Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Random disconnects with wired connection

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts
  • Local time: 01:05 PM

if IPv6 isn't fully supported, then why is it even an option? shouldn't these issues have been worked out before releasing the ability to use it?

IPv6 maybe required by some ISPs so it's good to have it as an option. You can use it but just some features are not compatible atm, they will be compatible soon!

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Disabled IPv6 and updated firmware but still encountered the issue. 

Will factory reset tomorrow and see how it goes. 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

Okay let us know, I'll reach out to Netgear Devs tomorrow and see if theres any progress.

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Finished up the factory reset. Just assigning IPs etc and it should be good to go. 

I'll keep you posted. Came home today and my wired devices were down again so it seems to happen randomly. 

Side question, is there any way to completely export all my router settings? Didn't know if that was possible so people could save time. 

Also, is there an R-App for total usage? I know there is one for total packets but I feel like there is one for total usage which I may have missed. 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

Great, thanks for letting me know.

This should backup most of your settings: Settings > Administration > Backup Settings > Backup

If you enable Traffic Meter here that should give you total usage: Settings > Monitoring > Traffic Meter

Time Converter

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Perfect, knew I was overlooking something. 

Thanks for the help, everything fine so far but I'll keep an eye out for any unplanned downtime. 

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Okay so...it still disconnects. 

Came home today and while the wireless was working fine, my desktop was reportedly connected to an "unidentified network". 

Again, unplugging/replugging the power cable instantly solved it but it's certainly frustrating.

This is with most recent firmware, IPv6 disabled and a factory reset.

SoCal951

SoCal951

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 05:05 AM
  • LocationRiverside, Ca
I had a similar issue on a similar router. Wired would disconnect but wireless was fine. By default my mtu was set to 1500. Try doing a ping test. My optimal mtu was actually 1444 +28= 1472. I haven't had a dissconect since. Worth a try anyway.

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Just happened again. If this keeps up I'll have to switch to an older router. 

I'll check the MTU out. 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

You've definitely got the issue I reported to Netgear, I asked them for an update yesterday. I couldn't get it much so strange that yours happens so much. Try the MTU and let us know. Otherwise would you be happy next week for Netgear engineers to access your PC/router overnight if I can get them to do so? 

Time Converter

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Checked MTU but apparently it is already optimal according to the ping test and adding 28 (according to Netgear site).

Not sure if I want someone accessing my PC but I could send them my router logs etc if that will help? 

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 630 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Checked MTU but apparently it is already optimal according to the ping test and adding 28 (according to Netgear site).

Not sure if I want someone accessing my PC but I could send them my router logs etc if that will help? 

Thanks - that would be helpful.

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Just let me know the best way to save them and get them to you. Not sure if the info needs to be kept private etc. 

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 630 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

There shouldn’t be anything private so you can upload screenshots here. But if you prefer, you can email [email protected]

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Just disconnected and have email you guys the entire log. Not sure how useful it will be but fingers crossed.

Email from the router didn't come through (guessing wrong SMTP on my end) but have thrown it into a .docx

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

Thanks Achilles, we'll pass it on to the Developers to take a look at.

Time Converter

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Any update?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

I chased them again today and asked for instructions for helping with diagnosis should it happen again so hopefully will hear back before next week

Time Converter

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Alright sounds good, appreciate you guys looking into this. 

I actually had spell where it didn't occur for almost a week but then happened three times today. 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

That's disappointing. I'll chase it daily and keep you updated. Make a back up of your settings using the feature so you don't have to keep redoing them

Time Converter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users