I WANT a player host!

shizz812

From my experience since using the Netduma, i find player hosts much better then dedi's which brings me to a theory, i beleive that one of the reasons older cods seem to be better lag and hit detection wise, is because they use predominately player hosts. Hence why ghosts and black ops 2 seem better now as i assume the dedis are reserved for the latest call of duty release. I can get a really good ping to some dedis like 8-15ms but still seem to experience iffy hit detection and die around corners, yet to a player host with 20-30ms ping game is spot on kill/death wise. Maybe the 2-3 bar players mess with the dedi's connection somehow?

Im getting around 30ms on my dedi's, its a shame but i think player host is dead forever :( i cant get any only dedi's.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also noticed the change... I cant seem to connect to anything else besides dedis... How would blocking dedis be harmful?

Blocking dedis would've harmful because as you can see from reading this, the game pretty much runs on them. If you had the ability to block them, it would take much longer to find matches because everyone else is playing on them. And you wouldn't be. You'd be in isolation from everyone else.

But maybe in .8, not have the ability to block all dedicated servers ie, an off/on switch but maybe just rate them like any other host. I can imagine the troubleshooting nightmare it could cause for the Duma team if people where having terrible matches because they blocked themselves from all the servers. But I feel there is a common ground that can be reached somewhere. I have all the faith in the world that they will find it because they're awesome.

I actually think its the matchmaking screwing the dedi's up, i often see people in the dedi lobbies that shouldnt be, i mean if they are 2 or 3 bar then they must be degrading the quality of the dedi's connection to everyone, if matchmaking was working correctly then they shouldn't be connecting to the same dedi as everyone else. Never seems to be a problem in game when everyone has 4 bars, which isn't very often.

Last night was the FIRST night i played with lag (skipping) over the place.. however i had two clowns on the other team with 1 bars.. i considered busting out my lag switch i made for the ps2 hahaha

Guest Netduma Fraser

Last night was the FIRST night i played with lag (skipping) over the place.. however i had two clowns on the other team with 1 bars.. i considered busting out my lag switch i made for the ps2 hahaha

Hey Jman, I know you're joking but we don't condone or promote cheating. So please dont mention that again on the forum otherwise I'll have to edit the post. Not having a go at you just letting you know :)

I actually get the same one pretty much all the time, the problem for me is the dedi is 500+km's away from me.

I used to prefer having player hosts but it's the game stopping us from it, I'd guess that those of us with the DLC are suffering from this more than those without the DLC.

How do you think it would go if we uninstalled the DLC?

Ive actually been saying this for about a month, thst m only on dedis and player hosts play better. I actually got on a player host last night and it was at 50ms ping and it played amazingly. That was the first aw player host I've seen in weeks, I think they have rolled out more dedis and now prioritize connecting to them. I really feel if we get a cloud that is without dedis it will be short lived because it would probably take an extremely long time to find a game. Idk if you've noticed but it seems the match making connects you to someone that is in your filter, but whom is on a dedicated server. When that server is out of range, you get the boot. I'm afraid Activision and sledgehammer are unknowingly giving us a bad experience.

Just doing some testing, and what I noticed is after about 10 very bad matches it started to connect me to player host. My GF was off but I could still see what was going on. When I would try to use GF even after a lot of bad matches, it would connect me to a player host then it would change right after the loading screen to the dedi in Washington state. (which is the one it always put me on. 

I'm always connected to a player host in pregame lobby but once the match starts it always switches to a dedi. Last night, just for one match it didn't switch and I played on a player host and I proceeded to go 38-11 in TDM. Lol

Well guy's I think I mentioned this in another thread, that was talking about pretty much the same thing a couple week's back. When COD AW first launched on pretty much all consoles, the online multiplayer was using strictly p2p hosts for all games. I'm guessing some of you guy's don't remember all the host migration's that was happening when this game first came out? This happen the same way for cod ghosts last year on the next gen systems.

The first month, or so, of each game p2p hosts were used a lot. The reasoning behind it, this gives the guy's at activision an ideal on how many people are playing there game online. So they can get a ideal on the number of dedi servers they will need to handle things. This is a common thing to do, as they don't play the guessing game, and spend more then they have to on servers not needed. However unlike COD Ghosts, COD AW has started to be very strict on forcing everyone playing multiplayer onto dedicated servers when a match starts. On COD Ghosts, they still used p2p host's often, and that isn't the case with AW. That isn't to say it is impossible to play on a p2p host, it's just highly unlikely to play on a p2p host at this point.

I'm always connected to a player host in pregame lobby but once the match starts it always switches to a dedi. Last night, just for one match it didn't switch and I played on a player host and I proceeded to go 38-11 in TDM. Lol

thats because it matchmakes to a player that is close to you, and then you get thrown into the server that they are on.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Roads have you got "Xbox Live PA" or "Playstation network PA" selected instead of the older ones? If not please make sure you are.

If you are you may want to reduce your ping assist! 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Yeah roads, always pick PA versions the other ones are currently obsolete. If you don't like PA still pick them but set it to 0ms. Cheers man!

@Raddy, I think I get the same hosts with the occasional one in Germany. South coast UK and Northern France.

I get the south coast UK one, but I never leave the UK! I have my settings so tight that I don't allow myself to be connected outside the UK! I did have my geo-filter set into Northen France, but the Dedi there gives me awful connection!  I have indifferent experiences with the Dedi in the UK, sometimes it can have amazing connection for me, and the very next day it can be awful!

So please just correct me if im wrong. We fought for dedis for years, and now that they are finally being deployed in numbers we have realized that p2p>dedis. Is this a phenomenon that can be confirmed by the duma team? Please dont tell me we're gonna have to remove foot from mouth and ask activision and company to go back to p2p.

I think the dedis would be better than p2p if you could choose the dedi that you wanted to connect to and if there were dedicated servers close enough to you that you could get a decent ping. The way that it currently works, people get thrown into the same lobby from all over the world and it makes the whole game run like crap. For me, player hosts tend to give me better games because the closest dedis are much further than the closest player hosts that I can find.

Archived