Duma interface really slow

hey guys my firmware is 1.03.6g

very recently whenever i use the duma page everything is super slow to load so if i were too click on host filtering page or congestion control it take nearly 1-2 mins before the screen would actually load up,

my set up is isp modem > R1 > everything else

i had done actory reset thinking that it could fix it which it did for a day then went slow again, tried using both 64-bit and 32-bit google chrome conected wirelessly straight to R1 and still slow, this has only happened recently and cant understand why its happening any help would be apreciated 

• Netduma Staff

The problem is caused by a port-forwarding conflict; if you have UPnP enabled, and you're port-forwarding too, this will cause the interface to slow down.

Thanks for letting us know your firmware version and set-up; if you could tell us whether you have UPnP enabled and whether you're port-forwarding, we can narrow down your issue.

Other causes in the past have been browser versions and browser extensions; make sure you use Chrome or Firefox, and don't have any cache related extensions enabled. Try clearing your Netduma cache as well.

Just another observation: I do NOT port forward - but I did change my MTU and this caused my interface to hang and also cause an error on the misc page. I only changed it down to 1492 temporarily to monitor pingplotter.

Also on 1.03.6g

The problem is caused by a port-forwarding conflict; if you have UPnP enabled, and you're port-forwarding too, this will cause the interface to slow down.

Thanks for letting us know your firmware version and set-up; if you could tell us whether you have UPnP enabled and whether you're port-forwarding, we can narrow down your issue.

Other causes in the past have been browser versions and browser extensions; make sure you use Chrome or Firefox, and don't have any cache related extensions enabled. Try clearing your Netduma cache as well.

I tested the port forwarding I'm on 1.03.6 I disabled UPNP and it still gave a slow user interface GUI after one game of IW

I disabled UPNP before entering the ports to clarify and still same result

I figured out how to clear up some congestion lag in IW, is deleting the Cache, as well player profile, and saved data, in Application saved data management on the ps4, give it a try may not work for everyone, but it worked for me after a few laggy games, it will not delete your rank in IW, for Xbox, or ps4.

i have tried both upnp off and on, same results, i have also cleared cache in both 32-bit and 64-bit google chrome browsers, still same problem for now i have disabled port forwarding and everything is ok for now, by the way how do i clear the r1 cache? just with the port forwarding i have always had it ported through out advanced warfare, black ops 3, and destiny but never had any problems untill i started playing infinite warfare, another thing that is not related, when i changed my setup around and i had my r1 before i had the isp router i could never run a speed test for some reason it would just start get to the download meter and then it would just start going down to zero then it would freeze, only since i changed the set up back to isp > r1 have i been able to do speed test's, just all seems a bit weird cant wait for the new os to come out might fix alot if the problems, have we got an estimated month on when it will be out yet

• Administrators

i have tried both upnp off and on, same results, i have also cleared cache in both 32-bit and 64-bit google chrome browsers, still same problem for now i have disabled port forwarding and everything is ok for now, by the way how do i clear the r1 cache? just with the port forwarding i have always had it ported through out advanced warfare, black ops 3, and destiny but never had any problems untill i started playing infinite warfare, another thing that is not related, when i changed my setup around and i had my r1 before i had the isp router i could never run a speed test for some reason it would just start get to the download meter and then it would just start going down to zero then it would freeze, only since i changed the set up back to isp > r1 have i been able to do speed test's, just all seems a bit weird cant wait for the new os to come out might fix alot if the problems, have we got an estimated month on when it will be out yet

We're aware of the issue but have been unable to recreate it currently. I believe I was going to have some 1 on 1's last week with people who had this issue but I was ill unfortunately so will hopefully be rescheduled to this week instead. 

There is no way to clear the R1 cache currently. What was your setup before? Modem > R1 > ISP router? There shouldn't be any specific reason that would happen. No specific date has been set yet.

Interesting, do you know if your service provider requires PPPoE? If that's the case you may have needed to put that in the R1's settings.

after doing some more testing ive found that with port forwarding it seems it will only slow the os down if there is a conflict between open ports with upnp, upnp wants to open port 3074 udp so all i forwarded was port 3076 udp, and all is working including open nat type in IW, what ever the upnp tries to open that you laready have open manually will cause the duma os to be slow, hope this helps

Why would u use 3076? Go to data monitor for network. So ll show what ports ps4 or Xbox is using. Post that IW uses this port cuz mine says 3074

if you do enough research youll find that they actually use a range of ports if others are occupied just 3074 isnt the only one they use 3075 aswell as 3076 are used

Doesn't answer my question. What port is being used in network monitor. Don't care what u put in. What system are u on.

im on xbox one.... which part of network monitor u on about cuz i cant see any ports in this area

On the left side, click network monitor, you'll see your devices in different colors and a graph, on the graph click a high point, will display all ports in and out going on your network. Select Xbox, post up screen shot of ports being used. Should show udp and http in colors

i have taken a screen shot it does show 3076 but i dont know how to paste it here

Archived