Do we need browser open?

dionysus

Ok have had this on my mind for a week or so do we need to have the browser open all the time in order for the geo filter and cc to work?

I was playing bo3 last night and had my geo set finished playing powered down laptop and hit the hay. Today I was trying to find games on fifa with the laptop powered down but it wouldn't put me into a lobby. When I turned on laptop opened chrome and disabled the geo it found a game straight away.

Does the r1 remember your settings and search for lobbies based on your settings if chrome isn't even open? :o

There may be certain servers you need to connect too for xbox live to work correctly,sometimes if I fire up xbox and try signing in with strict enabled and small geo filter it won't let me sign in,you are best turning on xbox with geo disabled fire up the game you wanna play then once in multiplayer enable you're geo filter

I always have my Surface Pro 3 turned on and running Chrome to my Netduma R1 so I can monitor what's going on.

​As for your question, usually the Netduma remembers the settings, so it isn't exactly a must to run a laptop or a PC with the Netduma but it sure as heck don't hurt. :)

My new tactic is to NEVER open the page anymore, was spending too much of my attention watching what was going on with the duma and not concentrating on the game. :)

These days I just dial in my settings shut down the browser and don't touch it again till I'm done with my gaming session.

My new tactic is to NEVER open the page anymore, was spending too much of my attention watching what was going on with the duma and not concentrating on the game. :)

These days I just dial in my settings shut down the browser and don't touch it again till I'm done with my gaming session.

It's very hard to do. Especially when you feel the game "slipping". You're 100% right though. I spend way too much time tweaking, looking, complaining, etc.

Archived