BO 3 Lobby Positions

Macca65

I have noticed, in my case that depending on where I am in the team positioning gives me an idea as to the type of game I am going to have :)

When the lobby splits into the two teams I have noticed that if I am on the extreme left of the team I have a crap game, lots of wtf moments, very negative results.

If I am on the extreme right it plays good, smooth, positive score.

Anywhere in between can give varying results, but usually decent until I get towards the left positions. :)

I have been following this now for a few weeks, and can only assume that it's because the other players have better connections to the host than me.

Has anyone experienced the same ?

i do think there is a server side/host side kind of advantage in this game for sure. Every game there is almost always one guy who is untouchable on the other team and you find that maybe one or two other players will also do well. Yet i will struggle to break even with my kdr on the opposing side. 

Next game i am on the same team as that guy and all of a sudden im a fricken murderer lol maybe even go top of the lobby above the other guy!! This is all on the french server too!!

I notice that if I have a higher countdown timer (like in AW) I tend to have better games.Now this could be all just a coincidence or a placebo but have noticed this for quite awhile.

Might be something.might be nothing

I notice that if I have a higher countdown timer (like in AW) I tend to have better games.Now this could be all just a coincidence or a placebo but have noticed this for quite awhile.

Placebo or not I've always felt the same way.

Yeah I feel the same. Noticed it in AW and also now.  If it's a placebo it works wonders :P

This may tie directly into something Zennon brought up early in some testing the #Canaries were doing.

His initial theory was if you were in a lobby, and had a good game, then stayed in that same lobby, they would import players to better balance the odds.  The results were the odds were QUICKLY stacked against you in a repeat lobby.

I did some testing on this with 'STRICT' mode off on the PS4.  One night I had a decent game (by non Duma standards) on the Seattle dedi, ended the game and left that lobby for another as Combine was the vote and well, it's fucking Combine.   :(

Next match I was put in against a three man party from [nUkE] clan on Fringe.  Our side of the lobby absolutely raped them and they rage quit out after about 3 minutes when the score was to the point that the lead was more than they had scored.  The next lobby I was back in Seattle again.

Now it could have been a fluke.  That was the only time I noticed it, but it was also one of the only times I was playing with with 'Strict' off, so the game could do whatever the hell it wanted.  

I've adopted the "play one and done" lobby rule unless I'm in a party or the lobby was REALLY good.

YMMV,

JD

Well now we have 2 more things to keep track of while gaming.WTF ever happened to just turning on your console and playing... :D

Forgot to tell you in my earlier post Macca but good find on that.I'll keep an eye on that also.

And glad to see your still gaming and didn't give it up... ;)

Well now we have 2 more things to keep track of while gaming.WTF ever happened to just turning on your console and playing... :D

That went out the window when I got the R1, it's more like mission control getting into a game now :P

Archived