• Administrators

So i tried a few things today and every time I made a change the router would lock up to where I had to reboot or unplug it and wait 30 sec to be able to access it.

So I then proceeded to reflash .5 back onto it , I put my settings in and tested and got an A+ for bufferbloat and line quality right away. Does this mean that the file maybe was corrupt in some way for the update or is the new firmware some how not compatible with this new comcast business line I have. Remember the supervisor had a hell of a time getting my netgear and my tp link routers to work with it. What do you think? Ill try gaming tonight if it plays better with double xp then something is really wrong LOL 

I don't think the .6 upgrade would've changed compatibility but if the .5 upgrade works best for you then keep on that for now

So I found an answer to this. I am guessing somehow during download or installation something got buggered up. Originally with .6 I could not get an A+ for buffer bloat which I could easily with .5 . Also the router kept hanging up and needing to be restarted. If I made any change it would become unresponsive. As you know I reinstalled .5. Today I factory reset and then redownloaded .6 and installed. Put my settings in an instantly an A+ on bufferbloat and everything seems to be working. I haven't tried gaming yet but this seems to have worked. IF someone else out there is having issue please try those steps. Anything could have happened during file transfer and installation.

Hope this helps someone

So I found an answer to this. I am guessing somehow during download or installation something got buggered up. Originally with .6 I could not get an A+ for buffer bloat which I could easily with .5 . Also the router kept hanging up and needing to be restarted. If I made any change it would become unresponsive. As you know I reinstalled .5. Today I factory reset and then redownloaded .6 and installed. Put my settings in an instantly an A+ on bufferbloat and everything seems to be working. I haven't tried gaming yet but this seems to have worked. IF someone else out there is having issue please try those steps. Anything could have happened during file transfer and installation.

Hope this helps someone

were you wired to the duma from your PC when you loaded the firmwares? Or was some portion of your setup wireless? I noticed issues when doing the firmware upgrade wirelessly 

were you wired to the duma from your PC when you loaded the firmwares? Or was some portion of your setup wireless? I noticed issues when doing the firmware upgrade wirelessly 

Wired. I do almost everything except my phone wired. Not a fan of wireless. But good thinking. Thank You

• Administrators

Hope this helps someone

Great to hear that! Thanks for posting back with a solution, glad .6 is working for you now. 

Archived