I WANT a player host!

shizz812

Unlike most people, I have had nothing but excellent matches when connected to a player host. I play with dedis 99% of the time. I've moved my home all over North America and have literally not had a dedicated server 3 times. Since I can see the padlocks, I pretty much know where the dedis are(I understand that's not exactly what the padlocks are and that they are matches it tried to connect me to outside of my geofilter range)  but it's almost like I can't get into a match until one is inside my geofilter. I understand what I'm asking is difficult to do because quite frankly, it goes against everything the duma stands for, but I feel that someone must know of a place where they constantly have player host. I can't be the only person that has good experiences with them. By the way, not complaining at all; I love my router. I would just like to have the option not to connect to a server and have a human host. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been having the same experience since I started using the Duma. Wish I could connect just to player host. I have my geo filter set to 1000 miles with 50ms PA

In my experience, the dedicated serves has really taken over in just the past two weeks. It was awesome before that.

In my experience, the dedicated serves has really taken over in just the past two weeks. It was awesome before that.

Right. And I know we can't block them because it would do more harm than good, but I feel there has to be something that can be done. I even tried to limit my connection speed using congestion control down to 10% of my total speed because I had heard to be on a dedicated server, you have to have a a minimal amount of connection. That still didn't work. Still on the dedis.

I also noticed the change... I cant seem to connect to anything else besides dedis... How would blocking dedis be harmful? 

so you were playing on p2p before all the time? something mustve changed then

Yeah I noticed this for Advanced Warfare, when I first got the R1, it was all player hosted servers and the game was actually better lol.

Sledgehammer must have reacted to the negativity about the SBMM pairing people up from different countries so in their "wisdom" they assumed if everyone was on Dedi's it'd be a better experience for them.

Suffice to say, they were wrong, very wrong.

I think the game has always had dedi's.. the Duma crew has been finding many of them, thanks to us gamers. Just give it time, things may be rough at times but will be for the best eventually! SBMM..on the other hand.. is broken

Yes dedis for me all the time, as others say they are still better than without the Duma but i have never had a player host as i have only had the Duma a few days. My friend got one over a month ago and he was getting insane 8-10ms player host games. There must be a way to override the dedis.

I am getting around 80% of my games on dedicated servers and to me they are worse than player hosts too but, On the same server one game I struggle (but not as bad as before as I am not connecting to a dedi in outer mongolia) then the same server I have a great game.

In the DLC update they must've done something that enabled dedicated servers only because since then I have yet to play on a single player host. What's been working for me is setting my location in the ocean and putting ping assist on ~50 ms and letting it find players. I usually get on a pretty decent connection that way.

In the DLC update they must've done something that enabled dedicated servers only because since then I have yet to play on a single player host. What's been working for me is setting my location in the ocean and putting ping assist on ~50 ms and letting it find players. I usually get on a pretty decent connection that way.

I have tried this but still end up on a dedi in UK or France, may i ask where do you live and which part of the ocean do you refer to, near your home location or any ocean.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Although it looks like the same one, there are usually loads on the same spot. The new version has IDs so you can identify them. We will look into alternatives.

I have tried this but still end up on a dedi in UK or France, may i ask where do you live and which part of the ocean do you refer to, near your home location or any ocean.

Any ocean... And that is the point of ping assist, the ping to the dedi might be low and just located in the wrong place. For example, I am in New York and I ping 15 ms to a dedi in Seattle 5,000+ KM away from me. That is simply impossible no matter how good the server is. So it is located in the wrong place on the map, but the game still plays pretty smooth. Not as smooth as a player host, but not as bad as some dedi's I've been put into.

Any ocean... And that is the point of ping assist, the ping to the dedi might be low and just located in the wrong place. For example, I am in New York and I ping 15 ms to a dedi in Seattle 5,000+ KM away from me. That is simply impossible no matter how good the server is. So it is located in the wrong place on the map, but the game still plays pretty smooth. Not as smooth as a player host, but not as bad as some dedi's I've been put into.

I just tried and did get a different server but guess what it was dedicated lol but still not bad the hit detection was great still. Do you have strict mode enabled or disabled.

I actually get the same one pretty much all the time, the problem for me is the dedi is 500+km's away from me.

I used to prefer having player hosts but it's the game stopping us from it, I'd guess that those of us with the DLC are suffering from this more than those without the DLC.

The dedis are hit and miss I think it comes down to that one player who connects and just ruins the connection,I got the duma 1 week before Christmas and it was nothing but player hosts on AW,the connection was the greatest thing I had ever experienced on the xbox one,I've heard that playing blops 2 is also amazing but once again that will be full of player hosts

I just tried and did get a different server but guess what it was dedicated lol but still not bad the hit detection was great still. Do you have strict mode enabled or disabled.

I keep strict mode enabled so I only let ping assist find me a good host. Generally I connect to dedis with 15ms ping and the connection is playable. Not amazing, there is still some bs, but no where near as bad if you just did a search for a game without the R1

Ive actually been saying this for about a month, thst m only on dedis and player hosts play better. I actually got on a player host last night and it was at 50ms ping and it played amazingly. That was the first aw player host I've seen in weeks, I think they have rolled out more dedis and now prioritize connecting to them. I really feel if we get a cloud that is without dedis it will be short lived because it would probably take an extremely long time to find a game. Idk if you've noticed but it seems the match making connects you to someone that is in your filter, but whom is on a dedicated server. When that server is out of range, you get the boot. I'm afraid Activision and sledgehammer are unknowingly giving us a bad experience.

Ive actually been saying this for about a month, thst m only on dedis and player hosts play better. I actually got on a player host last night and it was at 50ms ping and it played amazingly. That was the first aw player host I've seen in weeks, I think they have rolled out more dedis and now prioritize connecting to them. I really feel if we get a cloud that is without dedis it will be short lived because it would probably take an extremely long time to find a game. Idk if you've noticed but it seems the match making connects you to someone that is in your filter, but whom is on a dedicated server. When that server is out of range, you get the boot. I'm afraid Activision and sledgehammer are unknowingly giving us a bad experience

.I think you have hit the nail on the head there my dear boy :), it seems like that we are going to have to live with it on AW.

From my experience since using the Netduma, i find player hosts much better then dedi's which brings me to a theory, i beleive that one of the reasons older cods seem to be better lag and hit detection wise, is because they use predominately player hosts. Hence why ghosts and black ops 2 seem better now as i assume the dedis are reserved for the latest call of duty release. I can get a really good ping to some dedis like 8-15ms but still seem to experience iffy hit detection and die around corners, yet to a player host with 20-30ms ping game is spot on kill/death wise. Maybe the 2-3 bar players mess with the dedi's connection somehow?

Archived