Geo filter

Blackbeast30

Hi I had the old net duma I just bought the xr700 the duma is not showing anybody but myself and my party when we play no host or no other players......... it shows me and that’s it if I’m in a group on the game it will show my party and that’s it can you please let me know what’s going on I paid way to much money for this not to be working 

the reason you cant see other people is because the dedicated server hides the IP addresses of other players, this was likely because of blackout, you should still, however, see the dedicated server/ host. as of right now there is no possible way for the netduma team to help you with this unfortunately, this feature may come back in later cods from now. As for the host problem, even if the host doesnt show up, you will still find a lobby inside your set filter range so it shouldn't be an issue

• Administrators

Can you not see the host at all? What have you added in the top Device panel on the Geo-Filter?

Make sure you have Auto Ping Host enabled (set this in your Geo-Filter Map options). What does the host domain name appear as when you're in a game?

Sable so I just have to take the word that it is inside my filter range......... how do I know that .......... my last duma would pick up host outside my range all the time but I would block the host so it wouldn’t do that now I have no idea who or were the host is ..... I paid 500.00 for this duma it should be working 

• Netduma Staff

Are you certain that the peer you're seeing on the map isn't the host of the game? Some dedicated servers are not identified as such so they'll sometimes show up as peers. It looks like that host is in San Francisco or somewhere like that, which is often where dedicated servers are.

If you know for sure it's your friend then this is a pretty strange one. Make sure you zoom out fully on the map and see if there's a server elsewhere that you're connecting to - your host should definitely be showing somewhere on the map.

Yes it’s me in Southern California and when my buddies get on and we get in a party we r all Rt next to each other....... it’s not a server or host it’s me ....... I paid a lot of money for this not to be working........ is it possible that ps4 and call of duty is blocked your duma down and not letting it work the way it’s supposed to I plugged my old one in and it dose the same on cod4

• Administrators

Quoting from Netduma Admin, try after this: 

Hi everyone. We have just made a large Cloud update. This will improve IP location of all devices and all games. These changes will automatically install on your router within the next 24 hours, but if you would like to force your Cloud to update, please do the following:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 45 second for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if you see a message that says '"Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App" - this is just a default popup that appears when something is taking a while to complete on DumaOS. Just clear the message and wait another 30 seconds for the new Cloud to complete its installation in the background
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart your game

Don't worry if a server sometimes shows as a 'Peer' - there are still servers that we have not yet been categorised as servers. This will be something we tackle in the future but it is a purely visual benefit so don't sweat too hard if they're showing as peers.

We will announce this more publicly once we have feedback from you that things are looking good.

• Administrators

Hi everyone. We have just made a large Cloud update. This will improve IP location of all devices and all games. These changes will automatically install on your router within the next 24 hours, but if you would like to force your Cloud to update, please do the following:

• Go to your Geo-Filter
  • Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  • Click 'Flush Cloud'
  • Wait about 30 seconds - 45 second for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if you see a message that says '"Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App" - this is just a default popup that appears when something is taking a while to complete on DumaOS. Just clear the message and wait another 30 seconds for the new Cloud to complete its installation in the background
  • Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  • Now restart your game

Don't worry if a server sometimes shows as a 'Peer' - there are still servers that we have not yet been categorised as servers. This will be something we tackle in the future but it is a purely visual benefit so don't sweat too hard if they're showing as peers.

We will announce this more publicly once we have feedback from you that things are looking good.

• Netduma Staff
16 hours ago, Blackbeast30 said:

I don’t get what ur last post was didn’t say anything just try after this

Fraser accidentally copied the text from the 'dark' forum theme, so the text was white instead of black! :) let us know how Frasers suggestion goes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, Blackbeast30 said:

Hi  jack the me duma is still not working it only shows myself or if I’m in a party it shows them .... no servers no others people.......

Don't worry, this is expected behaviour. You're on Black Ops 4 on PS4. That version of the game encrypts user IP's in such a way that they won't appear on the Geo-Filter. Only the server or other party members should appear - it's just something Black Ops 4 has implemented for that console. On Xbox it's different :)

You'll still get the lowest ping possible, seeing other players isn't that handy anyway. It's ultimately the host that you can control.