connection issues

DAKOTADOCKALL

contact your isp and let them know the issue. ive used it several times and notice problems and told my isp about it most of the time its been a outage in my area. try different cables or reset your modem and duma and give it a shot 

while talking with my isp i tested it again and they said theirs nothing wrong on their end. ill test it a few more days and see what happens 

They will always say nothing is wrong on their end, even if the cable plant was on fire and burning down lol

Use pingplotter on a wired PC to test more accurately and then show your ISP the results. Post them here as well so we can take a look.

https://www.pingplotter.com/manual/90_second_overview.html

okay  I Am MoD BoX i let it run for around 10 mins like it said and it shows i have packet loss i pinged google.com heres the results. im going to see if its my modem ill go buy a new one in a few days if you have any suggestions that works with my isp please let me know i have a arris surfboard sbg6580 at the moment i want to get one thats a modem only if the helps any.

post-15217-0-98091300-1506483341_thumb.png

okay  I Am MoD BoX i let it run for around 10 mins like it said and it shows i have packet loss i pinged google.com heres the results. im going to see if its my modem ill go buy a new one in a few days if you have any suggestions that works with my isp please let me know i have a arris surfboard sbg6580 at the moment i want to get one thats a modem only if the helps any.

Who is your ISP? What speeds do you pay for?

I personally HATE Arris products after testing them and seeing the chipset issues they have. Arris doesn't seem to care about it's customers and are still selling buggy and broken modems.

You should always try to stay away from modem/router combos.

I like the TP-Link TC-7610 but it depends on your ISP and speeds.

I Am MoD BoX the ISP that i have is cable one and the speeds i have are 200/10. yea i hate that i have a modem/router combo but thats all they had at the time.im going to look further  into the problem but if you still have any recommends i could use all the help with my problem.  

i just called up my isp and talked to them about all the packet loss again and they said 2 pack loss anit a problem and said they cant do anything unless it worse then 4% pack loss so im going to get the modem yo talked about above and test it out thanks for the help if you have anything else to add id appreciate it. 

i just called up my isp and talked to them about all the packet loss again and they said 2 pack loss anit a problem and said they cant do anything unless it worse then 4% pack loss so im going to get the modem yo talked about above and test it out thanks for the help if you have anything else to add id appreciate it. 

Stay on your ISP about the issues your having.I literally called every other day and had a tech come out every other day until they finally said they weren't sending out a tech anymore,so I went and sat in their office until someone would talk to me...long story short cops got called,I had to leave etc.

The point I'm trying to  make is you gotta stay on them cuz as MoD said they will never admit the issue is on their end.Before you have a tech come out compile some PP graphs to show where and what the issues you are having are, it sometimes helps but your milage may vary.

Best of luck to you

i think im going to have to do that my isp is really trash ill keep at them. also if a tech comes out and they dont find anything wrong they charge a extra 70 dollars to the next payment lol.

Then you call and cancel and they'll credit you rather than lose a customer. Prepare for a long and hard fight with credits and techs coming every call and doing nothing. I think I went through about 30 of their modems because every tech would come and swap my modem.

I have a tech coming out friday so ill reply back to this post when everything sorted out till then thanks for the help.

It could literally be a 2 minute fix with a bad cable somewhere in the house causing a problem. Since it seems to be random, some ping tests show perfect ping and others show horrible ping and packet loss, have the tech test the signal multiple times

alright iv always asked the tech to put in a new line but said its not needed but ill insist this time just to be sure even if it cost more money on the next payment just to be sure.

Man I got them to rewire my whole street without paying a dime lol I told them if you dare charge me one time for YOUR problem I'm cancelling my service and the tech would always put down some excuse so they didn't charge me for a service call. They kept insisting on sending a tech to my house, when I was  insisting it was a problem outside my house. Sure enough a year later it was an amp feeding my street that was full of water causing noise on the lines for about 500 people. I was the only one complaining though.

• Netduma Staff

wow thats insane im going to say the same thing to them and see if they do it theres a small chance the wont since there the only isp with good speeds where i live. i will get somthing done before WW2 comes out in NOV.

Good luck contacting your ISP; they will be reluctant to accept that the issue is on their end, though the evidence you've provided so far points directly at an ISP / equipment issue.

The best evidence you can collect would be ping-plotter results directly from the Modem, as well as ping-plotter results with the Netduma connected. Please let us know how this goes.

Okay Netduma Jack this is the results from ping plotter with just the modem hooked up to my pc with a cat 6 cord. I tested 2 cords with the modem only during this too seems like packet loss no matter what ill continue after the tech comes tomorrow.  

post-15217-0-23798700-1506622647_thumb.png

post-15217-0-35678400-1506624029_thumb.png

Okay Netduma Jack this is the results from ping plotter with just the modem hooked up to my pc with a cat 6 cord. I tested 2 cords with the modem only during this too seems like packet loss no matter what ill continue after the tech comes tomorrow.  

Don't always ping to google.com

Try all different websites to show them it's not just one specific website/IP