R1 & low Mbs

Hi there guys, I'm loving the router so far... I'm havin a few issues with bo3 (lag spiking) more often than I would like, I'm in South Yorkshire UK on a measly bad 4 down .80 up 18-30ms ping broadband (can't get fibre) and have followed the user guide (on line setup) since I got the router last year for Advanced warfare, it was amazing on that game, anyway with the .5 update bo3 has been a nightmare, my games are hit n miss,I'm on ps4 and I'm on preemptive algorithm and everything else is the same as the guide for under 50mbps internet, and I'm worried about the next update? Are they catering for high speed internet and my router will be a paperweight until there is fibre in my area?

Thank you for reading this and I look foward to hearing from you guys...

Regards

Rob

Been the same for myself also, keep getting connected to a server in Ireland after the latest update, is this happening to you Rob?

Tried different setting, nothing works, can't ban the server either. Lowered the range of my geo filter but I still get put in that server for every game.

Hope the guys have a fix for you, Rob as it's very frustrating

Rob I have the same slow internet issues as you, mines actually slower 1.7 down and 0.5 up. I haven't hooked up my Duma for blops3 at all and experience the massive ping spikes and inconsistent hit detection. It's just the game fella I play hard core for better games but any double xp events or a lobby full of clan/party members seems to make it ten times worse.

Hi there guys, I'm loving the router so far... I'm havin a few issues with bo3 (lag spiking) more often than I would like, I'm in South Yorkshire UK on a measly bad 4 down .80 up 18-30ms ping broadband (can't get fibre) and have followed the user guide (on line setup) since I got the router last year for Advanced warfare, it was amazing on that game, anyway with the .5 update bo3 has been a nightmare, my games are hit n miss,I'm on ps4 and I'm on preemptive algorithm and everything else is the same as the guide for under 50mbps internet, and I'm worried about the next update? Are they catering for high speed internet and my router will be a paperweight until there is fibre in my area?

Thank you for reading this and I look foward to hearing from you guys...

Regards

Rob

Hey Rob,the duma is absolutely not catering to high speed internet,with the new features it caters to both with low speeds and those with fiber.The game on PS4 is kind of a mess at the moment,I'm on PS4 too and am feeling your pain.The last patch they sent out changed something,not sure what but definitely something.Hopefully they get it ironed out as IMO the game sucks at the moment.

• Administrators

Hey Rob, the R1 is great for lower connections. Especially with the newest upgrade you'll be able to enable hyper traffic so your gaming goes out first and comes in first resulting in little spikes/jitter.

Rob I have the same slow internet issues as you, mines actually slower 1.7 down and 0.5 up. I haven't hooked up my Duma for blops3 at all and experience the massive ping spikes and inconsistent hit detection. It's just the game fella I play hard core for better games but any double xp events or a lobby full of clan/party members seems to make it ten times worse.

It sounds like you didn't have congestion control set up or you have some issues on your line. 

Thanks for the replies guys, I ended up havin to re - put my original into DMZ as o had an unknown power cut :/ , but as for the router on slow speeds I would recommend to every gamer, it must just be black ops 3, shi**y ass net code but in all fairness it's been smooth sailing for the most part (odd bad lobby or hacked lobby :/ ps4) . But even I can play while the missus is eating wifi ;)

Hey Rob, the R1 is great for lower connections. Especially with the newest upgrade you'll be able to enable hyper traffic so your gaming goes out first and comes in first resulting in little spikes/jitter.

It sounds like you didn't have congestion control set up or you have some issues on your line.

How do I enable hyper traffic?

On your Congestion Control page scroll to the bottom and you will see Hyper-Traffic.

Click on add new hyper service

Then select your console (device)

Then select your service...Xbox live,Playstation Network etc

Then click done and you should see your device and service under Hyper-Traffic

• 3 months later...

Hi, me again... I'm having a problem that seems to be bugging the hell out of me.

I have had this router since last year and when I got it it was amazing on advanced warfare on older software. Anyway I've tried messing with settings n read loads of info. This router will not let me go back to my 18ish ms connection, I have all settings I should have aswell as my router in DMZ mode (oh n nobody informed me if u reboot the duma u have to change the last digit in wan address on your isp router/modem) and my diagnostic says:

(Dim green?) Good - excellent - excellent - excellent

35ms ping. I have had it at 18ish before and it bugs me. Sorry for the rant/moan.

Thanks

Rob

Hi, me again... I'm having a problem that seems to be bugging the hell out of me.

I have had this router since last year and when I got it it was amazing on advanced warfare on older software. Anyway I've tried messing with settings n read loads of info. This router will not let me go back to my 18ish ms connection, I have all settings I should have aswell as my router in DMZ mode (oh n nobody informed me if u reboot the duma u have to change the last digit in wan address on your isp router/modem) and my diagnostic says:

(Dim green?) Good - excellent - excellent - excellent

35ms ping. I have had it at 18ish before and it bugs me. Sorry for the rant/moan.

Thanks

Rob

My ping was a constant 12ms and lately it's more than doubled but I've always been on .6 (I got my Netduma with the newest firmware).

This issue is nothing to do with the Netduma, this is either that the 'routing' to Google's DNS has been changed or an issue with the ISP (in my case it's the latter for certain, so I'm changing ISP).

To base ping, you have to be sure that the servers you were hitting when you were on .3 are the same servers you were hitting under future upgrades.

Your base ping is what your base ping is going to be.  The router isn't going to speed up your base ping.

I switched to a VDSL line to get away from the cable TV crap and I could not be happier with the performance I am getting.  

You have had interleaving put on the line by DLM in the exchange it increases your latency to try and fix errors on your line.

It happens in 8ms depths depending on your line issue it can make your ping quite high.

2 x 8 = 16ms loss I'm having, been on to my isp and my line is fine. I'll just have to leave it as I'm out of ideas. 18ms without duma 34 ish with :/ but I get thrown into foreign lobby's with ridiculous connection without it so I suppose it does its job at a cost of adding ping. It may only be a frame or two on cod but everything counts right?

I would use ping plotter and ping a local IP say bbc.co.uk , twitter.com or 8.8.8.8 with just your ISP router in line and then with the duma in line.

If you still see an issue reboot from misc settings or a factory reset ( loosing all settings if not back up to a profile)

Archived