Congestion Control (QoS) does not work with IPV6???

Okay so I have been noticing even when I have my sliders set at 70% certain speed test on certain devices I get my full speeds including the speed boost which increases my speeds for short time (Cox ISP).  However on DSL reports speed test congestion control is working, so I thought! Since in my test history my IPV6 is showing up but when the test is actually running DSL reports is actually using an IPV4 and not IPV6!

I noticed an advanced setting option on DSL reports speed test where you need to tick enable IPV6 during the test and also use an non secure connection (HTTP not HTTPS) and then it will use true IPV6!  When I run speed test this way I get a C Rating for buffer bloat everytime. So all this time CC is not working with IPV6 but only with IPV4 connections!

Anyway is this a known bug?  Anyway to resolve it besides disabling IPV6?

How will this effect gaming when using IPV6 on Xbox one?  SInce any IPV4 connection I have an A rating for BB but C rating on an IPV6 connection.

Okay so I have been noticing even when I have my sliders set at 70% certain speed test on certain devices I get my full speeds including the speed boost which increases my speeds for short time (Cox ISP).  However on DSL reports speed test congestion control is working, so I thought! Since in my test history my IPV6 is showing up but when the test is actually running DSL reports is actually using an IPV4 and not IPV6!

I noticed an advanced setting option on DSL reports speed test where you need to tick enable IPV6 during the test and also use an non secure connection (HTTP not HTTPS) and then it will use true IPV6!  When I run speed test this way I get a C Rating for buffer bloat everytime. So all this time CC is not working with IPV6 but only with IPV4 connections!

Anyway is this a known bug?  Anyway to resolve it besides disabling IPV6?

How will this effect gaming when using IPV6 on Xbox one?  SInce any IPV4 connection I have an A rating for BB but C rating on an IPV6 connection.

I had a similar problem, when uploading to YouTube on Firefox my CC settings weren't working. But when uploading on Chrome they worked fine. After months of blaming the router, it ended up being an issue with my modem (or my modem's compatibility with the router's qos)

Why do you need IPV6 anyway?

I had a similar problem, when uploading to YouTube on Firefox my CC settings weren't working. But when uploading on Chrome they worked fine. After months of blaming the router, it ended up being an issue with my modem (or my modem's compatibility with the router's qos)

Why do you need IPV6 anyway?

When you were using ipv6, you had this issue?

I don't need ipv6, but my isp offers it, it eliminates any nat issues. And from what I read supposed to help with latency.

When you were using ipv6, you had this issue?

I don't need ipv6, but my isp offers it, it eliminates any nat issues. And from what I read supposed to help with latency.

No I've always had it off because it wasn't compatible with my Asus router either. Comcast offers it, but I didn't notice any difference with it on or off besides my router (Asus) throwing a bunch of weird errors.

Here are 2 speed test, one using ipv4 protocol and one using ipv6 protocol. No changes were made on router from test to test. CC is not working on ipv6. Curious how this effects game play since Xbox one supports ipv6?

post-10147-0-17361200-1493606659_thumb.jpeg

post-10147-0-35945500-1493606674_thumb.jpeg

what console are you gaming from?.........if it is ps4 then ps4 and ps4 pro does not support ipv6, but xbox one does!

64306cebb4be49f0b9ba253b19157855.png

I went and enabled IPv6 to test... I assume you tested to speedtest.comcast.net which is where I tested also because it seems like DSLreports is inconsistent with their IPv6 test.

It does indeed seem to be ignoring congestion control for upload. I tested in firefox. You can see the 60-70ms spike in the middle when it was uploading. Simple solution? Turn off IPv6. Besides the ping spike, my speedtest was cut in half. Literally no benefit to using IPv6 from what I can see.

I remember mentioning this somewhere,I had ipv6 left enabled on the netduma,had my sliders at 70 70 and I remember installing a game,it was downloading at 50mb (my full speeds),played with the sliders turned them all the way down to 10% each and still downloaded at full speed,think there is a bug somewhere but as I never really tested it I never put it down to a ipv6 issue,I will disable ipv6 and test later

• Administrators

Interesting. The only advice I have for this is make sure IPv6 is enabled in all three places, LAN, WAN and Misc settings. Also ensure devices IPs are within the specified DHCP range. If still doesn't work that sounds like a bug.

I remember mentioning this somewhere,I had ipv6 left enabled on the netduma,had my sliders at 70 70 and I remember installing a game,it was downloading at 50mb (my full speeds),played with the sliders turned them all the way down to 10% each and still downloaded at full speed,think there is a bug somewhere but as I never really tested it I never put it down to a ipv6 issue,I will disable ipv6 and test later

Please let us know your results, thanks!

Interesting. The only advice I have for this is make sure IPv6 is enabled in all three places, LAN, WAN and Misc settings. Also ensure devices IPs are within the specified DHCP range. If still doesn't work that sounds like a bug.

Yes I have it configured exactly like this. Bug? with the firmware or bug with my router?  So there is no solution besides disabline IPV6?  My Asus has the same issue, QoS speeds would not work with IPV6 until a few months ago when Merling did an upgrade with his firmware and fixed QoS so it would report the true speed.

I used both algorithms too with no luck.  I also noticed that since my speeds are reaching over 50Meg when the duma is using IPV6 protocol it is also ignoring what I have set in the bandwidth box in the Duma gui.

Simple solution? Turn off IPv6. Besides the ping spike, my speedtest was cut in half. Literally no benefit to using IPv6 from what I can see.

If possible I would rather not.

• Administrators

Please let us know your results, thanks!

Yes I have it configured exactly like this. Bug? with the firmware or bug with my router?  So there is no solution besides disabline IPV6?  My Asus has the same issue, QoS speeds would not work with IPV6 until a few months ago when Merling did an upgrade with his firmware and fixed QoS so it would report the true speed.

I used both algorithms too with no luck.  I also noticed that since my speeds are reaching over 50Meg when the duma is using IPV6 protocol it is also ignoring what I have set in the bandwidth box in the Duma gui.

If possible I would rather not.

Firmware bug so yes you would need to disable IPv6 for now until DumaOS. Since you have congestion control completely off for all intents and purposes (100% anti-flood etc) it will get the maximum speed available regardless of the number set in bandwidth. 

Firmware bug so yes you would need to disable IPv6 for now until DumaOS. Since you have congestion control completely off for all intents and purposes (100% anti-flood etc) it will get the maximum speed available regardless of the number set in bandwidth.

I was afraid you were going to say that. I disabled ipv6 and I'll see how it goes. Thanks!

I was afraid you were going to say that. I disabled ipv6 and I'll see how it goes. Thanks!

I had IPv6 disabled on Xbox one without any issues so it shouldn't matter

I had IPv6 disabled on Xbox one without any issues so it shouldn't matter

Yeah i agree to a point, Just one of those things that should work, if you know what i mean? Anyway. I've Only played a few games of TF2 and lag is worse with ipv6 disabled but i will hold my final judgment after i play a few days.

I tried using ipv4 last night after disabling it everywhere on the duma,ran a detailed network stats on Xbox and gave me accurate results,ipv6 was 100% giving me fill speeds even at 70 70,glad it's been found and can be sorted for dumaOS

Since I have been on the forum, I have always read to disable ipv6 everywhere. I did not ask why because my isp do not offer ipv6. But i guess this must be the reason why (IPV6 traffic breaks CC) or was it for some other reason? I have read a lot of topics on here and thinking about it, i never read why it needed to be disabled in the first place.

• Administrators

Since I have been on the forum, I have always read to disable ipv6 everywhere. I did not ask why because my isp do not offer ipv6. But i guess this must be the reason why (IPV6 traffic breaks CC) or was it for some other reason? I have read a lot of topics on here and thinking about it, i never read why it needed to be disabled in the first place.

Required to obtain higher speeds if you have them

Well the past 3 days with IPV6 disabled, both my son and I have been seeing a lag in TF2.  I think I am going to re-enable IPV6 and see if it is any better.  I rarely see lag in TF2 so not sure if coincidence or not but I don't like it! lol.

My household is not a huge bandwidth hog so CC may not even me needed since my line is probably rarely saturated.

Titanfall 2!

I have been researching how my ISP Cox comm implements IPV6 and they use dual stack.  They stated they are fully set up to support both IPV6 and IPV4 but very little information on how that effects XBL.  So decided just to do my own real world testing for now.