I think port forwarding has saved my black ops experience.

talbyfish

OK people, av had duma r1 since day one and i have always have to force peer to peer connections on cod since ghosts to get a decent game. After updating to dumaos I still have a problem playing on servers I ping 12ms too. Shoot first and still die first, am blaming the lag comp becouse the kill cam says different to what happened in game. 

Anyway I tried portforwarding last night and the game played well on the 12ms server, dont know why or how it just did. Dont know if its gonna be the same today but i just thought i would shae this with you all.  

Nat was always open anyway so I dont know how this has helped???

Anyone with the same problem wanna give it a try and see if it helps?

If you can get the "BO4" to actually say "Open Nat" in the settings I find it much easier to find games and get better quality games.  However even with port forwarding it's so hit and miss for me with the gaming saying "Open nat".  It's almost like the Open nat in game doesn't hold.

What ports did you end up forwarding? Anything outside the normal?

• Netduma Staff

Interesting... This could be a placebo effect - it's more likely that the game itself changed at around about the same time you set up Port Forwarding. The improvements on the Treyarch server side aligned with what you inputted, making it seem like Port Forwarding improved your experience.

That's just my opinion though, but in my experience Port Forwarding cannot physically improve your connection if you already have an open NAT. Interesting stuff though!

10 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Interesting... This could be a placebo effect - it's more likely that the game itself changed at around about the same time you set up Port Forwarding. The improvements on the Treyarch server side aligned with what you inputted, making it seem like Port Forwarding improved your experience.

That's just my opinion though, but in my experience Port Forwarding cannot physically improve your connection if you already have an open NAT. Interesting stuff though!

nat was ooen on xbox live but moderate in game. now they both open...

sorry only way i could get the picture available...

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

Moderate nat is back.  BO4 is so sensitive lol

Eesh. Isn't it just. So what's the setup you're currently using to try and get an open NAT? Are you port forwarding / using UPnP? Are you using your Modems DMZ?

• 6 months later...

Does the moderate NAT result just appear in the game, or does it also appear in your PS4's network status in the settings menu? If it's only inside the game, you probably don't need to worry. The in-game NAT is very picky and can give you a false result if you're using the Geo-Filter. The important one is what your PS4 system software says your NAT is!