Ps4 lags with netduma

Hello so i bought this netduma router few days back. I play bo3 using it mostly. The only reason i spent the kind of money was because i heard when you gaming and someone else is watching videos it wont lag your game. I really needed that so i went ahead bought it and made the optimal setting as recommended for 50mbps comnection speed and 10 upload speed. However as soon someone turns on youtube or something i can feel the lag , choppy screen character gets stuck etc. As soon as they stop playing video on their device the connectiona and game is flawless again. Please help me as to what im doing wrong far as setting goes. Thank you in advance

Sorry to hear that....i just someone working for them tell me exactly what kind of setting i need to have, bc as of now the setting they recommend is not doing anything for me. How can one device playing a video effect my game that much? Whats the point of spending so much money if it cant eliminate that problem

Will turning that off not let other device use the internet? I still want them to be able to do their thing while i still enjoy good gaming connection. Sorry for sounding like a rookie, but thanks for your help.

No , it will 'dedicate' the selected percentage of your bandwidth to each device , depending on your allocation settings :)

You could always turn share excess off and give majority of your bandwith to your console so the console has it's own connection. I could give my settings but i throttle mine.

This is what works best for me.. I don't know how many devices you have on your Network, but with your speeds I'd allocate 20% to he PS4 and the remaining 80% shared equally between all other devices.. and when you're done gaming just click share excess and apply..

• Netduma Staff

Thank you i will certainly try that today, however last 2 days on netduma router page the first two tabs congestion control and host filtering wont load. Is there a way i can do something so i can enter these new info you guys recommended. Thanks

Are you using Google Chrome to load the pages?

No i actually havent entered speedtest resuluts, i just entered what i knew off my head about my connection

Z is right always enter what your speeds are,not what speeds your paying for...i.e...run a speedtest and put those numbers in as your bandwidth.

And as Crossy said make sure your running chrome.

And 70/70 is a good starting point for CC but you can adjust as no two peoples home networks are the same.

Thank you for your reply, however before i solve this issue now im stuck on updating my firmware to 1.03.5. I have another thread open in support forums but noone seem to be able to help me update to new firmware.thank you for your support but at this time i am just really frustrated and disappointed. I cant even call on phone for any help to anyone.

• Administrators

Thank you for your reply, however before i solve this issue now im stuck on updating my firmware to 1.03.5. I have another thread open in support forums but noone seem to be able to help me update to new firmware.thank you for your support but at this time i am just really frustrated and disappointed. I cant even call on phone for any help to anyone.

Responded to your PM - tried to access, connection was refused.

Archived