Port forward static ip for Blops3 & IW on PS4

I hear you Chive972 I know that fix bro but the router has just had the Same issue for 9 months bro it's so annoying. I love the router, but it is like the ultimate test of my patience. I am playing BF1 and all of a sudden cant access my ping graph or anything. I must wait 30 minutes to load cc page lol. I understand firmware will have bugs but that's why they should have been rolling out patches.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear you Chive972 I know that fix bro but the router has just had the Same issue for 9 months bro it's so annoying. I love the router, but it is like the ultimate test of my patience. I am playing BF1 and all of a sudden cant access my ping graph or anything. I must wait 30 minutes to load cc page lol. I understand firmware will have bugs but that's why they should have been rolling out patches.

Same here

• Administrators

All I use is portforwarding as it is a smoother gaming experience for me. However lately I have had to reset at least twice daily every port i need open will be open. But the netduma will sky rocket my ping to 900ms. It's like every time the port forwarding slows down my interface as well no matter what, I've been running multiple test the entire lifecycle of update 1.03.6. However, this never happens with upnp I can leave the router alone for months with upnp on. But with all the upnp issues I have grown to wanna use port forwarding which shouldn't be a problem. I love my netduma and want to continue using it. But please fix this portforwarding soon!

That sounds like a graphical issue caused by the V2 theme. I don't believe your ping will actually be that high. From that video it looks like a PS4 issue but we will likely introduce a UPnP timeout so that anything holding the ports needed by the PS4 are reset.

I am happy to do a 1 on 1 with you to look into your issues. It is hard to do patches for a system that you are completely redoing

I don't want to sound mean, I love this product. I know all the fixes Fraser. I have been using the fixes for 9 months, but I just want to stop having to worry about all kinds of little things like did I change my back ground, did I forward this port, is my ping really that high, or why won't this page load. Like I said I love the router but please for the love of God come out with the huge update before infinite warfare.

• Administrators

I don't want to sound mean, I love this product. I know all the fixes Fraser. I have been using the fixes for 9 months, but I just want to stop having to worry about all kinds of little things like did I change my back ground, did I forward this port, is my ping really that high, or why won't this page load. Like I said I love the router but please for the love of God come out with the huge update before infinite warfare.

Totally understand but the new firmware is not something we can rush out.

Can someone please help me with mines? I have the same issue

With your NAT not being open? Have you followed the NAT guide from the knowledgebase/the suggestions in this thread?

Okay this is getting a bit heated so lets all calm down as everyone here is trying to help however i will add yes im sure everyone has tried to go through the guides as well as following sims advice on rebuilding data base, tick/untick UPNP, factory reset everything, disable geograph, turning everything off for over 5 minutes and reboot but nothing has worked, i no longer believe this is a Sony issues i've removed the R1 and tried my own old router on Saturday and i had an open NAT so there is an issue on the Duma side just to add more weight to this none of my friends are having an issue with their NAT they are not using the R1 with all this in mind there is something clearly going on with the DUMA which may of been triggered by SONYS last patch. 

Calm down? I paid 200$ for this router and I have had nothing but issues with it, and u want me to calm down? It's been over a year since I've had this poorly built router. Why do they continue to deny that their product has flaws? They always blame it on something else instead of owning up to their shit. It's one big marketing scam. I have already told my friends and others not to buy this crap and thank God they listened. I will be spreading the word even more now.

Calm down? I paid 200$ for this router and I have had nothing but issues with it, and u want me to calm down? It's been over a year since I've had this poorly built router. Why do they continue to deny that their product has flaws? They always blame it on something else instead of owning up to their shit. It's one big marketing scam. I have already told my friends and others not to buy this crap and thank God they listened. I will be spreading the word even more now.

I feel your pain, but I really dont think that the netduma is poorly built.  I really feel this router is great (when it is working.  I really feel they need to put out a firmware upgrade or something....  When the r1 works, it really works well.  Please fix your product Fellas.  Also I hope they dont screw us and come out with a new router and no upgrade for what we have already.

• Administrators

Why on earth do you guys keep telling us to follow your guide when clearly it doesn't help?! I swear u guys are so closed minded

Because actually most of the time it works and you would be surprised at how many people don't actually look at the help articles we provide. I simply asked what you had tried, if you had said yes and it didn't work then we could have gone from there. 

Sorry you're having issues. We don't deny the product has flaws. Why do you think we are working on a huge upgrade? We want to make it as good as possible. When setup correctly we guarantee the best connection possible. People have mentioned the port forwarding/NAT issue a lot more since the last Sony patch. On a development point of view it is impossible to release any sort of fix for this as we have completely rewritten the software for the new upgrade. I have already mentioned in another thread a potential fix we will put in place. 

Okay huge update on the NAT front it seems if you load up an older cod game the ports magically open! I read this somewhere on reddit and thought it was bull but thought ill give it a go and it worked! You may have to install a variety of games before it works and yes it is time consuming but if it resolves your problem then its worth it. The way i went about it was rebuild database after each install and for me it worked in my 3rd try which was call of duty ghosts! I read from another user that he was able to open his ports loading up COD4 remastered so he was lucky give this a try! (i wont deny though it seems like this is happening to R1 users for what ever reason but at least we have a fix now) good luck! 

Okay huge update on the NAT front it seems if you load up an older cod game the ports magically open! I read this somewhere on reddit and thought it was bull but thought ill give it a go and it worked! You may have to install a variety of games before it works and yes it is time consuming but if it resolves your problem then its worth it. The way i went about it was rebuild database after each install and for me it worked in my 3rd try which was call of duty ghosts! I read from another user that he was able to open his ports loading up COD4 remastered so he was lucky give this a try! (i wont deny though it seems like this is happening to R1 users for what ever reason but at least we have a fix now) good luck!

This is just to much...... We should not have to keep going through reboots factory resets, unplugging and plugging. They just need to fix this Sh@t.

This is too much I agree. It seems like the netduma has been acting up ever since they've been working on their new firmware update that's supposed to be out "this fall" I'm always on moderate now on bo3. They need to fix this now! People pay good money for these inconsistent routers.

Yes this worked for me! But I have to do it each time I power on and off.

The UPnP on the Netduma router is only setting UDP for COD games as well, I NEED HELP figuring this out.  I only see OPEN nat once in a while and not consistent, I have spent over 5 hours over two nights trying to figure this out.  It is awfully frustrating,  can I get a TECH to login to my router and help me with ports?

The UPnP on the Netduma router is only setting UDP for COD games as well, I NEED HELP figuring this out.  I only see OPEN nat once in a while and not consistent, I have spent over 5 hours over two nights trying to figure this out.  It is awfully frustrating,  can I get a TECH to login to my router and help me with ports?

Have you tried following the tutorial at the start of this thread?(if you are on PS4 that is)

UPNP can be a bit hit and miss on the PS at times. Since I gave my console a static ip and forwarded the ports I have not had any issues.

Have you tried following the tutorial at the start of this thread?(if you are on PS4 that is)

UPNP can be a bit hit and miss on the PS at times. Since I gave my console a static ip and forwarded the ports I have not had any issues.

5 hours working on it, the tutorials were the first thing I tried.  A bunch of factors led to the problems and why it was so laborious even with one Xbox One connected:

1. Chrome and the UPnP screen do not get along, the progress ring just spun and spun and spun, so I had no idea if my settings were taking or not switched IE Edge and it took the settings.

2. The fact that the Geo Loc needs to be disabled to get an accurate NAT to appear on your Xbox One in COD IW, this added to the steps to get an open NAT, and adds false results.

3. Port forwarding forum posts/you tube videos, all led to random results. Ended up not using it.

4. Rebooting the router does not seem to consistently work via the config screens.  No R1 config screens worked after reboot from screen.

5. No obvious hard/cold method from the Reset (pen in the hole) method gave a factory reset.

6. UPnP only opens UDP 3074 which does not suffice (that is with or without a 2nd xbox on the network).  With UPnP check on enabled, needed to load COD BLOPS3, COD AW, and COD MW Remastered, then load COD IW and it NAT TYPE was open.

Teredo 3074 3074 192.168.88.1xx UDP DemonwarePortMapping 3076 3076 192.168.88.1xx UDP DemonwarePortMapping 3075 3075 192.168.88.1xx UDP

This is what it looks like after loading all those games and GEO LOC is disabled.

7. Setting profiles also throws a wrench in the game, as I do not know what it is changing.

OK fella, sounds like you could do with some help from Fraser.

If you could go to this thread http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11776-please-read-before-posting-a-support-thread/and give it a read through. Then start a thread in the support section.
That is the first thing to do towards getting you a one to one.

Cheers

Archived