Does the new Ping Assist Work on Last Gen?

I guess that depends on your definition.  If by "work" you mean it will take the number you enter for your slider and connect you to games outside of your Geo-Filter that are less than or equal to that number, then yes.  Absolutely.

Well, let me caveat that as I haven't personally tested every game.  Yes, the ping assist will work on last gen consoles as far as I know.  Is there a specific game in question?

I played a ton of Black Ops 2 and Black Ops [1] with it on both the 360 and the PS3 and never encountered an issue.

Have you tried any games like mw3? Im just asking because it seems to work fine on my xbox one,but when i try to use it on 360 i can never find games.

MW3 is an old game man, you are probably going to have to go REALLY large with your Geo-Filter, or use a HIGH ping assist given the player count.

When I would play BO1, I would have to include most of the Western US to get games regularly.

EDIT:  Additional thought.  If you have a ton of poorly rated P2P hosts, you are going to find it even harder to find older hosts playing the game that aren't hackers/cheaters or otherwise just guys with shitty internet who can't play the new games.  You may have to drastically change your Deny/Allow settings for a game that far in the past IF you have been rating a lot of P2P hosts poorly.

I suppose the other option is to just shrink the Geo Filter to around your house, fire up the match making and wait for them to populate the lobby with you as host.  Depending on the player count, and the availability of hosts closer to the players in that count, it could take five minutes or five hours.

Archived