How to diagnose ISP ping issues

iAmMoDBoX

I really don't care if I loose all my saved allowed/denied hosts, those are easy to add  The worst part is losing all the named devices.  I'll have to figure out which IP belongs to which device...with 25 connected devices  it's going to be a huge pain.

I have a small note book wit mac addresses and assigned IP's that I keep for everything. I'm anal with things like that but it helps when you need to know what stuff is. 

• 4 months later...

So im,seeing and reading a lot that i am also,concerned about. The main issue may be that my R1 is on an older version, but it may be the fact they didnt rewire my isp modem so its in an office behind the garage on the opposite side of the house, and so At&t put a Netgear wallplug range extender thing which is in my living room, and which of course is what i have my R1 plugged into (so that it is not in theoffice/garage). What i dont understand is should i just unplug the range extender and attempt to wire my R1 to the true ISP modem or is the range extneder not the issue? Ive realized since i first posted this post yu can tag pictures unless its a link, but ill just jot down the four ping tests i have taken.

The tests are as follows, 2 of which are from my at&t router and 2 are from the Netduma:

Speed tests on my At&t modem are as follows (with the Netgear range extender ON and the R1 pluggedinto the Netgear range extender)

Down 11.54, Up 1.22, Ping 25

Down11.43, Up 1.21, Ping 28

Speed tests from the R1 plugged into the Netgear Range extender;

Down 2.58, Up 0.46, Ping 30

Down 1.56, Up 0.56, Ping 30

All tests were done on my Samsung galaxy s5 with the speedtest application for phones that the Netduma Control Panel reffered me to use to test my speeds. I plan on giving the one link you have posted in this forum a run tomorrow to see if i get,the same speeds.

My Issues/questions are what is the MAIN ISSUE? Is it the fact my Netduma is running on an older version (1.03.3), is it the Netgear range extender that i have my R1 plugged into, or is it just AT&T screwing me over? I cant even stay on the COD: BO3 game mode selection page without getting DC'ed from BO3 servers.... i want to kms, lol this shit sucks, please help!

Archived