I'm having better games on Blops3 without geo filter enabled???

NEXTGEN NEMESIS

The past few days I've noticed I'm having way better games without the geo filter enabled for some reason, I've been keeping track of what dedicated servers I've been connecting to and they are over in the U.S every time but with the geo filter on covering the U.K all I'm getting is Irish servers and I never get a good game on them, even when partying up my friends complain more which is kind off pissing me off as we are on u.k servers with only u.k people, still no luck on connecting to any south coast servers so I'm kind of giving up on the whole filtering thing now as I'm not benefiting, what servers are people connecting to in the uk??

Hi there, I tried the Germany thing last night and it won't connect to any of the servers, even though it shows that group of 3 and the south coast dedi when I first turn the game on but will never connect to any of them so when in a lobby I don't find any games, it's been like it since I had the router 2 weeks ago, also if I use ping assist ever since the last update on cod it doesn't work either, I know it's not the router as when I turn battlefront on I can connect to the dedi in France every time without any issues, there servers are flawless, it's just ops3 but I'm seeing a lot of people with success on it but for me there's not any change with the game at all, I'll have another play tonight, just seems like I play more with the router rather than the game lately! Not the routers fault but the game!

• Administrators

Hi Gardner,

I'm sorry to hear that, but to be honest a high ping US lobby has to be worst than low ping Irish or EU lobby. Is this a skilled based matchmaking thing? I wish I could help more but honestly low ping lobbies must be far better than high ping lobbies.

Having said that if you truly prefer high ping lobbies then move your home to the US and force those connections every time.

Happy holidays mate!

I'm experiencing the same thing. However, my question is, does C/C work apart from the geo-filter? I'm having better games without the G/F enabled and just using C/C. Once I figured out my buffer bloat games have been much better. I used http://www.dslreports.com to help me figure it out. Thumbs up to ProInnocence for the advice!

My understanding is that the Congestion Control is separate from the Geo Filtering.  The GF is used to select a maximum distance from your "home" that you're willing to accept a game host.  If your GF is set to 900Km, with a Ping Assist to '0', then anything inside that filter is a viable option.  The games matchmaking will then either put you on a dedicated server, or choose the person with the best overall connection (how that is measured I have zero idea) to be a P2P host.

The Congestion Control is used to balance your household internet usage, and keep a little safety-room/head-space for some bandwidth to be dedicated just for the console or PC you are gaming on.

Understood and as far as Blops III is concerned I've been on dedicated servers only for the last couple of weeks. Some games good most bad, but I'm still confident I can find a sweet spot. What does the IP mean in the top right corner of the screen? Is that the server location?

Understood and as far as Blops III is concerned I've been on dedicated servers only for the last couple of weeks. Some games good most bad, but I'm still confident I can find a sweet spot. What does the IP mean in the top right corner of the screen? Is that the server location?

On the multiplayer screen, like as you are loading in?  Yes, I believe that is the server.  I have seen a couple of videos where people say if it has a lower case "e" at the end, it's a dedicated server.

On the multiplayer screen, like as you are loading in? Yes, I believe that is the server. I have seen a couple of videos where people say if it has a lower case "e" at the end, it's a dedicated server.

There are no servers available for xbox one in the UK only the irish dedicated server,the south coast does show up and I can be connected to it as I'm only covering that server with strict mode enabled but there's no chance of getting a game on it,you can wait hours and it will not happen,as soon as you hit the snap button and start heading into ireland it finds games instantly,It must be an xbox one thing,the server you connect to over in the USA are incorrect locations because I myself ping an average of 19ms to 22ms and no way I'm getting that low over in the USA

Archived